Excellent work with mounts... not

DarthLeland

I like spending 40,000 credits than being barred from using the mount in more than half the places I go.

I also especially like getting dismounted for the slightest of touches from enemies... wouldn't want anyone to go past something... so you pretty much force them to fight anything they see.

I like spending 40,000 credits than being barred from using the mount in more than half the places I go.

I also especially like getting dismounted for the slightest of touches from enemies... wouldn't want anyone to go past something... so you pretty much force them to fight anything they see.

Spoiler: Level 2 training costs 210k.

When are people going to figure out that this game, like many others has a mount cost as a money sink :p.

outrageous how much everything costs in this game and they gimped the only profession that can make decent money........ 40k to ride a mount? 1.5 mil for a mount, oh my.........12k for a new look for your companion (seriously?).......... so much more over priced junk in TOR.

outrageous how much everything costs in this game and they gimped the only profession that can make decent money........ 40k to ride a mount? 1.5 mil for a mount, oh my.........12k for a new look for your companion (seriously?).......... so much more over priced junk in TOR.

Maybe you forgot the part where its easy to make money from quests/mobs. You dont have to buy lvl matching gear everytime you level.

Then don't get the mount.

nobody forces you to take a mount....

You're very welcome to keep running everywhere.

Maybe you forgot the part where its easy to make money from quests/mobs. You dont have to buy lvl matching gear everytime you level.

I have 3 crafters, please dont defend the over priced items in TOR. It takes much $$$ to get crafting going, mats, reciepes, then all the other stuff on top. It is outrageous. I end up pvping more to make $$$ for my alts. 40k just to ride? Hate these new age mmo's. SWG bought a speeder for 5k-20k and we was off. Here you wait till 25, and pay a huge fee, its a pain in the rear to be honest.

Yeah it sucked getting the skill and the mount, but 2 quest afterwards, as was back up to where i was. Seriously what are you going to spend the credits on? Med packs.... seeing how a lot people don't use GTN, there's nothing else i can legitimately see you spending money on. Maybe starship upgrades, but again 2 quests and your good.

Also there's lots of areas you can use your mounts, in some instance too, so....

1) Credits are easy to come by.

2) Credits are the only denomination, therefore they are always going to seem large. You don't have a system where 100 copper = 1 silver, and 100 silver = 1 gold. If a credit was a copper, that training would cost 4k gold. :p

I have 3 crafters, please dont defend the over priced items in TOR. It takes much $$$ to get crafting going, mats, reciepes, then all the other stuff on top. It is outrageous. I end up pvping more to make $$$ for my alts. 40k just to ride? Hate these new age mmo's. SWG bought a speeder for 5k-20k and we was off. Here you wait till 25, and pay a huge fee, its a pain in the rear to be honest.

You can also lose your speeder in SWG..........

I really hope you're joking.

You're honestly complaining that because you get into the aggro radius of an enemy they attack you? Jesus *********** christ man.

oh and stop spending money when you don't need to. I got my speeder ahead of time and then saved up starting at around lvl 22. I had about 15k then. At 25 I had about 50k. You're doing something very wrong if you don't have enough.

Edited by Tebbo

And it only has 10% speed increase over the previous one!!

But it can sustain a lot more damage before blowing up, which is a big deal in some respects :p. That being said, I still haven't upgraded my level 25 mount and I have been fifty for several days now.

LOL well 1 month into launch of SWG we didnt have Speeders or mounts. And when we got them it was prob about the same to use one. so 40k was about rt. We also had to wait for shuttles and Starships after paying for a ticket. So if were gonna compare Apples to apples. SWTOR is rt about there. I will admit a bit of a shock at prices thou!

I thought the 40k was too much at first for my main. I got the 40k+ back after 6 hours of questing so it was worth it. My lvl 24 alt already has 78k credits to put towards her mount.

Remember back in WOW when fast mount training was nutz to purchace? Now it is a drop in the bucket after people whined loud enough. You know the ones who want everything handed to them and do not want to make any effort to do anything!

So I say they make it so you pay $500, talk to one NPC then BAM!!! Your at max level, Epic gear and the fastest mount! Then you can move along to another MMO and leave us alone. Because as you know you have accomplised it all :p

Are you being sarcastic or not I can't tell?

LOL well 1 month into launch of SWG we didnt have Speeders or mounts. And when we got them it was prob about the same to use one. so 40k was about rt. We also had to wait for shuttles and Starships after paying for a ticket. So if were gonna compare Apples to apples. SWTOR is rt about there. I will admit a bit of a shock at prices thou!

Yes this is true. When speeders first came out they were high priced, but settled down soon as more people made them. But the prices in TOR are high though.

And the wait on the starships to travel (10 min) actualy seems better than the hoops we have to go through to travel in TOR also lol. I think it takes about 10 minutes to go through all the proper steps to go from planet to planet. :)

nobody forces you to take a mount....

You're very welcome to keep running everywhere.

Who would want to walk when your gonna have half hour speeder rides between quests. The speeders are necessary to make it through boring empty zones with not a single player in sight.

If I were to make a youtube video of tor gameplay it would go like this:

Five mins on a speeder riding along to the annoying hummmmmmmmmmm.

One minute of turning in a quest and talking with an npc.

Five more minutes of...yup speeder again hummmmmmmmmm.

Thirty seconds killing a lone nerf in Alderaan.

Five more minutes of speeder travel hummmmmmmm.

At no point in time would you see other players in this video let alone fight another player.

The End

P.S. Sad but true story....

Edited by Errrkill