and that's why we let you die

Yuichix

Your fighting the Final Boss of a bonus stage mission. Your dying. A class that can heal, heals you and you manage to win because of them.

Do you say ty?-No

Do you stay and help them? -no

So when some class that can heal runs up and watches you die and you rage over it, be mad at the 50 others players that did not say or do anything when that class helped them.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your fighting the Final Boss of a bonus stage mission. Your dying. A class that can heal, heals you and you manage to win because of them.

Do you say ty?-No

So when some class that can heal runs up and watches you die and you rage over it, be mad at the 50 others players that did not say or do anything when that class helped them.

Lot of people are ungrateful jerks.

Don't let that stop you from healing people because when those of us who appreciate it say thanks, you'll forget the jerks.

Do you say ty?-No

Trust me when I say; a lot of players in this game are so oblivious to other players around them that they probably didn't even realize you saved their ***.

Edited by Mannic

Do you say ty?-No

I "guard" healers, and others , all the time. I don't get a thanks either. In fact, people who heal get thanks way more than people who guard. So you do you thank those that guard you?

You may want to check if someone is guarding you and you can thank them for helping you stay alive longer.

Edited by Lazorous

I "guard" healers, and others , all the time. I don't get a thanks either. In fact, people who heal get thanks way more than people who guard. So you do you thank those that guard you?

You may want to check if someone is guarding you and you can thank them for helping you stay alive longer.

I agree 100%. Bloodmonk?

Trust me when I say; a lot of players in this game are so oblivious to other players around them that they probably didn't even realize you saved their ***.

I personally like those people you group with, who then bugger off when they have got their bit done, start the quest hand in conversations, and dont wait for anyone else to join in...

such a great community this is. And why were people against LFG again... oh yeah, it lowers the quality of social interaction....lol

If I don't thank people that "help" me kill a mob, it's personally because I was testing my skills, testing a strategy, etc. Most of the time I don't *want* help when I'm soloing, yet I don't get a choice in the matter. People run by me and even when I'm not at low health, slaughter the elite or whatever I'm working on. I try to say, please don't help, I'm fine, but they never listen. I understand, sometimes it's just them trying to be nice but uninvited help ruins my efforts more often than not so I'm not going to thank them for it.

That being said, when I do want help I ask for it. If i receive help when I request it, I'm very thankful and often will even ask them if they need help with something in return.

That's just a personal thing for me and because of my own issues, I won't interfere with someone even if they are at low health unless I see them ask for it. I try to give what I want to receive. However if I see someone drop, I will stop to rez them. Admittedly, maybe I'm not normal but before you rage at someone you may want to consider their motivations.

Even healers, though I'm not trying to target the OP. I get that the majority of players would consider a random heal a good thing. But like I said, when I'm soloing I'm testing myself and I can't see where I need to work on if someone's giving me free health during a fight.

Of course, If I'm running away from a mob at low health and obviously not trying to fight it, I DO thank people for their assistance. :p

Are you sure that you aren't being something of an officious meddler?

I'm lvl 42 and doing a bonus quest on Balmorra (damn the XP in MMOs these days) against mid/low 30s NPCs. I think it fair to say that I need no assistance. However, I pull a pack and some guy walks up and nukes a mob while I aoe/tab around.

I give thanks or a /nod, but I'm really thinking 'bro, it costs me more time to /nod that it would have for me to just kill that guy.'

Officious meddler... I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.

I just want to give another shout out to the player who helped me get the jumping datacron in the Taris factory after I spammed general chat for someone to help (requires two people). No one cared, no one knew what a datacron was, even people standing right outside the factory....zero responses other than someone literally replying "No" :rolleyes:

This person was wandering by and helped. She also got the cron. I thanked her (I know, shocking right?).

Not everyone in game are jerks...just a lot of them. :cool:

Edited by Thradar