<The Heroes of The Republic> Recruitment Thread

happysister

greetings, friends!

i'm Lørhin, self-appointed Head of the guild's Smuggling Department, as well as the infamous Shooter of People's Faces, and creator of the "Smug Tanking" discipline. sadly, i'm not here to brag about my numerous accomplishments as a certified Republic Privateer, but i've come here due to another title having been bestowed on me: Recruiter of Heroes.

i am the Co-Boss in our guild, The Heroes of The Republic, and i am here today to look for some promising recruits. a little about ourselves...

• we are a mid-sized guild who's members are very friendly, loyal, and helpful.
  • we have a Guild Website, as well as our own Ventrilo server.
  • we're more on the casual side, though we do enjoy end game content, pvp, GSF and conquests.
  • most of us have multiple level 60s and enjoy rolling alts to level with one another from time to time.
  • we are predominantly Republic, but we do have an Imperial guild (The Heroes of The Empire).
  • our Pub guild has a flagship, "The Party Bomber", and our Imp guild has a stronghold on Dromund Kaas.
  • as far as the age range in our guild goes, i think we're mostly around college-aged and older.

we're not really looking to become a huge guild. we're more interested in quality over quantity. as far as what we are looking for in members...well, people who play nice with others is a start. we are very "newb" friendly and will accept F2P players with open arms. veterans are great, too. we could always use more people for Ops. people of all ages are welcome. all classes are welcome. all roles are welcome.

if any of you fine people think that you would like to get to know our guild a little more, or are interested in joining, feel free to shoot me a PM here. or if you're feeling lucky, you can try and catch me in game Pub side on Lørhin (alt code 0248), Shylar or Rucen. you can also catch me Imp side on Temyah or Bashilna. i do have a lot of alts though, so it might be easier to reach me here on the forum, or to just send me an in game mail on one of the above toons.

thank you, gentlebeings, for taking the time to read this. may the Force be with you all. play hard.

Lørhin Kipplar

Republic Privateer

The Heroes of The Republic

P.S.: if you ever find any contraband, call a professional. here's my holofrequency: 0846567

Edited by happysister

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

as an update...we got enough fresh meat to pull off our own guild ops run. i must say, that even though it was the majority's first time running Karagga's Palace, the ops went very smoothly, and we were able to complete it. i'm so proud of my posse. *tears up*

our lower-leveled members have also been working hard, and are rather eager to join in with the endgame fun.

we are now trying to run ops weekly...every Friday night at 9:00pm EST. so far, we tend have room for one random, so if anyone was ever interested in seeing us in action, that would be a good time to do so. provided we do actually have room for you, of course. guildies come first, but the offer is there if we need extras.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

finished EV as a guild for the first time last week. yay! that's two ops under our belt. a lot of our members are excited about tackling EC next. still gotta get our new fresh 50s better gear so they'll be able to keep up. we're also starting to spend a little more time on the sith side as well. we don't have many level 50s over there yet, but we're getting there...very slowly.

everyone is working hard and having fun!

• 2 weeks later...

so the guild is starting to get more into pvp now, which is cool. our Imp guild is slowly growing and seeing more action as well. we've just about got all the fresh 50s into good enough gear to start tackling the harder ops.

we're getting ready to do more soon, and we'd love to have you join us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well....my guild is a bit shocked, happy and overwhelmed right now. since i started this recruitment thread, we've been getting a rather steady stream of new members. not that we're complaining. not the case at all. it's just getting really hard to keep up with all the new people. ^_^; and it's not just people who have read this thread. we get people who apply on our website too, as well as contact us randomly in game, saying that they were directed to talk to one of us in regards to joining a guild. i feel like every time i log in, i'm asking, "who's such-n-such?" for the past week, we've been getting AT LEAST one new member a day. it's a good feeling. to be honest, i never thought our guild would get this big, lol. i mean, we're not huge by any means, but this is the biggest and the most active i've seen us since joining. it's wonderful.

however, i regret that The Heroes of the Republic / Villains of the Empire must put a freeze on accepting new applicants for the time being. i apologize to people who didn't make it in, but are interested in joining. we're just having a bit of a time trying to keep up with all our current new members. we don't want anyone to feel neglected in our guild, so we'll be devoting our time trying to build our relationships with them for awhile.

thank you very much to everyone who's shown support and interest in our guild! and thanks to all the new members for giving us a chance! thanks to "Boss" for being an amazing guild leader. Thanks to my "Twin-Brain" for helping me out with recruitment. oh, and thanks to all the not-so-new members for helping to get the new people settled in. ...thanks to everyone! how's that sound?

our doors will open again sometime in the future, so keep a weather eye out for that. good luck, and may the force be with you!

• 4 months later...
guild recruitment is now officially closed! HOWEVER, that doesn't mean we will refuse anyone who would be a good fit for our guild (we just won't be actively looking for new members). if anyone is still interested, don't hesitate to contact anyone with a Heroes tag. thanks again, everyone, and may the force be with you!

• 1 year later...
Admittedly small sample size, but I joined Heroes of the Republic yesterday based on this thread and thoroughly enjoyed the few hours in game with the guild members online last night. It seems to be exactly what I was looking for in a guild as a returning subscriber.

Admittedly small sample size, but I joined Heroes of the Republic yesterday based on this thread and thoroughly enjoyed the few hours in game with the guild members online last night. It seems to be exactly what I was looking for in a guild as a returning subscriber.

another satisfied customer. ^_^

speaking of being helpful, our guild finished 7th on Makeb this week in conquests (first time in the top 10 for us). that would not have been possible if everyone wasn't putting forth a lot of effort. even people who really didn't like to pvp qued up and ran warzones til their eyes bled, just to help the guild. not to mention all the crafting that was done as well. thanks to all the old and new members that contributed to our victory!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Me and a friend are looking for a guild to join xpappyx - lvl 55 Commando DPS and Doomhealer - lvl 55 Sage heals. We used to be in a hardcore raiding guild back on canderous ordo. We're free to raid nightly from 6 p.m. - 12 a.m. EST. We're also avid PVP players.

Hello,

Me and a friend are looking for a guild to join xpappyx - lvl 55 Commando DPS and Doomhealer - lvl 55 Sage heals. We used to be in a hardcore raiding guild back on canderous ordo. We're free to raid nightly from 6 p.m. - 12 a.m. EST. We're also avid PVP players.

hey there! i'll keep an eye out for you guys in game and shoot you an invite if i see you.