Rate the Light Dark side event

LordAppius

So all of us were hoping for a decent event till bioware announced the one we are currently going to have. Initially some of us were hoping that it would turn out to be something good, and not a regring and refarm 3/4 years of gameplay. Whenver i see a twitch from Bioware they always say their new content or idea was good i would like you all to express how much you are thrilled with this.

For the devs who should probably start listening your fan base, because at this point i m pretty sure you pissed up the majority of the ppl who were long term subscribers.

So from 1 to 10 give your opinions.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-10/10

Seriously ... worst idea ever. Screwing over big part of your playerbase ... even worse.

I'm not arguing, but can you explain to me please how they/we are getting screwed over? I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I do not understand.

-10/10

This is not an event its bribes to get people to repeat content to disguise the fact that there is no new content. It forces you to run flashpoints and PvP even if this isn't your thing or your on a server so dead that it could take hours for a group to pop and then you have to hope they can complete it.

10/10 for new players 1/10 for long time players, it doesnt really affect gameplay as is and ti will probably bring life to certain psrts of the game hm fps/ops, i did not hAve any real expectations but wasnt expecting this much effortif we take into consideration others events.

1-10? It's a ZER0.

They're reading metrics...there's no effort in this event at all, there's nothing new...it's just doing the same old **** again and again and again...yet there will be people who will foolishly fall for it and convince themselves it's real 'content' when it's clearly not. They get a ZER0 on this...which reflects the amount of effort they put into this.

Edited by TUXs

Forcing players to go through ALL old content for few cosmetic rewards is not an event. It is just lazy work trying to make people busy in summer with same content.

0/10 for the effort and how it really screwed old players who already have put so much effort leveling all different classes to get legendary status. Now Bioware wants us to do it again?

Edited by Divona

-10/10

This is not an event its bribes to get people to repeat content to disguise the fact that there is no new content. It forces you to run flashpoints and PvP even if this isn't your thing or your on a server so dead that it could take hours for a group to pop and then you have to hope they can complete it.

Agreed!

I think the 0s and -10s are being too generous.

This so-called "event" does not deserve the consideration of a score.

I have no idea who this "event" is actually aimed at. New players don't generally want to run the content so fast. Veterans have already done it. Who does that leave?

Yeah this is a straight regurgitation of the existing game and they are bribing people with some of the most sought after armor sets in the game....which will likely be skewed in the drop rates (Satele Shan's armor) for instance will probably have a tiny drop rate in comparison.

And then their is the 50% bonus XP armor..... These guys really think that trying to bribe people to roll one of every AC through their game is a good model?

I doubt I will have enough desire to even meet the first set of goals to open a box.

The only reason I play this game is simply because its a Star Wars title.....I really only enjoy Star Wars title games although at this point I am starting to feel pretty bitter towards EA/BW.

Last time I started feeling this way was SoE with Star Wars Galaxies right before the NGE AKA the mass exodus....

Edited by Soljin

Yeah this is a straight regurgitation of the existing game and they are bribing people with some of the most sought after armor sets in the game....which will likely be skewed in the drop rates (Satele Shan's armor) for instance will probably have a tiny drop rate in comparison.

And then their is the 50% bonus XP armor..... These guys really think that trying to bribe people to roll one of every AC through their game is a good model?

I doubt I will have enough desire to even meet the first set of goals to open a box.

the first set of goals is "get to level 25"

What's your point? That it's trivial?

It may not take much effort to take a new character to 25, but what about those who do not have open character slots to do this? Or who already have low-level characters that they do not want to re-roll?

When you really think about it, can you honestly say that this is a well-designed "event?"

Edited by AlienEyeTX

I don't really know anything about this event - it's not even here yet. But, like anything else - PvP, OPs, datacrons, etc., - it's not "required" that you have anything to do with the event, and it's not required that every event is something that you like.

I don't like the Rakghoul Plague event, but you don't see me whingeing about it. ;)

Exactly my point ( I read all the event goals prior to commenting).... level 25 is easy and shows how little interest I have in playing through the same content for the 10th time.......Literally.

If people want to keep plying the same content over and over with a new (Old) carrot on the stick then go ahead....I doubt this "Event" will bring people in with any kind of numbers.

Stop supporting this kind of thing and BW might actually focus resources on new content....Instead of feeding people the old again with bribes of looking like Title characters....

Oh I forgot 0/10.

Edited by Soljin

I don't really know anything about this event - it's not even here yet. But, like anything else - PvP, OPs, datacrons, etc., - it's not "required" that you have anything to do with the event, and it's not required that every event is something that you like.

I don't like the Rakghoul Plague event, but you don't see me whingeing about it. ;)

You just did....

It may not take much effort to take a new character to 25, but what about those who do not have open character slots to do this? Or who already have low-level characters that they do not want to re-roll?

When you really think about it, can you honestly say that this is a well-designed "event?"

Have you ever been to NYC? And there's some guy on the sidewalk selling D&G bags for $5? That's how well designed this event is.

look man, delete some lower toons. i mean, if they're low level then it should be easy to recreate them, no? I did last night. And yes, I understand some people just really don't wanna do that. Also, I'm not thinking about the "quality of the event". Here's what I'm thinking about "the prizes at the end of the legendary tier and how best to get to them." It stops me from being angry and gives me a challenge. It's tedious, yes. But it's still a challenge, and probably a once in a lifetime thing I will regret not doing. Bioware doesn't think I can no-life and do it. I'm gonna prove them wrong.

Have you ever been to NYC? And there's some guy on the sidewalk selling D&G bags for $5? That's how well designed this event is.

So, here is the point that most people are really missing here. There doesn't have to be an event at all! This is just pure gratis for us, but everyone is ungrateful. No one said they had to do any event, but if it is something fun and extra for us to do, and we get rewarded too boot, then I say bring it on.

So, here is the point that most people are really missing here. There doesn't have to be an event at all! This is just pure gratis for us, but everyone is ungrateful. No one said they had to do any event, but if it is something fun and extra for us to do, and we get rewarded too boot, then I say bring it on.

I'm not ungrateful, I think it's a poorly thought out event. Much like a poorly designed $5 handbag you buy off the street. looks good from a distance, until you inspect it closer.