Early access email obtained

SWmmoFan

Should be in as soon as I get off work. Priorities will be traveling at lvl 1 to the Imperial Fleet, talking to the crew skill folks, selecting 3 crew skills (all gathering), obtaining my companion, and getting the holocrons from both starting planets. I hope to get to run the first Flashpoint a time or two, but that might be pushing it as I still have to work tomorrow.

It's nice to be making my Medic for real finally :).

You don't need a companion to train crew skills. The gathering skills can be done without a companion. Take bioanalysis, kill creatures that it will let you scan (easier on Korriban) and you can skill it up without a companion. There are lizards on Hutta you can scan as well. Only crafting / mission skills take a companion.

And yes, you get your companion from the story line. I've played through the starting area on Hutta many times- it won't take me long to unlock the first companion (level 5 or 6). Again, this is just my plan for tonight during early release time.

Edited by SWmmoFan

AFAIK, you'll be able to level up the gathering skills Bioanalysis and Scavenging as soon as you get them. Even at Lvl 1 on your starting planet. You don't need your companion first. I'll be going to the Fleet when I first start to pick up the skills I need and get all the xp from talking to the trainers just like the OP mentioned.

Whats the point? I mean all you gain is minuscule head-start that doesn't amount to anything at the cost of totally breaking the story sequence.

The point for me at least was going to the Imperial fleet, obtaining the crew skill quest, talking to all the crew trainers, selecting 1 craft and two gathering (have to pick a craft to finish the quest) and getting 3 free levels just from doing that. Go back to starter planet and begin your story at level 4.

Then again I also did all the Hutta starting quests grouped with a bounty hunter. We got social points for the planet quests and got to see each others class quests. With a little planning you can finish the starter planet with around 240 social points before going to Black Talon.