I Got A Message From Eric Musco??

Talon_strikes

Has anyone received a message from this guy? What I'm really surprised about is that he took a few moments of this time to write me this:

Hello!

My name is Eric Musco and I am one of the members of the Community team here at BioWare. One of my roles on the team is outreach to guilds, which is the reason I am hitting you up today! My goal with this message is simple, to introduce myself to let you know that I am here to answer any questions, comments or concerns you and your guild may have.

If you ever need to reach me, you can do so here on the forums via PM or email guilds@swtor.com. Would you be the point of contact for the guild or is there someone else I should reach out to? If so, you can also just pass my information along and have them get in touch with me directly :)

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you!

-eric

I'm just a bit confused as to why I'd receive this, but I'm glad there's an Ambassador for Guilds working at BioWare. I also have to say that this was really nice of him. I really hope BioWare starts communicating with the community more. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone received a message from this guy? What I'm really surprised about is that he took a few moments of this time to write me this:

I'm just a bit confused as to why I'd receive this, but I'm glad there's an Ambassador for Guilds working at BioWare. I also have to say that this was really nice of him. I really hope BioWare starts communicating with the community more. :)

Well I'm guessing Eric contacted you cause you're a guild leader? Anyway, Eric is awesome. In case you didn't know he was one of the guys who started TOROcast. If you don't know what TOROcast is then you're a lost cause. :D Just kidding. My point being, once he was on our side of things so he knows what it is like to be us. Game on!

wish that guy would get in touch with me, i gotta whole bunch to talk about

Yea, that kind of outreach back when my guild of 170 started dying off due to a dead server (most of those 170 weren't 50 yet and we never could find that last dps for Ops) might have been useful at one point. Actually, no it wouldn't have done any good at that point, because the feedback I'd have give was the same feedback many of us gave during beta and on these forums after release. The merges addressed some of it, but too little too late to save that guild full of great people. Some rerolled before the merges, some transfered with us and joined a different guild, but most simply quit the game entirely.

wish that guy would get in touch with me, i gotta whole bunch to talk about

We can tell by your sig ;)

Glad to see them "reaching out", but I worry that what they hear is being ignored on the forums already. Guild mail, guild purpose, guild reason, guild customization, guild banks (that aren't pure credit sinks), guild activities, guild housing, guild ships...hell, ANY reason to be in a guild.

The guild summit was a sham. The guilds that were invited were the same people who live in Austin, Texas, and just so happen to have been going to Bioware Austin's office on the weekends to play the game to provide feedback ( an unconfirmed rumor was that they were getting paid to do it too). I don't know if they still do that, it was back after launch, but that's when the guild summit was.

Who did you think got one of those super-special invitations? It certainly wasn't any of us unwashed masses.

It was the peopple who were already speaking with the dev team regularly.

By telling people they could apply for an invitation if they paid their own way down there was the only way they could advertise this as anything but a complete mockery.

Sure it wasn't a phishing attempt? :eek:

(I kid, or do I .... *Craig Ferguson voice*)

At least someone attempted to communicate with you from the Community Team.

:D

Great Ferguson impersonation :D

As for this thread... I've always kept a small guild. So, my input doesn't really matter. Only the bigger guilds are the ones devs worry about.

The guild summit was a sham. The guilds that were invited were the same people who live in Austin, Texas, and just so happen to have been going to Bioware Austin's office on the weekends to play the game to provide feedback ( an unconfirmed rumor was that they were getting paid to do it too). I don't know if they still do that, it was back after launch, but that's when the guild summit was.

Who did you think got one of those super-special invitations? It certainly wasn't any of us unwashed masses.

It was the peopple who were already speaking with the dev team regularly.

By telling people they could apply for an invitation if they paid their own way down there was the only way they could advertise this as anything but a complete mockery.

Explain the Londoner in the arsenal shirt that was at the summit then? I remember watching it and saw him ask a question.

(arsenal is a football team over here in england, or as its known in america "soccer")

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

You caught me, I totally did send that PM! As I explained, one of my roles here at BioWare is guild outreach and so sometimes I like to prowl the forums and establish contact with new guilds that catch my eye. However, anyone should feel free to contact me with questions, comments or concerns in regards to guilds. We have a public email address for that kind of thing and it is guilds@swtor.com. Any guild should feel free to reach out to me through that address.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

You caught me, I totally did send that PM! As I explained, one of my roles here at BioWare is guild outreach and so sometimes I like to prowl the forums and establish contact with new guilds that catch my eye. However, anyone should feel free to contact me with questions, comments or concerns in regards to guilds. We have a public email address for that kind of thing and it is guilds@swtor.com. Any guild should feel free to reach out to me through that address.

Thanks!

Holy Smokes! He does exist! :eek:

*Faints*

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

They are talking to us! It's been so long...

Do you bring news?! Who's the President?! For the love of the Force what year is it?!

If anyone says "We can't talk about that yet" or "We don't have an exact date yet" my head will explode.

Edited by Thaltom

I was refering only to the feedback reported. They indeed asked for more end game content (which I too would like to see btw)...and didn't get it.

So, like, the only thing they asked for and actually got was no cross-server in the LFG tool? Which is sort of a moot point now that the game's community will be utterly demolished by the inbound F2P crowd, right?

Or was there something else that I'm forgetting?

They are talking to us! It's been so long...

Do you bring news?! Who's the President?! For the love of the Force what year is it?!

If anyone says "We can't talk about that yet" or "We don't have an exact date yet" my head will explode.

How about "soon"? :p

Edited by DarthTHC

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Wish there was someone like you when it comes to space development, me and a few others spent months corolating, refining and putting together all feedback we could and into one huge suggestion thread for space from within the forums and outside forums.

Edited by Shingara

So, like, the only thing they asked for an actually got was no cross-server in the LFG tool? Which is sort of a moot point now that the game's community will be utterly demolished by the inbound F2P crowd, right?

QFT .... yeah it was all about community ... Lolololololololo

and it's:

Soon!!(™) :eek:

So, like, the only thing they asked for and actually got was no cross-server in the LFG tool? Which is sort of a moot point now that the game's community will be utterly demolished by the inbound F2P crowd, right?

LOL, I seem to remember a longer list but it struck me at the time as what hardcores would ask for. Otherwise you're spot on there :)

Nice! <thumbsup>

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Just a suggestion Eric, maybe take feedback on the forums vs PMs and emails. A lot of ideas may sound good to you and whoever suggests it, but there's no better place for a solid debate over things like here, in the open, where people can argue for/against something.