Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<Ven Zallow Academy> Heavy RP Guild for Traditional Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk > Guild Recruitment
<Ven Zallow Academy> Heavy RP Guild for Traditional Jedi

sutasafaia
11.03.2017 , 03:26 PM | #61
Suppose I'll ask since I'm thinking about putting in an app maybe...when you say traditional Jedi, I assume that means emotionless robot Jedi are the only ones that need to apply because 100% of emotions are dark side? Figure I'll get that question out of the way.

GrindStone
11.09.2017 , 05:52 AM | #62
No, it's not like that. It's like actually being a Jedi. It's very hard. Takes a long time. Climbing a un-climbable mountain, but doing it anyway even though you know it can't be climbed. Control, Focus, Dedication, and Desire to learn. I wouldn't be the best person to ask. I'm actually a bit unpredictable & wild. Many disprove, but they can't say anything because most of the Jedi were recently destroyed & whatever exists now is heavily corrupted by the dark side. In actuality there is a lot of very distinct emotion inside a Jedi which allows them to be Jedi or to overcome. Calm, Peace, Patience, And Have To Go To Bathroom. LOL

MasterMaverick_
11.09.2017 , 07:38 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by sutasafaia View Post
Suppose I'll ask since I'm thinking about putting in an app maybe...when you say traditional Jedi, I assume that means emotionless robot Jedi are the only ones that need to apply because 100% of emotions are dark side? Figure I'll get that question out of the way.
Jedi are not supposed to be, and were never intended to be, "emotionless robots". All the playable species have emotions, and that is the great drama in playing a Jedi - having these emotions and coping with them in order to be the best Jedi you can be.

Everyone has felt anger or rage at something. But what your Jedi character does about it is what really matters. How they respond to it, whether they act on it, and if they do - how?
Every Jedi feels guilt or sorrow. How does your Jedi deal with that in making decisions and doing the best they can by the people they interact with and are supposed to help?

Emotions and passions cloud one's judgement and can result in negative consequences. That is why they are avoided when making decisions or actions.

Emotions, strong or otherwise, can lead to the Dark Side. How does your Jedi cope with being sapient and going for that ideal of "enlightenment" - detaching oneself from their emotions in order to truly connect with the Force, and thus be a defender of peace and justice?
Your Jedi will make mistakes and allow emotions to cloud their judgement. Do they let these emotions fester, though? Do they allow these emotions to morph into passions with dangerous conclusions? Do they forsake the Tenets and the Responsibilities of the Jedi and act out revenge on those who have wronged them or those they have loved? That is what being a Jedi is all about.

In short, IC murdering of anyone (i.e. killing someone who didn't need to be killed) will likely result in being removed from the guild in an IC manner. Your toon could probably stay in the guild, but they wouldn't ICly be a part of the Enclave anymore. Willfully using the Dark Side would also likely result in being removed from the Enclave (not necessarily the guild). That is given that your character is not willing to redeem themselves, of course. We do have (a pretty lax) dress code (No majority black or red clothes, etc.) and restrictions on lightsaber crystal colors (no red or burnt orange, etc.) And, of course, we don't really condone romantic relationships, but we do recognize the need to keep species going (Ki-Adi-Mundi), and would make exceptions if the situation came up.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

MasterMaverick_
11.13.2017 , 07:37 AM | #64
Upcoming Guild Events:

November 15th at 8pm - Diplomacy Basics III

Upcoming Galaxy Alliance Events:

Monday, November 13th at 8pm - Operation Starfall Briefing (IMP)
Tuesday, November 14th at 9pm - Operation Starfall I (IMP)
Wednesday, November 15th at 9:15pm - Race to the End Part II (REP)
Thursday, November 16th at 9pm - Operation Starfall II (IMP)
Friday, November 17th at 9pm - Operation Starfall III (IMP)
Sunday, November 19th at 9pm - Battle of Mirial - Danger Zone (Cross Faction)

XanZero
11.29.2017 , 08:00 PM | #65
Now that the servers have completely changed since I have been on last, what server is this guild based out of if not Ebon Hawk?

NekoSaki
12.31.2017 , 05:08 PM | #66
Could I join this guild?