"Republic isn't outnumbered, you just need to use tactics and strategize!"

Obstero

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

So, first they just spawncamp the base, then the patch happens, now they just wait outside. The other exit had a few Sith as well, though no point in going there - what are you gonna do, flank them? Yes, those *tactics* are brilliant.

As you can also clearly see, there's only 27 Republic. This is the first instance, mind you. It used to be full, but everyone abandoned it when they realised it was hopeless. The other instance is devoid of life.

---------

I can't say Bioware can do much at this point. Faction imbalance can clearly be seen, and why is that? Well, people always want to be the bad guys, who, by cliche, are bad-*** looking.

Seriously, the Sage's PvP hat makes him look like a turkey.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

So, first they just spawncamp the base, then the patch happens, now they just wait outside. The other exit had a few Sith as well, though no point in going there - what are you gonna do, flank them? Yes, those *tactics* are brilliant.

As you can also clearly see, there's only 27 Republic. This is the first instance, mind you. It used to be full, but everyone abandoned it when they realised it was hopeless. The other instance is devoid of life.

---------

I can't say Bioware can do much at this point. Faction imbalance can clearly be seen, and why is that? Well, people always want to be the bad guys, who, by cliche, are bad-*** looking.

Seriously, the Sage's PvP hat makes him look like a turkey.

You have it easy. We have 10-15 Repulbic MAX on our server. I have no interest of playing PvP at 50 right now.

You have it easy. We have 10-15 Repulbic MAX on our server. I have no interest of playing PvP at 50 right now.

I was really excited about this game, especially how they hyped the combat, I thought "PvP is gonna be so cool! They have a whole team who know what they're doing [what a joke] devoted to just PvP!"

Unless they try and do something about (faction imbalance is unfixable), the game is going to be ruined. Ops are bugged, so are some hardmodes. What are we supposed to do at 50? Wait for Bioware to fix everything?

I completley agree with you OP

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=217726

OFC theres a point where there is being vastly out numbered, but people in general are trying to meet zerg with mini zerg with no thought on a different way at all.

There might well be 140 imps in Illum to your 20 but you try to split them up so at a point on the map you outnumber them..

My above post goes into a lot more details on these ideas..

Bioware's fault for having a 2-team PvP game.

There should be Republic, Empire and Hutts, perhaps with Hutt being a team anyone from the two main empires can join for purposes of PvP.

At any rate, some servers are worse than others. We estimate that Empire outnumbers Republic by about 15% on our server (RP-PvP). On others I hear it's more like 3-to-1 or worse.

Warzones are limited to 8-10 people. Ilum can be played well if you group up PROPERLY.

Take your whining, and your threatening to unsubscibe, and your "I wont resub IF" and leave.

Did you... I don't even...

Did you completely miss the point of this post and the screenshot? You cannot battle zerg with mini zerg, as a fellow poster above said.

Edited by Obstero

Warzones are limited to 8-10 people. Ilum can be played well if you group up PROPERLY.

Take your whining, and your threatening to unsubscibe, and your "I wont resub IF" and leave.

I will never understand the mentality of people like you who tell anyone who criticises to go away, or calls them 'whiners'.

This is not a gift, or a free service provided by Bioware, nor is it a charity. He and the rest of us pay for the service and bought a product in addition, and thus he has every right to whine, threaten et cetera.

If there's a problem, he's right to raise it without idiots like you jumping in and licking the proverbial backsides of the developers.

Yeah bro the 10 to 15 Reps out in Ilum can totally group up properly and take out that roving death zerg of 60+ Imps no problem. I have no Idea what those babies are crying about. :rolleyes:

What I find is that Republics can move in a group of say 5-10 and take out some random staggler Imperials until they run into the group of 30+ guys, then they die instantly. Ilum is a big place, but the 'Soandso is spotted near this place" kind of gives it away unless your mini raiding party is just hiding in the middle of nowhere to ambush passerbys.

No amount of "grouping up PROPERLY" can overcome 4-1 odds.

And that is if you are LUCKY. Yesterday on Ilum on my server it was about 50-1 odds, in that I was the ONLY Republic player on Ilum at the time (it was 2am) and there was a roaming death zerg of about 50 Imperials.

Of course I'm a Jedi Shadow so they had no idea I was there, but I sure as heck didn't come out of stealth.

What are you going to do when all the Republic players quit? Play Huttball all the time?

Edited by Tiresias

today we had a really good battle in illum but it was first since the illum revamp and had tapered off last 2 days. the republic worms, had some interesting strats! all tank melee classes guarded all ranged casters and we couldnt down them what so ever and when we pulled them the healers would yank them back, would send small groups to cap stuff to distract us from the base, and it worked well they pushed us back several times but still who ever has most numbers WILL win regardless of what you do.