ALL the Stuns should break on damage. Instantly.

Missandei

oh please,you don't even know the difference between stun and mezz,i use a tank/dps hybrid jugg in pvp,i don't even have a stun!yet i don't complain because many builds would be complete and utter scrap without stuns! (yes i'm talking about you operative)

without a stun a healer wouldn't even be able to escape and survive,a dps wouldn't be able to take down a healer because the stun would break on dmg like you say giving the healer a full chance to heal himself,dot specs would be useless because every single dot dmg would remove the stun.

learn to play.

and i see on your signature that you are a shadow,without your stuns your class would be totally destroied,no matter the spec.

It is clear that you havent been in RWZ.

Ok. Have fun chasing the recruits in PuG WZ!

You are welcome to revisit this thread when you become more experienced player.

I approve this change. As a Merc healer, it's already impossible to kill me unless I take two 4-second stuns back to back and my CC breaker is not up. If stuns broke on damage it would be a whole new level of god mode that far surpasses how invincible we were pre-1.2.

(Basically what I'm trying to say is, think a bit before you make an ignorant post)

SWG didn't have CC even remotely close to SWTOR.

BH and Smuggler had 1 stun each, as far as i know?

Edit: and very few other CC abilities...and no knockbacks at all.

i believe he was refering to Pre-Nge, which had a bevy of ways to be "stunned". knockdowns, blinds, dizzy, etc.

post-NGE, there was only one stun, Pistol Whip. which wasnt even used in highly competitive PvP. BH had a stun at one point, but it was removed for a much better skill (god-mode for 6 seconds)

I approve this change. As a Merc healer, it's already impossible to kill me

(Basically what I'm trying to say is, think a bit before you make an ignorant post)

Really? lol.. Unkillable Merc Healer? lulz...

Edited by Missandei

I approve this change. As a Merc healer, it's already impossible to kill me unless I take two 4-second stuns back to back and my CC breaker is not up. If stuns broke on damage it would be a whole new level of god mode that far surpasses how invincible we were pre-1.2.

Sure! Let's just end Stun Wars now and worry about you later.

Weaker classes? Why a Powertech doing 5.5k railshot has a 4sec stun PLUS a 3sec stun?

Why a Decepetion Assassin doing 6k Maul has a 4sec stun PLUS 1.5sec stun when comes out of stealth? Do not forget about Low Slash every 16sec.

A sorcerer DPS has so many tools to keep a melee in distance... Sniper has 999 tools to counter melees.

Healers need a 4sec stun, it's fair. But you're wrong when you say "weaker" classes has a stun.

Are u stupid or just trying to be?

It's your job as a melee to get close, and u have a lot of tool to do that! And they have tool to defend, like a warrior with almost a invulnerable shield, that kills u with 10 of life.

Instead of come to the forum cry like baby, try to maximize ur class! Because snipers, and specially assassins, take a lot of damage! Assassins (deception and madness) are almost a paper, so they need the cc to be competitive as a warrior that hit like a truck, or a BH/tropper!

Try to play with other classes plz, and stop complaining about ****!!!!

The pvp in this game it's one of the best in mmo's nowadays!!!!

Edited by fjsvidal
Wrong words

Eh no, this would be a bad idea.

Honestly roots are starting to get on my nerves much more than stuns. In 1v1's or small scale fights neither of these things are an issue. However geez it's sometimes rediculous in huttball how many roots people can throw on you and keep you completely immobile for the duration of you holding the ball.

All the Shadow/Assassin and Op/Gunslinger will throw their stupid LTPs out, but come on, how bad of a player do you have to be or what kind of garbage class is it that needs the other person to not be able to fight back, most of the time, a single stun will mean death. Stuns are badly done in this game and the entire system just needs to be reworked to improve pvp overall.

The answer, short of a rework is for resolve to treat all movement impairing affects (slows, mezz, stun and roots) the same and give 100% resolve that decays at a very slow rate.

Edited by Zataos

i believe he was refering to Pre-Nge, which had a bevy of ways to be "stunned". knockdowns, blinds, dizzy, etc.

post-NGE, there was only one stun, Pistol Whip. which wasnt even used in highly competitive PvP. BH had a stun at one point, but it was removed for a much better skill (god-mode for 6 seconds)

Yes, thank you. I was referring to the many skills in the various jedi skill trees that lead to outrage and the eventual 'balancing' of the combat upgrade and NGE. Anyone remember the master enhancer skill, stasis? Talk about enraging. . .

All the Shadow/Assassin and Op/Gunslinger will throw their stupid LTPs out, but come on, how bad of a player do you have to be or what kind of garbage class is it that needs the other person to not be able to fight back, most of the time, a single stun will mean death. Stuns are badly done in this game and the entire system just needs to be reworked to improve pvp overall.

The answer, short of a rework is for resolve to treat all movement impairing affects (slows, mezz, stun and roots) the same and give 100% resolve that decays at a very slow rate.

Adding roots to resolve would require a massive melee classes damage nerf to balance their higher dps uptime as well as tank survivability to balance their huttball performance.

Edited by NoTomorrow

I have a great compromise to get rid of this so-called "stun wars". (TBH, Yes there are stuns but it isn't the stuns that are killing you).

Basically all "hard stuns" have a set amount of damage that the person can recieve before the stun is auto-broken. This damage amount could be based on the expertise of the stunner or just be some sort of baseline, since lowbies don't have expertise.

Here is the original link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570927

Edited by RyanReagan

If all the stuns will instantly break on any damage— the PvP Stun madness will be brought to normal.

but then they'd be mezzes!

Quit being so mad. Accept the fact that if you're going to be double or triple teamed...you're going to die. It's reality. In that sense, the game's more balanced then you think. I go after Pubs when I'm doing dailies, but there is no way I'm defeating two of them unless they are injured.

When it comes to something like 12 on 10, the 10 can win, but it has to take someone really, really good to knock off 2 opponents at once, especially factoring in comps.

Edited by islander

id like the cc breaker to reset on death pls, wouldn't hurt anyone imo

also a bit more complicated, but i could see something like a 10 - 20% damage reduction per second someone is chain stunned after the first 3 or 4 seconds, would put some penalty on stunlock-killing people, but it's quite possible there would be a downside to that, although i can't see it right now

I would like it if 1 stun = full resolve, then resolve would go down quicker. So basically, there would be a short period of time between stuns. Then; CC breaker still ends the stun or, if you use it while not stunned, it fills your resolve, which then goes down as if you were stuned without actually being stunned. Cool down stays the same.

I would like it if 1 stun = full resolve, then resolve would go down quicker. So basically, there would be a short period of time between stuns. Then; CC breaker still ends the stun or, if you use it while not stunned, it fills your resolve, which then goes down as if you were stuned without actually being stunned. Cool down stays the same.

Doesn't go far enough. Far too many CC's completely bypass and ignore Resolve.

No.

Something else needs to happen to help with resolve but then again if its was not for the stuns huttball would be very easy.

I know it can be a wicked pain to get stun locked till death, but not being able to stun someone would mean they coudl score like crazy and PUGs would break your cc every time.