Companions on starting planets

Imcy

Hi

I'm a casual player, so I probably missed something. Yesterday I've created new character on Tython. I've seen few characters with companions. Not only bonus companions like Nico, which I can get, but class companions like Nadia or Scourge. Is it possible to have them starting new character? How?

I'm a subscriber. I've never finished KoTFE or later content.

Best regards

There are a few ways one could have a comp while on their starter world aside from being high level or just progressing their story.

First would be award comps. These are companions that were/are granted as awards for various conditions. Subscriber awards such as Shae Vizla, Nico Okarr, and Paxton Rall, event awards such as Master Ranos, and achievement awards such as Darth Hexid (who can currently be earned by completing the Feats of Strength (IIRC) in-game achievement). All of these comps are available at level 1 if unlocked.

One could also have access to HK-51 at level 1 by first completing the mission to acquire HK on a higher level character then purchasing the unlock in their legacy for one millions credits.

Same as HK-51, one could acquire Treek on a higher level character then purchase the unlock in their legacy, 300k or 350k, but Treek has a minimum level requirement of 10.

There are also a number of comps that can be purchased from the Cartel Market, various droids and enslaved beasts. I have not used any of those comps, but I think they also have a level 10 minimum requirement.

One other way one could have a comp on their starter world while doing their story is by using a Master's Datacron to instantly level to 70. An MD grants the user access to their class ship and gives them their ship comp if they have not yet unlocked them through story progression.

If you are seeing people with comps such as Nadia or Scourge then those are high level characters who have traveled back to their starter world since the only way to acquire them is by advancing the story.

Edited by ceryxp

Not only bonus companions like Nico, which I can get, but class companions like Nadia or Scourge. Is it possible to have them starting new character?

As stated above, you can start with one of the various "special" companions, such as Treek, HK-51, Nico, etc. The "normal" class companions have to be gotten in the normal way, through the story.

You don't have to be a beginner to be on the starter planets, though. You could be seeing higher level players who have come back to the starter world(s) for various reasons.

Edited by JediQuaker

Hi

I'm a casual player, so I probably missed something. Yesterday I've created new character on Tython. I've seen few characters with companions. Not only bonus companions like Nico, which I can get, but class companions like Nadia or Scourge. Is it possible to have them starting new character? How?

I'm a subscriber. I've never finished KoTFE or later content.

Best regards

There are several missions in the Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular stories that require the character to return to Tython, in some cases quite late in the story. You've probably seen them lurking around the door to the Jedi Council chamber on the top floor, right?

And don't forget that sometimes people go to places to hang out, tool around on speeders, and so on, just for fun, including the ones who like to RP.

You also need to check the level of these players, who have those companions, because its surely not possible to have Nadia at level 1, but if its a F2P player and he did only story quests he might have gained little XP but moved on in the story. A player needs to be level 10 to get off the planet, but he can bypass that now by other means so hard to say.

A player needs to be level 10 to get off the planet

No, you can take the shuttles to the Fleet from level 7 or 8 (that's why the <Adaptive Gear Vendor> on the Fleet sells requires-8 gear), but finishing the starter world class story below level 10 is difficult these days.

Hello

I think the level do noz matter if you got the priority pass you can go to the fleet!

That's a separate question. To use the shuttles (without the priority pass) you must be level 7 or 8 at minimum:

* In the space port on Hutta or Ord Mantell

* At the far end of the upper level of the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban, on the right as you look away from the Academy

* In the back of the upper level of the Jedi Temple on Tython.