Might set bonus - Stormcaller/Firebrand shields are killed by guild ship support

As the title is saying.

The set bonus from the guildship perks is kinda not that handy when you have shieldgenerator that isn't allowed to take hits.

Not sure how to fix this one.

I guess you could make the set bonus a toggle so that we can deactivate it when needed?

I expect that Kephess would be a bit of an issue as well (with the trenchgutter purple shield).

Calph in dread council a bit less as people can just be a bit more careful.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344837567323176961/571408652855148545/unknown.png

The 'In addition'-part is the issue here.

It's a problem for sure, it could also be a problem anywhere you would need to hold dps like council for example. Maybe even sword squadron, however I don't think it's something Bioware has to worry about really as there is two options to fix it.

1 don't use this perk.

2 anticipate this perk and plan accordingly (knock adds out on firebrand and storm caller) stop at 55 on dread masters in council to leave area for error etc.

Personally I find it a cool perk but more trouble then it's worth

The bug doesn't perse make it impossible to complete EC. However, it makes it much much harder.

Essentially what happens is that when you deal or take damage you have small chance at your guildship bombarding a large area (similar size and visuals as a snipers flyby attack).

If this bombardment happens it damages the shield generator from Firebrand and Stormcaller. In our 3 attempts, it killed shields 100% of the time. If the shield generator gets destroyed everyone will take the heavy aoe attacks from firebrand who is shooting mortars.

You can't prevent the bombardment from happening. Only possible ways are to:

1 - not use the guildbonus (which must be done by leadership)

2 - push the adds away very far (radius of the attack is very large)

Alternativly you can bring good healers who can heal through the bombardement. But that shouldn't be needed in a HM/VM operation like EC.

Secondly, I am afraid that the bonus will also proc on trenchgutters. If you damage those while the warrior carries a shield you will take massive damage.

Workaround is to have the tank taunt the warrior away. So less of an issue.

It isn't a bug and you should all stop referring to it as such.

It only works on SM and HM and any HM raid it might effect you have to ask yourself....does it matter? Won't get you killed on any of the harder HMs like TOS RaV and Gods any inconvenience it causes can be handled either via

1: deal with it

2: don't use this perk

Really simple. Not a bug, not biowares fault (for once)

It only works on SM and HM and any HM raid it might effect you have to ask yourself....does it matter? Won't get you killed on any of the harder HMs like TOS RaV and Gods any inconvenience it causes can be handled either via

1: deal with it

2: don't use this perk

Really simple. Not a bug, not biowares fault (for once)

It isn't a bug but it's broken by design. So this needs to be adressed and all the other issues with those perks too. Faster reg in ranked and mm timeruns etc. this list is so long you should take a look in the thread in generalforum.

80% of those perks are useless. 10% broken and the other 10% are useful.

There need to be a conversation with the community(which has some great ideas for those perks, which are balanced)

It isn't a bug but it's broken by design. So this needs to be adressed and all the other issues with those perks too. Faster reg in ranked and mm timeruns etc. this list is so long you should take a look in the thread in generalforum.

80% of those perks are useless. 10% broken and the other 10% are useful.

There need to be a conversation with the community(which has some great ideas for those perks, which are balanced)

No, I really don't see an issue here. They aren't broken by design and they don't work in PVP or Nightmare it says so.

Semantics. In technical terms, it is not a bug no. That's why I made the post in there and not in the bug report section.

Furthermore. You tell us to 'deal with it'. if the set wasn't broken (for this particular fight) you wouldn't have to deal. In a sense, you agree that there is something wrong. (yes I just twisted your words around but you get the idea I guess).

Ofc you can tell us to knock adds out of the shield. That's possible. But how are you then gonna kill them?

A - have strong ranged dps killing them - you assume everybody is a decent damage dealer in that case. Imo a wrong assumption.

B - have 4 ranged. If something is disqualifying a class than that's broken by definition.

C - have good healers. I don't expect pugs to have good healers. Also if you NEED good healers that means the content is broken.

I really don't see how this is not an ability that needs fixing.

It might not be a bug. But it is an unforeseen consequence which is dramatically increasing the difficulty for anyone who is not in a good guild.

Lastly. Please stop referring at gods and whatever. Not talking about that. Nor am i talking about Dread council. I am specifically talking about EC firebrand and stormcaller.

I don't mind the trenchgutters as much as the workaround is really easy to do (tanks taunting warrior out). But the dieing shield generators in EC is a bit much to handle considering the intended difficulty.

Edited by fire-breath