Question about accent on nonEnglish servers

Shayddow

On the English servers, the Republic for the most part use American English for Republic characters and British English for the Imperial. This is mentioned in-story during the trooper story upon the introduction of Elara Dorne, whose accent is said to be "pure Dromund Kaas.".

I am wondering how this is handled on the French and German servers. Are there different regional accents voiced by the voice actors over there between the Republic and Imperial? (I can understand a little German, but not well enough to ask on those forums.)

On the English servers, the Republic for the most part use American English for Republic characters and British English for the Imperial. This is mentioned in-story during the trooper story upon the introduction of Elara Dorne, whose accent is said to be "pure Dromund Kaas.".

I am wondering how this is handled on the French and German servers. Are there different regional accents voiced by the voice actors over there between the Republic and Imperial? (I can understand a little German, but not well enough to ask on those forums.)

You could try it and see because it has nothing to do with the servers, and everything to do with the settings on your game client. (You have to modify the setting in the *launcher*, and it will download the other-language version of all the assets. There's no way, for example, to set French audio and English written text.)

But in general, once you set your game to French, say, you'll find that they all speak with French accents. I'm English (but now I'm also French even though I wasn't before) and I live in France. I play on the French server, and when I started the game, I played with the client in French, and I can't distinguish French regional accents well enough to say whether the accents are separated appropriately. That said, the Imperial/British accents are all over the place, and it's noteworthy that you sometimes (but only sometimes) hear ostensibly posh Imperials speaking in working-class accents, or vice versa.

Key point: no, in French they didn't use, say, Quebecois voice actors for one side and French ones for the other. The Quebecois accent is distinctly different from French ones, just as British and American accents are different. You may find that they used e.g. North Germans for one side and South Austrians for the other, but I have my doubts.

They don't use different accents between Pub and Imps in French.

To me they all sound like they have no accent, but for someone from the south of France for instance, they would probably say they have a "parisian" accent, but well i've spent most of my life near Paris, so to me that's just the "normal" french accent. :D

Though both IA speak in a slightly more snobbish maner than other characters.