Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

@CharlesBoyd: What happened to the old Imperial Guard leaders?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
@CharlesBoyd: What happened to the old Imperial Guard leaders?

Nick_J_Herrmann
09.25.2019 , 02:07 PM | #1
The BioWare creative team has dreamed up some remarkably fun characters and organizations to fill the lore of SWTOR. It provides an important basis for RPers like myself to root their gameplay in.

One of the most interesting organizations created by BioWare for this game has been the IMPERIAL GUARD. Formerly part of the power base of the now deceased Sith Emperor, some form of the Imperial Guard seems to have survived Vitiate's betrayal, and continue to serves the Empress/Emperor of the Sith Empire (confirmed by their appearance in the Imperial Throne Room on Dromund Kaas when the Alliance Commander meets with Empress Acina in KotET Chapter II).

Players got to encounter several very interesting NPCs from this group, but their ultimate fate is unspecified. Personally, I assume that once the Sith Emperor's ill intentions were uncovered by the Dark Council, any accessible Imperial Guard members were susceptible to a purge.

I'm interested to know what the fate of the leaders of the old Imperial Guard is.

Commander Tainor. Last seen during the Battle of Corellia in 12 ATC. Republic player character dialogue with General Aves implies Tainor was the head of the entire Imperial Guard. Tainor revealed he led Imperial Guard forces on Corellia, in the midst of a critical battle for the planet, with the explicit purpose and on the Emperor's orders to confront the player character. Players had the option of taking Tainor into custody (light) or killing him (dark).

General Hesker. Even while Cmdr. Tainor, the apparent head of the Imperial Guard, was dispatched to Corellia to confront a Republic hero, Gen. Hesker led Imperial Guard forces assisting Dark Councilor Darth Decimus in his battle to secure Corellia for the Empire. If players take into consideration the other reasons for the Imperial Guard's presence on Corellia (as revealed specifically in the Jedi Knight class story but also the Jedi Consular and Sith Warrior stories), Hesker's function truly seemed to be to mislead the Sith Empire's leaders as to the real interest of the Emperor in the battle for Corellia. Hesker was last seen during Darth Malgus' attempt to usurp control of the Sith Empire during the Battle of Ilum.

Commandant Iven. Last seen during the Battle of Yavin IV. It's revealed here that even the Dark Council was unaware of the Imperial Guard training site on this moon. Iven was taken into Imperial/Republic custody.

Commander Calum. Like Corellia, the "public" reason for the Imperial Guard's presence on Belsavis conflicted starkly with the true reason for their deployment by the Emperor. During the Sith Empire's invasion of Belsavis, Callum commanded Imperial Guard forces charged with securing the release of the powerful Dread Masters from Republic captivity.

Commander Vorel. Following the successful release of the Dread Masters during the invasion of Belsavis, Vorel was charged with securing Rakatan technology from the planet that could be replicated for Imperial usage. At the end of the Imperial Belsavis bonus arc, Vorel is said to have departed Belsavis with the mission to oversee construction of an Imperial version of the planet's Rakatan tech.

Commander Jastal. Supported Imperial military forces during the Battle of Corellia.

Commander Krade. Supported Imperial military forces during the Battle of Corellia.

Commander Gerault. Quest giver for The False Emperor flashpoint on Ilum.

Commander Nol. Dispatched to the Section X region of Belsavis to confront Dread Host forces during the Dread War.

FlameYOL
09.26.2019 , 09:20 AM | #2
I'd imagine they were killed or went insane. Though an official response would be great.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

MadDutchman
09.26.2019 , 02:51 PM | #3
The Imperial Guard seem to be obsessively loyal to the Emperor. I suspect they all died or went mad, with those we see in KOTET II not actually being the true Imperial Guard, rather Acina's recreation of them
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

BradTheImpaler
09.26.2019 , 06:28 PM | #4
Yeah, it'd be cool to see what, if anything, Heskar's been up to, given his role in taking out Malgus's followers.
While they were fanatically loyal to the Emperor, it's not clear they would've stayed that way after he abandoned the Sith Empire/his Vitiate persona in favour of being Emperor Valkorion of the Eternal Empire.
"The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will, as if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments."
- Supreme Leader Snoke

FlameYOL
09.27.2019 , 06:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Yeah, it'd be cool to see what, if anything, Heskar's been up to, given his role in taking out Malgus's followers.
While they were fanatically loyal to the Emperor, it's not clear they would've stayed that way after he abandoned the Sith Empire/his Vitiate persona in favour of being Emperor Valkorion of the Eternal Empire.
Well they were mentally bound to the Emperor and his will, merely look at Commander Iven, so I don't think they would be able to betray the Emperor. That said if somehow one of them managed to break free of that bond it is possible they could still be alive. Though its highly questionable whether or not they can break free from said bond.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything