Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which species, gender, class, and alignment for each story best represent the lore?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which species, gender, class, and alignment for each story best represent the lore?

Xilizhra
10.10.2019 , 11:55 AM | #11
In my totally biased way, I support female Twi'lek LS SI and don't care about the rest all that much. Kallig's mask, I explain with the idea that his lekku were cut off at some point.

MadDutchman
10.10.2019 , 09:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
In my totally biased way, I support female Twi'lek LS SI and don't care about the rest all that much. Kallig's mask, I explain with the idea that his lekku were cut off at some point.
I prefer hand waiving it away as game client limitations (when you wear the mask, the lekku disappear too)

Or in universe, it can be simply explained that Kallig was human/near-human whose descendants inter-married with Twi'leks such that the current generation has no human specific features left. Lots can happen in 1000 years

Twi'lek were one of the original options for SI and they have at least 2 specific mentions off the top of my head (the Sith Lord you get the mask from scoffs at a Twi'lek coming from an ancient Sith line, and Telos Drellik when he says "I've been identifying alien tracks since I could tell a Twi'lek from a Tukata" he adds "no offense" if you are a twi'lek) so they very clearly were an intended to be a viable option.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Goreshaga
10.11.2019 , 02:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
and Telos Drellik when he says "I've been identifying alien tracks since I could tell a Twi'lek from a Tukata" he adds "no offense" if you are a twi'lek)
I'm pretty sure (it's been a while so not 100% sure, but about 90% sure) i got the exact same dialogue with my Chiss SI, so that line would not be exclusive to Twi'lek and be for any non human, non pureblood SI.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

rashencyberspeed
10.12.2019 , 11:46 AM | #14
For the Republic, just about any Race/Class makes sense due to the Republic's openness towards aliens. (Although Chiss and Sith Purebloods don't make much sense due to their Imperial affiliations. Though a Chiss Smuggler is plausible. Also, Miraluka make more sense as force-wielding classes.)

For the Empire, things get a bit trickier.

The SIth Warrior story makes basically no sense if you play as anything other than a human or Sith Pureblood. You're supposed to be a scion for a prominent Sith family, and Tremel favors you over Vemrin because of your bloodline. If you're an alien, this story is nonsensical.

The Sith Inquisitor, on the other hand, is a former slave, so any race aside from Sith Pureblood or Chiss makes sense. (The disgraced families thing makes a Pureblood inquisitor plausible, but it still is more sensible to be something else. The Chiss make zero sense because I don't see the Ascendancy tolerating the Empire enslaving its members.)

The Bounty Hunter is an independent mercenary. Basically anything aside from, again, Sith Pureblood makes sense.

The Imperial Agent is probably the most open of the Imperial Classes. The Empire might not be fond of aliens, but there have always been exceptions, particularly with the very pragmatic minds leading Imperial Intelligence. Even Sith Pureblood agents aren't out of the question, since there are indeed some that aren't force sensitive.

Darth_Vainous
10.17.2019 , 05:50 PM | #15
Because voices are locked to classes instead of race I find that not all races fit the voice so it ruins the replay value for me because I can't play the race I would actually play in some instances. And since I like different specs of the same class I find I now make one male and one female because I don't want both of my characters to have the same voice, again it ruins the story/replay for me if all my male BH's sound exactly the same.

A lot of the Republic class voices just sound too human to me so can't play anything but Human, Cyborg, Miraluka, or Cathar because of that. Just weird having a male Sith Pureblood, Rattataki, Imperial Zabrak, or Chiss with a human voice imo. For me those four should have accents and that's why I prefer them for Sith Warriors, Inquisitors, and Agents. And that leaves Togruta, Twi'lek, and Mirialan somewhere in between. They can either have human voices or accents to me.

Also, Sith Warrior is more of an elite "I'm better then you" story so anything but a Pureblood makes no sense to me. And Inquisitor is a slave story so you shouldn't have a Pureblood in that but Twi'lek fits nicely. Bounty Hunter I play one of two ways. My male is all about money and killing. My female is about money and trying not to make others stronger as in helping them get ahead but she doesn't kill unless she has to either. And I play Agent two ways also. Male works for the Empire/intelligence first and the Sith second and tried to be sneak/smart. My female works only for the Empire/intelligence, is manipulative and doesn't help the Sith.

Here's how I would do it but don't because of voices not matching and also not liking most species.

Sith Warrior - male - Sith Pureblood - Dark Side

Inquisitor - female - Twi'lek - Dark Side vs Sith and slavers, Light Side for slaves and people in trouble

Bounty Hunter - male - Cyborg - Mostly Dark and whatever gets the fastest creds

Agent - female - Chiss - Manipulates to get what they want but should be needs of the Empire above all else

Jedi Knight - male/female - Miraluka - Light Side

Counselor - female - Togruta - Light Side

Trooper - male - human - Mostly Light and follows orders unless people are in danger

Smuggler - male - just about any race - Whatever gets him ahead though doesn't kill unless he has to

To each their own.

LordDelectus
10.25.2019 , 01:02 PM | #16
When I created each of my class characters, I tried to adhere to lore that made sense to me but create some diversity.

I think with the Imps the logic for the Warrior-Inquisitor-Agent would keep them confined to Sith, Humans and Cyborgs. But then you have Darth Atroxa so it is hard to say how hard-lined the specism was.

On the pub side I think anything goes. I made my JK a Mirraalian and my JC a human. Smuggler a Twilek and trooper a zabrak.

My bounty hunter was a Chiss. I figured he left the Ascendency for a life of adventure. Adrenalin junky.