Guardian Robes w/ No Hood or Hood Down

BenderBending

Have any guardians out there come across any custom (orange) heavy armor robes without a hood or hood in the down position? My guardian is a miraluka with a full-head mask, and it clips through his hood.

Two suggestions I have heard previously, Peacekeeper's Chestguard and the armor available from the vendor on Nar Shaddaa, both have hoods.

(Also please note before responding that "hide headgear" does not apply to robe hoods, as they are considered part of your chest armor).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know but I'm looking for some as well. I asked around in game. I just want the armored robes from the first Jedi Knight video that showed the White haired female Jedi in Tatooine kicking that guy off a skiff into the Sarlaac pit.

I think those are the ones from the very first cinematic. I love those robes and the Guardian from the cinematic was awesome, even though he gets killed.

I'm 33 and haven't found any yet.

Have any guardians out there come across any custom (orange) heavy armor robes without a hood or hood in the down position? My guardian is a miraluka with a full-head mask, and it clips through his hood.

Two suggestions I have heard previously, Peacekeeper's Chestguard and the armor available from the vendor on Nar Shaddaa, both have hoods.

(Also please note before responding that "hide headgear" does not apply to robe hoods, as they are considered part of your chest armor).

I got one as a quest reward from a 2+ Quest on Coruscant; it is hood down (which I wanted due to being a Twi'lek) and Orange. I think I got it off the "Shut down the Medical Droids" one.

Edited by Syas

I got one as a quest reward from a 2+ Quest on Coruscant; it is hood down (which I wanted due to being a Twi'lek) and Orange. I think I got it off the "Shut down the Medical Droids" one.
*facepalm* all Twi'Leks robes are hood down. Been stated here on the forums quite frequent in these sort of threads. Still want the armor that they show at the Character creation, and as orange plz. I mean its in the game. They use it at the progression trailer and I've seen trainers with it.

*facepalm* all Twi'Leks robes are hood down. Been stated here on the forums quite frequent in these sort of threads. Still want the armor that they show at the Character creation, and as orange plz. I mean its in the game. They use it at the progression trailer and I've seen trainers with it.

D'oh!

My bad, had no idea :o

I have a hood down armored cape chestpiece that is plus strength on my guy right now. Unfortunately it is not moddable and I will soon outlevel it.

As soon as anyone finds these:

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/j...ght-guardian-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-1

Please let me know. And if they are not in the game after being hyped by BW for years, than this is truly insane.

It's Hood up sadly. but still looks cool:p

:(

This problem really needs to be addressed. I don't care if they give us a toggle or just add in the hood down gear that they've already shown us all over this website. The toggle would be the best, but I don't care at this point. I just want to have armor where I can see the character as I created him, just like every smuggler, trooper, BH, and IA can.

The sad part is I've seen at least 7 Guardian chestpieces that I would love to wear if only they had the hood down.

It's really a sore point as I think this game is otherwise amazing. It's like a bowl of the best soup I've ever had with just one tiny fly floating in it.

I completely agree, this game is one of the best I have ever played (and I have played alot of MMOs) considering it gets it all right. I am dissapointed by the lack of a cosmetic system, so many MMOs launch without them. And come to realise EVERYONE wants to be able to create an individual or atleast preferrable look for they're character(s). I wonder why Bioware did'nt just jump on the band wagon, it seems an obvious system to have a cosmetic only slot for headgear, gloves, boots, legs, belt. And perhaps a toggle for gloves.

The above is something that many players would love, and come to expect as a means to further personalise a contempory MMO experience.

Sounds like a whinge, its not... Just abit of dissapointment.

Other than that, easily the best game I have played in years!

:)

I don't even mind the hoods, I just wish the miraluka masks didn't stick out the sides. My dude's brown hood looks like it has two red lumps on the sides... looks ridiculous.

If you're going to make a miraluka jedi knight, do yourself a favor and don't choose one of the full-head masks, because the hoods will ruin it.

One thing I am taking from all of this is that the No Hood chestpieces are not in the game, or someone at this point would have chimed in and told where to find them.

This is bizarre and ridiculous, BW. Put the hood down chestpieces that you have already designed (Screenshots of them are all over this website and on countless NPC Jedi in the game) and give them to us Guardians. You can start with the one on the Character Creation screen. Don't forget to make them moddable. Thank you.

Yeah, I can honestly say I've been pretty annoyed with every armor option - even as a Twi'lek (we don't get the hoods). Outside of a couple of blue pieces (that can't be significantly modded), every piece has the awful cloth-sim cloak attached that can't be turned off.

Yeah, I've been looking for a robe without a hood since I started as well.

I've found one that I really liked, but it was blue and I had to get rid of it in the end. Now I'm back to having a hood.

And it annoys me since it makes my hair disappear and makes me look bald under the hood.

Surely the hood should count as the head slot as well when you turn off displaying it.

Ruins the entire point of turning off headgear.

I do hope that I'll be able to see my hair again soon without having to resort to either using obsolete armour or looking like a trooper.

Edited by Dentarlon

I haven't been able to really test this properly because I'm not level 39, but the Hoth commendation vendor has two head piece visors which, when previewed, seem to remove the hood from my armor: Elder Paragon's Headgear and Elder Vindicator's Headgear.

I don't know if this will still be true outside of the item preview, and I'm not sure if the hood will come back with the helm hidden, but it might be worth checking out.

Edited by InfiniteNoodles

I haven't been able to really test this properly because I'm not level 39, but the Hoth commendation vendor has two head piece visors which, when previewed, seem to remove the hood from my armor: Elder Paragon's Headgear and Elder Vindicator's Headgear.

I don't know if this will still be true outside of the item preview, and I'm not sure if the hood will come back with the helm hidden, but it might be worth checking out.

Some of the visor headpeices do hide the hoods, but only if the head slot is visible. Hide your helm in options and your hood comes back.

Stupid thing is that it just proves the hooded gear models are capable of having the hoods removed on the fly :(

Was in a Warzone with a guy who had a no hood Jedi Heavy Armor that was moddable! It is called the Gladiator's Chestguard. No idea where it drops, but it is level 28.

Unfortunately it is not traditional Jedi robes, but a chest strap thing with a cape, but it doesn't have a hood and that will be good enough for me while I wait for BW to deliver these:

EDIT: Just looked at the piece at the Tatooine Commendations vendor. Unless I saw something different, this DOES have a hood. But I saw a Guardian wearing it in a Warzone and the hood was not visible. He had a mohawk and some shades-style headgear but not something that would ordinarily cancel out the hood.

Any idea how this happenned? Thank you.

Edited by JohnRoy

Was in a Warzone with a guy who had a no hood Jedi Heavy Armor that was moddable! It is called the Gladiator's Chestguard. No idea where it drops, but it is level 28.

Unfortunately it is not traditional Jedi robes, but a chest strap thing with a cape, but it doesn't have a hood and that will be good enough for me while I wait for BW to deliver these:

EDIT: Just looked at the piece at the Tatooine Commendations vendor. Unless I saw something different, this DOES have a hood. But I saw a Guardian wearing it in a Warzone and the hood was not visible. He had a mohawk and some shades-style headgear but not something that would ordinarily cancel out the hood.

Any idea how this happenned? Thank you.

I'm also lookin' for this armor. Has anyone seen it? Maybe in beta or something?

Seriously, it is in the Character Progression for the Jedi and I can't find it.

Edit:

I think I found the armorset, but I'm not sure if it is still in the game. Can someone confirm it's existence?

Name: Jedi Battlelord's [add part here]

Edited by ArcasTavaron