Asia Pacific Server Names and Launch Timing

StephenReid

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rename this to Oceanic servers. Asia sure as hell ain't getting better ping compared to USW.

True.

I'm happy for the oceanic players but I wish they'd place servers for Asian countries too. US pings from the PH aren't bad but they're not amazing either.

I jumped in, having quick ping and seeing a LOT of people about makes for a refreshing change! Just that my characters with 100s of hours invested all up won't be experiencing it as I am going to be strong and uninstall swtor plus delete the forums tabs from my various computers so I'm not tempted to pay to change the characters over, morality of it and all.

I may be called silly for it but I promised my wife I won't let my life ever get sucked away again in a MMO. 04 and SWG at home and work is enough to last a lifetime, more so I'm a father of two children now :p Good bye game and welcome back to the game of life, children make for much more fun and better AI challenges :D

We need more servers the pvp one has a queue already!!!!!!!!!!!

^ This is what leads to the problem that the US servers have....servers that cant even break 20 people on the fleet at 9pm at night.

Be glad they opened with only three servers, and be prepared to deal with queues for a few days, its better that way.

Hey BW.

Regarding character name conflicts on the server transfer, what will be happening there?

Can i suggest that the oldest character with that name is the character that is allowed to keep it, and the subsequent char on that server should be renamed. Don't see why someone who pre-ordered the game should be forced to change the characters name when there is some lvl 1 place holder toon sitting there.

Cheers.

Hey BW.

Regarding character name conflicts on the server transfer, what will be happening there?

Can i suggest that the oldest character with that name is the character that is allowed to keep it, and the subsequent char on that server should be renamed. Don't see why someone who pre-ordered the game should be forced to change the characters name when there is some lvl 1 place holder toon sitting there.

Cheers.

It will be first in pretty sure, thankfully i managed to get my main name my alts i don't mind that much.

I jumped in, having quick ping and seeing a LOT of people about makes for a refreshing change! Just that my characters with 100s of hours invested all up won't be experiencing it as I am going to be strong and uninstall swtor plus delete the forums tabs from my various computers so I'm not tempted to pay to change the characters over, morality of it and all.

I may be called silly for it but I promised my wife I won't let my life ever get sucked away again in a MMO. 04 and SWG at home and work is enough to last a lifetime, more so I'm a father of two children now :p Good bye game and welcome back to the game of life, children make for much more fun and better AI challenges :D

thank you for telling us your life story

Servers are up! 20 mins early by my watch. An awesome 50ms from where I live in rural Qld, down from 400ms I'm used to. This is awesome!

Thanks heaps Bioware!!

Yeah, I'm a little unimpressed. If you're going to launch servers for a certain geography - it would be good to make it convenient for those clients. And if you are not going to do that then at least be accurate about your launch window.

The FAQ says 2am NZDT, this post says 12am. I got up at 11:50pm just so I can reserve a few of my names and two of my favourites are already gone because they servers had already been up for 20 minutes.

Guess, I'll have to wait for the new servers - which will hopefully come soon (which isn't a big deal since we've been provided with no details on character transfers).

When it comes to things like server launches, I think BW should ramp up the information flow (and the QA). This whole launch seem all rather last minute and disorganised and I get the sense a lot of people at BW were even caught unaware. Or perhaps we're just low priority - they don't really care about being accurate and informative.

Edited by Flying_Rhino

if you're getting high latency, it could be because of the routing at the moment.

A friend is getting and extra 200ms since for some reason his ISP is routing the traffic via Hong Kong.

So there's room for improvement there, and I'm guessing for the people in Singapore and Hong Kong once the routing issues have been sorted.

What happens if my character name is already taken on my desired destination Asia Pacific server?

If your character name is already taken on the destination server, your character will be transferred, but you will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log in to the server.

Taken from the official FAQ :)

From the newly-updated Asia/Pacific FAQ:

...late April? That's kind of... ridiculous.

That's completely unacceptable. I've got a handful of 15-40 level characters, so i have two options. Wait two months, by which time i'll have leveled even more with the lag and the bad time schedule.

OR, i make all new characters and level all the way up like i did in the last month, which means doing everything all over again, all the same quests i JUST did... uuugh

I was expecting transfers by about the 5th of march, or maybe the 15th or something not TWO months..