C2-N2, 2V-R8, their Target Dummy Customizations and Treek

hof_th

Neither C2-N2 nor 2V-R8 can equip their respective target dummy customization.

On those Characters who had this customization equipped during patch 4.0/4.0a the ship droid shows up with its standard look and an empty customization slot but if you summon Treek instead of her a broken mess of ship droid parts with the Target Dummy look shows up. Once you remove the droids customization from Treeks customization slot she goes back to normal and you are back to neither C2-N2 nor 2V-R8 can equip their respective target dummy customization.

Coincidentally I had this bug only on Bounty Hunters and Troopers.

I'm also getting this problem with being unable to equip customizations on either ship valet droid. It happens with all classes. My one character who has completed the KOTFE content (and talked to both droids on Ondesson) can equip their customizations normally however, so I would presume that is related somehow.

Unfortunately, that's not the character I really want to use 2V-R8's Crimson with :mad:

I should also note that 2V-R8 seems to have been renamed 2V-28 on all my Imperial characters who haven't done KOTFE. When selected, his name still appears correct, but in the companion management screen, or the chat responses when increasing his influence, both show him as 2V-28. Which would of course explain why he can't wear a customization requiring 2V-R8. Haven't looked at C2 yet for similar issues...

I wonder if this was an intentional change as a sloppy way of preventing the Treek bug (because who cares if we can use customizations anyway, right?) or if someone made a typo...

I should also note that 2V-R8 seems to have been renamed 2V-28 on all my Imperial characters who haven't done KOTFE. When selected, his name still appears correct, but in the companion management screen, or the chat responses when increasing his influence, both show him as 2V-28. Which would of course explain why he can't wear a customization requiring 2V-R8. Haven't looked at C2 yet for similar issues...

I wonder if this was an intentional change as a sloppy way of preventing the Treek bug (because who cares if we can use customizations anyway, right?) or if someone made a typo...

Their QA process reminds me of an old commercial of a child not being able to fit a square block into a round hole. He then took a hammer and slammed on it till the square block fit. That's basically what it feels like their bug fixing process is.

I sometimes wonder who manages their change management process. Because holy hell. If you keep breaking things that aren't broken before, someone needs to do a root cause analysis to find out why they suck so bad.

The bit about being unable to equip customizations on the ship droids sounds bad, but other than that, why do people view this as a problem? Treek looks amazing as a broken scarecrow target dummy! =D Especially loving those meter-long claws she gets. :3 Edited by Ailaria

Just wanted to add my name to the list of those w/ this problem. Exactly as described here. Can't equip the butler customization on 2V-R8, and in the Companions and Contacts screen it shows the name as 2V-28.

Combine this w/ the other ways companions are borked, it makes one very annoyed.

• 4 weeks later...
I think this is the right thread. Just wanted to throw out an update. My smuggler still can't use the butler customization. I get a message that I lack the proper class to use the customization? Um...I used it BEFORE the KOTFE update.

I think this is the right thread. Just wanted to throw out an update. My smuggler still can't use the butler customization. I get a message that I lack the proper class to use the customization? Um...I used it BEFORE the KOTFE update.

That happened to me, after they supposedly fixed the bug, when I tried to use the customisation I had bought from the reputation Vendor. After biting the bullet and buying one of the GTN I found out that only the Vendor one still doesn't work.