What annoy's you the most In PvP?

Lilouk

So yeah, what annoy's you guys the most?

On The red eclipse, it seem's a hell of a lot of imperials really have not got a clue in PvP.

I have been playing since jan or feb last year and today i experienced the worse team i can remember. Not everyone was bad, 2 other guys were trying to play hutball properly, but the rest were extremely dumb!

Running the ball into our half,trying to run through flames with no sort of shield, not passing the ball when nearly dead, just standing around with the ball panicking on what to do next, these are to just name a few.

Civil war, i hate guys who say 'I will defend' then ask for even more guys to help or things like calling incoming only once the turrets are capped.

Novare Coast, this one again, the most annoying thing are people who just leave the turret undefended. I wouldn't mind people switching round, i offer to do it most the time. What i don't like is people getting bored or just being stupid enough to wander off leaving an open target.

Voidstar, Leaving the door undefended, following stealth's while you are un-stealthed to attract the attention of the whole enemy team.

I don't mind the spec's that are OP, that i can play fine with, what really annoy's me is people not even trying and just derping around like idiot's.

So what annoy's people the most?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two biggest.

1) not calling incs. This has to be my worst and is the reason why I defend 75% of the matches I play because I simply don't trust the average player to do this. When I am not defending I would say half the time no inc is called and in lowbies I would say 90% of the time they are not called.

2) see above.

probably the utterly terirble new resolve system that lets you get stunlocked until you die, and no, not from operatives, from every other class. So even when you get full resolve, you get another stun less than a second later and it still counts, so you end up getting stunned for 7-12 seconds. And that's not including Bubblestun, which while annoying, isn't as annoying as the new resolve system in general. Revert resolve to pre-1.4 resolve, give bubblestun a hard stun resolve value, pvp largely fixed, at least in terms of stuns.

Not calling incs is definitely annoying, but I've gotten used to it. I usually try to keep an eye on the other node or just stay on the move myself the whole match. In Civil War, for example, if there's 1 enemy and 4 teammates at close to full hp on one node, I'll just leave the fight and head to our other node. Usually I end up interrupting a cap on the other node, as the guy who just died types in, "grass is lost."

Nerf Operatives.

Edited by SomeJagoff

One of the biggest things that really grinds my gears is...

In civil war, right as soon as the WZ starts and everyone gets off the speeders... when 4+ people go left to cap 1 node and there are only 2-3 of us contesting mid.

Ha, yeah, in lowbies it's very frustrating when someone follows me to grass/snow and "helps" me cap.

In 50s, what bothers me most are matches that should have been winnable but someone does something dumb. Like:

Not calling incoming or snoozing while the off node is capped behind their back.

People tunneling enemies at a contested node while their buddies cap it

People being way too slow to rotate on defense

People killing the huttball carrier in our half, which is still swarming with enemies, then trying to run the ball out of the pit, only to get pulled into the fire by a Sin for an easy force-speed score.

I'll bite.

There are too many things to list but my latest gripe is the amazing amount of players who use their various CC skills to ill effect. Filling up an enemies resolve before the fight even starts annoys me to no end but the capper has to be when players playing classes with knockback (especially the single target forcer user one) use it when it isn't needed.

I lost count of the times when an enemy is attacked and is in range of most of your team, has snares and is being lined up with uber-tastic powers (ie me as a slinger) and some fracktard force pushes the enemy half way across the map los'ing the majority of your team, knocking them out of all aoe's and making players run out of healing range to finish off the enemy (because most players are melee and most of those players run after targets they already attacked with blinders on instead of switching targets and fighting strategically) OR allowing the enemy to actually get away. By this I mean it hurts the battle instead of helping the battle.

The worst I've ever seen of this is on Huttball when an enemy is waiting for the last fire trap to go down to attempt to score. One of our players ran up behind them, forced pushed them across the trap safely and within 10m of the goal line. I still think I am waiting on my rage timer to subside after seeing that amazingly inept move.

This is the only time I post in caps in Ops telling off the pure idiots who do this repeatedly. I will call anyone out and ensure the whole team knows what is happening and who is doing it. It is the only way to teach some players who either do not play smart or refuse to ever play smart or understand that it is a team effort and not some selfish solo event. I've even asked some players if they are playing for the other team as they seem to insist on helping them rather than kill them.

P.S. Speaking of huttball I do ponder at all the people who spawn and rush to the edge of the pit to attack from above when enemies are down there and of course get leaped to allowing the enemy to score. This happens over and over and over and over again without the capacity for these players to learn otherwise. It blows one's mind if thinking about it too long.

Edited by Tamanous

I'll also add when i play combat/carnage on my sent/mara i hate vgs/pts who pull my target away or jugs/guardians that push my target away mid ravage/master strike they can go to hell.

Lol, I try my best to avoid doing that after having a carnage marauder of my own. I try to be onservant with my Gunslinger and not be so quick on the KB, or my pull with my Vanguard. That Gore>Ravage>Force Scream is beastly...but i've been known to ruin a few ravages time to time. (come on... a channeled melee ability? wth?)

Edited by Lionflash

Buddy ***********. To whit: Players that are too self-centered to be a part of even a virtual team, and behave moronically by choice.

This doesn't include player goof ups, different ways of doing things, inexperienced in the game, well intentioned but not too bright, and so forth.

Buddy ****er examples:

- "How could I call inc, I WAS STUNNED you $%^$&%^& idiots!"

- "Lulz sorry I'm AFK all match, busy texting with ma GF."

- Ignore objectives and solo all match, to brag about damage score at end.

Edited by Joesixxpack

So yeah, what annoy's you guys the most?

On The red eclipse, it seem's a hell of a lot of imperials really have not got a clue in PvP.

I have been playing since jan or feb last year and today i experienced the worse team i can remember. Not everyone was bad, 2 other guys were trying to play hutball properly, but the rest were extremely dumb!

Running the ball into our half,trying to run through flames with no sort of shield, not passing the ball when nearly dead, just standing around with the ball panicking on what to do next, these are to just name a few.

Civil war, i hate guys who say 'I will defend' then ask for even more guys to help or things like calling incoming only once the turrets are capped.

Novare Coast, this one again, the most annoying thing are people who just leave the turret undefended. I wouldn't mind people switching round, i offer to do it most the time. What i don't like is people getting bored or just being stupid enough to wander off leaving an open target.

Voidstar, Leaving the door undefended, following stealth's while you are un-stealthed to attract the attention of the whole enemy team.

I don't mind the spec's that are OP, that i can play fine with, what really annoy's me is people not even trying and just derping around like idiot's.

So what annoy's people the most?

Bubblestun

Smash Spec as is.

What I like the best about PvP:

Huttball

Ability to now Create viable pvp alts of different classes to play (Way better gear gap now).

I've really enjoyed just playing some of the other spec's and classes. Its keeping me engaged just being able to level alts and being semi competitive in PVP. What I would love is that you could transfer relics, implants, ears to legacy alts. The previous model felt like a never ending ride to get gear and once you hit the end you did not want to do it over. I like playing my alts now with more frequency and more fun factor to trying a different character.

My biggest issue: is losing to a team because they have members who se hacks in the game: for example: Speed Hacks.

I have seen so many different cheats used now it's rediculous and pathetic that people need those in order to win. I have seen someone insta-cap a turret on Civil War (***, how does one do that?!?!) running faster than Force Speed on an Inquisitor/Consular permanently. Seriously?

Bioware needs to figure out a way to start detecting and eliminating players that use hacks instead of pureply relying on people to report the bastards or use Fraps to ge the "evidence" needed!

Otherwise, I second all the other irritations everyone else has posted so far.

The other thing that really annoys me in PvP is people who clearly don't understand the game mechanics and call them hacks instead.

Not to say there aren't any... but there are definitely hardly any. I've put in a ridiculous amount of time into this game and never once seen anything that without a doubt I would call a hack.

I see plenty of bugs though, no resolve and CC not taking effect (Not unstoppable or entrench) and I also see a lot of abilities like interceding to a stealther, carnage predation back to back or stacked with sprint, overload working through force shroud being misunderstood. Etc...

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I'll also add when i play combat/carnage on my sent/mara i hate vgs/pts who pull my target away or jugs/guardians that push my target away mid ravage/master strike they can go to hell.

This is the best complaint ever. Force pushes wave followed by a hey don't pull my target.

You have a 30m leap and someone is assisting you DPS the target and your mad.

So someone pushed the enemies away from the target and then the other guy pulled the target towards the team to kill said target.

ZOMG I have to target switch! You know you could push the nearby healer and immediately leap to the guy that got pulled and play team play instead of worrying about padding your stats on a kill that is now going to happen for your team and place you a step closer to defending/capturing an objective. Just saying.

Happened to me a few times today. Some dumb shadow decided it was better to let our enemies live, by pulling/pushing a total of 10 enemies out of my masterstrikes..

Also republic pugs on TRE seem to have lost their brain as much as the imperials have.

At this point it's literally a 50/50 gamble whether you win or not based on IQ of the pugs.

Ha, yeah, in lowbies it's very frustrating when someone follows me to grass/snow and "helps" me cap.

In 50s, what bothers me most are matches that should have been winnable but someone does something dumb. Like:

Not calling incoming or snoozing while the off node is capped behind their back.

People tunneling enemies at a contested node while their buddies cap it

People being way too slow to rotate on defense

People killing the huttball carrier in our half, which is still swarming with enemies, then trying to run the ball out of the pit, only to get pulled into the fire by a Sin for an easy force-speed score.

Done the snooze on node. Sorry, but sometimes TV wins. You play the stealth guard long enough and it will happen. Its boring. When you're one long enough to bad. Someone rotate. Same for Inc calls. Usually its ready to be called, but If I am napping or think I can own someone I don't always call it. Especially in the blowouts. If that doesn't work for you maybe you should guard. I might be crafting, watching tv. Taking a leak. Whoops. Its a pug match. Who gives a flip.

Tunneling enemies? Is that a thing?

LOL. I like killing the annoying fly. I often will be the stealth fly. Its amazing how it works against a lot of very good teams. Watch the map. Spawn and pop your defensive cool downs. use stealth. People realize your doing it on purpose and still chase you around.

Done it in huttball. My favorite huttball moves are those amazingly well timed kills. I prefer to be doing them as opposed to getting tricked. Hey it happens. I applaud the fire death. If someone without stealth, without a passing lane and is desperate tries to run oh well. It was going well if the other team had a stealther in position to score along with your goalline swarming. I do hate force kb. Blame the developers who f'd with the ability. Its so positional now and stupid that you think its lined up and whoops. It activated wrong.

I've also thrown people across the fire/kb'd them. You can use the corner pylons and sometimes when it looks bad anyways that is a 50/50 throw that gets you the ball. Risk/Reward play.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

Firstly: Players that can't be civil.

Usually it's the guy in civil war or novare coast who defends the west or east node on his own. He is sitting there safely twiddling his thumbs while we fight like lions, and if we fail to capture the node or loose it due to the enemy team simply being better, the inevitable "Idiots, how can you loose it!!" pops up, or the infamous "What are you noobs doing?!" more often still you can read something along the lines of "This team sucks balls." or "What a horrible team." Usually soon after this player will ninja-leave the warzone, commonly right before the enemy decides to try for that node, only to find it undefended.:rolleyes:

I call this type of player "The leech"

Secondly: Players that give up immediately when the odds are not 100% in their favor. You all know the type, Ancient Hypergates, the enemy has a slightly higher score, and then there is this extremely vocal player in your team who if he would fight as much as he typed in chat would be a PvP god. "This sucks." "This is pointless" "They have better healers" "They have better tanks" "They have better dps" "We are going to loose this so badly". Often they will leave the match. Half the time we'd come back and win the match, and typically this player if he hasn't left will then type something in the lines of "Well done all! I knew we could do it!":rolleyes:

I call this type of player "The lamprey"

Thirdly: Sorc/Sage Stunbubbles. Not going into further details as all has been said in the countless other topics.

Edited by LordExozone

Calling inc, then being told you didn't.

During a Civil War in the 1-49 bracket:

Me: w 1

Me: w lost

X: why didn't you call?

Me: I did

X: you said "w 1"

Me: exactly

X: how could we see that?

Me: you did see it apparently

X: I scrolled up retard

Me: which means you didn't see it on time, which is your fault, not mine, "retard"

X: Type in caps so we can see it

:rolleyes: