How much will KOTET cost?

DrewFromPhilly

And the consoles didn't connect to the interwebs either. Yup, what a price to pay now. The pretty pitcures have improved, though.

The pretty pictures are the most important thing in games these days.....unfortunately.

Why can Indi Developers be innovative while the big ones only deliever pretty pictures mostly.

But EA was around back around even in 1982....

You won't believe it but EA was once a company known for quality games.....not cash grabbing.

Next thing you're telling me they didn't have micro transactions either!

They really didn't! :D

However if 70% of the world population would have had internet back then.....they probably would have had them.

EA made games that were finished products before they were released to the public in '82.

True not a single one of my Commodore 64 games needed a patch. :D

Edited by UmbralSpirit

"Want Shae Vizla as your companion? Then subscribe from November until January 17 to KOTET expansion. As an added bonus, those that subscribe from Nov-next June will get the bonus Operation at the end." Edited by Jamtas

[Me talking about pretty pictures in newer games]

The pretty pictures are the most important thing in games these days.....unfortunately.

Why can Indi Developers be innovative while the big ones only deliever pretty pictures mostly.

[Peter_plankskull commenting on EA's age]

You won't believe it but EA was once a company known for quality games.....not cash grabbing.

[Peter_plankskull "not believing" micro transactions didn't happen back in the old days.]

They really didn't! :D

However if 70% of the world population would have had internet back then.....they probably would have had them.

[me saying something about stuff being released without needing patches after releases]

True not a single one of my Commodore 64 games needed a patch. :D

While I've argued with my friends for years "back in my day" (not really, please note my Gamer Card dates back to Pokemon Yellow in '99) that pretty pictures are not the most important part of a good video game, I do bow before the argument that pretty pictures are a significant lure to a mediocre or good video game.

Man, I remember when games were made to have story, not be played once and then tossed away for the next game of the same name. *looks at her stack of Pokemon games dating back to said Pokemon Yellow that she hasn't touched for some time after finishing each one's base game story, even though those are Nintendo*

Indeed! Microtransactions didn't happen like they do now! Back then, if you had to buy an expansion, you were mailed a disc to download the expansion from, or the expansions were so far and few between that players made their own expansions (DAO, KOTOR I and II, for examples) and shared them across the internet. Though code sharing and downloading off the internet was more of a chore and stuff than it is now, since game producers would release toolsets and stuff.

None of my Pokemon games needed a patch until the 3DS ones came out because the 3DS could link to the interwebs and get patches. Made me suspicious when Nintendo was releasing Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire so soon after Pokemon X and Y came out. Or Pokemon X and Y coming out so soon after the last of the DS pokemon games came out....

I remember so many games back in the day that you had to ignore the bugs, since there was no way to get it fixed. Short of cracking the disc and rewriting some of the code, which we did. If the game was playable in any respect though, we didn't care, it was a computer game. So awesome. I mean, pixels, moving, on the screen. I click a key, something happens. I wrote my first game in 1981, it was an adventure set in the AD&D world. Role four characters and take them through a short dungeon. The graphics were horrible, but I was like 13 and didn't have any graphics programs back then :p

I remember so many games back in the day that you had to ignore the bugs, since there was no way to get it fixed. :p

I remember actively looking for glitches in games.... also known as cheat codes :D I remember researching the steps involved to get to the "negative world" in the OG Super Mario. Or that wild mode (as we called it :D ) in sonic the hedgehog 2 (I believe it was) that let you play as a ring or just bounce all over the screen and never die. :D

Ahhhh.... the good ole days of long ago... But on topic, I think the KotET expansion will be delivered the same way as KotFE. It'll be included in your sub. Now excuse me Ikinai has me feeling nostalgic. Lol

*Drops Mic and hooks up the NES to play Contra

Up, up, down, down, B, A, start :p

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

I remember actively looking for glitches in games.... also known as cheat codes :D I remember researching the steps involved to get to the "negative world" in the OG Super Mario. Or that wild mode (as we called it :D ) in sonic the hedgehog 2 (I believe it was) that let you play as a ring or just bounce all over the screen and never die. :D

Ahhhh.... the good ole days of long ago... But on topic, I think the KotET expansion will be delivered the same way as KotFE. It'll be included in your sub. Now excuse me Ikinai has me feeling nostalgic. Lol

*Drops Mic and hooks up the NES to play Contra

Up, up, down, down, B, A, start :p

up up down down left right left right B A

...rookie. :D