Cartel coins

Sathrenus

Well if you don't buy then from this website you could buy Cartel Coin Cards.

Achievement grant very little and are more of a 'bonus' thing not a continuous supply.

If you can't actually buy them in anyway the best thing to do would be to increase your monthly grant of complementary coins, as a subscriber you should already get 500 coins (or more depending on your subscription, see here) you can also use a physical or mobile (free) security key which will add another 100 each month and also using the Friends of SWTOR program will also grant you extra coins.

Edited by NicAX

The only way to get Cartel Coins without buying them is to attach a Security Key to your account. This gives you an instant grant of 100 coins, and a loading screen says that you also get another 100 each month. Since there is an App version of the Security Key, and that app is free, you can get 100 Coins per month for free. You can also get 160 coins by playing each of the 8 classes' (Imp side and Republic side) initial planet. Other than that, the only way to get Cartel Coins is to spend money.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Well..........they have to stay rich.....the only way to do that is to make the game free to play.........and then make you pay to actually have fun in the game. People that are on for hours a day ....should get rewarded for their time. Let us earn them in game. That would make it a lot better.

I am a subscriber. I receive 500 coins a month. I don't get the security 100 or so because I have a WIndows phone, not android or IOS.

If there is something I really want I buy enough coins to flesh out my desires. I just did this for my Trooper. I recently bought a bunch to try the packs, but haven't really decided to use them yet.

Point being, if you like the game and you can by a really good armor set every 3 months. If you want more, pay for it.

To quote Robert Heinlein, TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch).

Edited by Jrpm
autospelling goofed--Sorry Baldwin

Well..........they have to stay rich.....the only way to do that is to make the game free to play.........and then make you pay to actually have fun in the game. People that are on for hours a day ....should get rewarded for their time. Let us earn them in game. That would make it a lot better.

So you say that having access to 8 stories and about 70% of the rest of the game for free is not fun?

Also people that get rewarded for their time are also often called: people who have jobs. What is the point of rewarding people who play for free? It's like letting a stranger into your house, you let him watch your TV play your games feed him and in the end he feels entitled to get some pocket money form you... it doesn't work that way, you play for free, you have fun, for free, and that is more than enough they should give.

You can also get Cartel Coins from Achievments but I recommend just buy the cartel coins because you can be playing this game for five years and with achievments get like 300 cartel coins
The coins rewarded are 20 per achievement, for the ones that give them. I have gotten 33 of them for 660 coins total, since they launched the achievement system. And I don't know that there are many more available. There are a few things you could get with that amount of coins, but not much. Edited by Adric_the_Red

• 6 months later...
Well, I have to say I am disappointed they chose this way :(

You don't really NEED Cartel Coins at all, though you could make a case for F2P CCs making it a whole lot easier. The main currency in the game is credits, and you can literally buy everything on the CM with credits because someone will be selling it. Most of the CC items are utter fluff. They may make you look cool, but they have nothing to do with leveling or playing the game. Of the useful perks on the CM, a subscriber gets access to them automatically. In fact, there are many players who don't use the CCs they are awarded at all.

Edited by MSchuyler

Sathrenus

If you see a link from any of these self-serving ******es just ignore it, if you use their links they benefit a lot more than you do. Some of them, such as LordMatthew push the link it every post they make, ignore it.

I have no vested interest in this except trying to prevent these guys taking advantage of you.

Notice I have no links.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread sure got necro'ed, but I do want to say something to the poster from 2013.

When you say you spend hours on the game and you should get rewarded for your gameplay. You ARE being rewarded, because you are getting free entertainment for those hours (assuming you are F2P). If you are a sub, then you will get 500 a month (really 600 because most people have smart phones these days). That's $72 worth of Cartel Coins in a year, which is pretty good for unlocks that are mostly fluff. The only ones I can see that make a case is unlocking Treek early or unlocking for the whole account, and really that can be done with in game credits (assuming you are legacy 40).

I just find it frustrating that people are wanting all of this for free when the developers that are skilled have to make money to make the game. I know I wouldn't do my job for free, and I wouldn't take any pay cuts either.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Some achievements will give you cartel coins but not that many of them. About 20 and thats only some achievements.

Alternatively if you subscribe you get about 500 a month, or if you set up a security key you can get 100 a month. Also if you subscribe you can use a referral link to get 600 coins if someone who is subscribed clicks on it. There are some forums where you can post your referral link or you can put it in your signature or post. Also you can Offer people credits in game to click on your link. It is perfectly fine to do that and does not break any rules