Efficient ways to make some credits?

richierichietwo

For beginners and medium players, what would you recommend to make credits?

I do gathering with companions, but some of these mats dont seem to have a market, not to mention that sell prices tend to be low. No market or little market. The mats seem to be stuck on GTN. Maybe some mats are better/faster moving goods and if so what are they?

Perhaps please share some ways to make some decent credits?

Best ways to make credits are selling extra equipment gotten from enemy drops, running heroic 2+ (Starter Planets are weekly, Capital worlds are pretty easy - I can provide a list of those that don't take that long if it helps), right now the Bounty Contract Week is running and events can be a good source of credits.

Sending companions on gathering missions is actually more of a credit sink than a profit source at lower levels and grades, the value of the materials you get - if you try to sell them - don't always outweigh the price of the mission itself.

Do conquest on as many toons as possible too. And if you've spare CC's, but some cartel items, and sell them on the gtn. If you've only the 500 grant, look for cheap deco's that go for a decent price. It can vary from server to server, but the cantina stuff can do well sometimes. Just make sure to check the gtn first to see how the prices are.

Also, if you buy multiple of the same item, don't list them all together, list 2 at a time, and see how they go.

Edited by DarkTergon

Do Conquests really provide that many credits? The 3 deco items I got were like 10k each on GTN. And 400k you get is nothing these days... Or am I missing something?

that's per char, do it on multiple chars, it will ad up. You won't make millions from it quickly, but it can build up, and you can also use it as 'seed' capital for buying cheap items on the GTN to flip. I recommend decos.

Run heroics every day on all your toons(many) if you have just a couple toons, you are losing out yes on guild conquest perks based on what type of guild you have joined and then all the money that drops running heroics. One thing to note, money is based on level and only LEVEL! If you are level 30 then quite frankly you need to quit worrying about money and get your first toon to 75 so you can actually see what the money looks like in this game. If you are in a guild, you can also sell certain types of mats that can be sold for a nice profit. So get out there and get working

I would recommend having at least one or two characters leveled up to 60 or more if you're wanting to make money.

Maybe specialize in crafting dyes and other things that sell easily on the GTN (you'll have to decide on your own which route you want to go).

And then grind dailies with them and work on your conquest goals, since they pay more at higher levels.

Don't try to use low level toons to make money.

If you want to make money, switch to those high level toons once a day and do some dailies or crafting or whatnot.

Just playing the game should bring in a steady trickle of credits.

As well as all the suggestions above, also watch your spending - Repairs and travel are unavodable, but it's easy to splash a lot on some cosmetic thing.

Also check your inventory and ships cargo holds. - It's surprising the amount of junk that can accumulate, a lot of which you can vendor for credits.

If you have any purple/blue/green jawa scrap, you can turn it into crafting mats to sel, or companion gifts for droids and critter companions.

Also look around at what is quick and easy credits. Maxing a character to top level also opens up a wealth of dailies, of which some are quick and easy and give good payout for minimum effort.

Adventuring in a group makes content go quicker. - Shout out for people doing heroics or FPs on fleet or low-level planets.

GL

Just playing the game should bring in a steady trickle of credits.

As well as all the suggestions above, also watch your spending - Repairs and travel are unavodable, but it's easy to splash a lot on some cosmetic thing.

Travel costs are semi-avoidable. Using the heroic-transport buttons to go to heroics is free, and using the Activity panel (normally Ctrl+G) to get *to* the planet's heroics terminal is also free.

Travel costs are semi-avoidable. Using the heroic-transport buttons to go to heroics is free, and using the Activity panel (normally Ctrl+G) to get *to* the planet's heroics terminal is also free.

And let's not forget the Stronghold shortcut - once you buy a stronghold, even if it's just the first area, you can always travel to it through the Stronghold window (Default key U) and from there exit to whatever planet it's on (Alderaan, Nar Shaddaa, Yavin, Tatooine, Rishi, etc.) without it costing anything. Admittedly it's not perfect since you still have to travel to a planet in your ship at times as part of missions, but for just hopping around the galaxy or taking part in events (Feast of Prosperity, Nar Shaddaa Nightlife, Rakghouls on Alderaan or Tatooine, etc.) it comes in quite handy.

Edited by turbomagnus

While you are correct, I got the impression that the OP was still levelling a character. -possibly their first. Some of the time when it says report to Nar Shaddaa or wherever, it needs you to board your ship to trigger a cutscene, dialogue choice or companion interaction. - So while it can often be bypassed by using heroic transport, it may not advance the story arc, by taking the shortcut. I do recall trying to speed-run a few characters up the levels and fell foul of this quirk several times, making it imperative that I backtrack.

While you are correct, I got the impression that the OP was still levelling a character. -possibly their first. Some of the time when it says report to Nar Shaddaa or wherever, it needs you to board your ship to trigger a cutscene, dialogue choice or companion interaction. - So while it can often be bypassed by using heroic transport, it may not advance the story arc, by taking the shortcut. I do recall trying to speed-run a few characters up the levels and fell foul of this quirk several times, making it imperative that I backtrack.

That's a fair point, although I'd go a little further and say that using the various fast-travel-to-planet options, including launching the Galaxy Map when you're not in your ship, *guarantees* to not advance any "Travel to Planet X" missions, including the ones that say "Use your ship to travel to Planet X".

What you need to realize is that you get credits from 2 sources, one is the credits generated by the game, the other is other players.

As the people said its best to simply play the parts of the game that give you credits and are fast and efficient. If you google you can find the fastest heroics on both empire and republic. Its idea to use a stealth character for most. Apart from heroics there are pretty easy and fast daily areas like CZ198, Black Hole etc.

Besides that there is conquest which grants you mats from winning so just make sure you join a big guild and sell the stuff you get from conquest. Thats pretty much it for good credit making, besides that you simply need to get money from other players buy using GTN.

What I normally do (this is for subs, but f2p players can do it too if they have the security key so they can get 100cc every month) is I buy Ultimate Cartel Packs and sell them on the GTN for credits altough you have to wait for them to unbound for like 4 days

36 hours for subscribers, 72 hours (*three* days) for non-subscribers.

without doing the gtn thing,,,doing fp`s non stop is your best bet with the rxp boosts from the fleet,,and if your like me and have all the gear you want and dont need the 10k frags,,buy armor sets from the vendor,,they sell for around 10-12-21k a pop depending what you get,,and the crates from pvp`ing gives lots of gear you can sell,,yes its crap that normal item drops have gone down in prices,,but with all the stuff we get from Fp`s and Op`s and depending how many charactors you have you can be in the 10-20mil a week like me from just playing the game

without doing the gtn thing,,,doing fp`s non stop is your best bet with the rxp boosts from the fleet,,and if your like me and have all the gear you want and dont need the 10k frags,,buy armor sets from the vendor,,they sell for around 10-12-21k a pop depending what you get,,and the crates from pvp`ing gives lots of gear you can sell,,yes its crap that normal item drops have gone down in prices,,but with all the stuff we get from Fp`s and Op`s and depending how many charactors you have you can be in the 10-20mil a week like me from just playing the game

The dailies are much better than FP's, as for the tech frags, buy the embers, you get much more for them on the gtn, then you do selling the stuff to vendors. Don't sell the gear, keep converting it in to tech frags, and keep buying the embers (if you don't need gear, or achievements, etc)