Mercenary Builds

NessusFett

Hello Bounty Hunters!

Just wanted a thread to discuss the various builds you can do on your mercenary.

please feel free to post yours and comment on others.

if you post a build be prepared for negative comments and criticism

if you are commenting on a build be constructive, post what you like and dislike (explain why), and be respectful about it

In my opinion this is the best arsenal build and it's what i use

5/34/2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMIkrRrdRzfzZM.1

i know most conventional are 5/31/5 or 10/31/0 or 0/31/10

but i feel like the second tier of pyrotech is too focused on gas cylinder which does nothing my high veoocity based merc.

likewise the body guard second tier is mostly healing based (which doesnt help my DPS)

its viable in pvp but obviously focused on damage output.

as all arsenal mercs, its tracer missile centered and fairly stationary.

I will be 5/31/5 as it suits me pretty good so far, I hear you can respec for a price but thus far it has applied very well to my play style....Thanks to Mako lol..

SO Companions kinda go to the way side when ur 50 or what? I mean as far as PVP goes, not much room for them if your grouped up...obviously still viable in free roam pvp.

ok, fixed it for you

or you could actually post something like.... idk

what you use / think would work

if i post my opinion on the best why would i post others that i feel inferior? ,

almost like if you have nothing to add or say... why would you post

I think his point was that you posted "let's talk about builds." and then asked him to only talk about yours :p

But I'm a healer, so I'm going to stop being annoying in your thread.

-Kolto

No i have no problem talking about anyone else's build. This one is mine. so dont ask me to make a random one up to talk about that one.

if you have another one you wanna talk about post it!

Hell post your healing one. It would be interesting to see.

Im betting it would be a 34/7/0?

maybe like....

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRMRzfdkqZrc.1

Edited by NessusFett

Ok build for pvp. I think the whole alacrity debate is ongoing at this point though. I think it is more important than others. Yes heat will be an issue but if your going for a pvp build,,,id want fast burst damage,,hence alacrity.

personally I dont see many alacrity in the perks.

perhaps a few on the heals and one on the pyro.

I can see how that would be better than like... 2% tech bonus.

and heat is rarely an issue in pvp like it is in pve

I hardly even find the need to use vent heat but maybe 3-5 times a round with the cast times as long as they are.

but wouldn't the majority of your alacrity come from the armor/mods oyu have?

and wouldn't it be just as useful to stack crits and surge for burst damage?

which is what that kit is for + the armor i use with it.

Edited by NessusFett

if youre talking about the purer builds its really pretty simple.

i was looking for more on conversation about this one or suggestions to yours

your build uses less points in the secondary tree's than either of the three you reference below it, i think you need to google the definition of pure.

your build uses less points in the secondary tree's than either of the three you reference below it, i think you need to google the definition of pure.

mmk. well perhaps the word is conventional....

but clearlypeople are more concerned with trolling and linguistics than anything to do with the game.

so i digress.

perhaps my alt will have a mature enough player base to conduct these inquisitions.

Arsenal is amazing in PVP, you want to use your burst combos with High Velocity Gas.

Always look for places where you can step in and out of LOS in case you get targetted or where you can knock people off a ledge or far away from you if they decent to come kill you.

Knock people down to half health while stacking Tracer to 5 (3 shots), Explosive Dart, Heatseeker, then Rail Shot. The Dart, Heatseaker, and Rail Shot will all hit at about the same time doing tremendous burst damage and if someone hasn't gotten an absorb or a heal and your gear is decent, they are likely dead.

If your heatseaker combo is down, proc a Barrage and then use Unload until you can do a burst combo to finish them off.

Also look for opportunities to AoE, a good Dart + Fusion Missile + Death

> From Above combo does wonders in Voidstar and Civil War. Try to use your

Thermal Sensor Override for one of the more expensive attacks like Death or Fusion Missile.

Keep Power Shot on your bars in case someone is actually decent enough to lockout your Tracer Missiles.

Save your Power Surge for an emergency heal and don't forget to use your Energy Shield and Kolto Overload if you are getting focused.

If someone is stupid enough to solo defend an objective, pop a Electro Dart on them, they will either break it with Determination or they will sit through it. Follow it up with a Concussion Missile and take your objective while they're CCed.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMIkbRrdRkfzZc.1

Arsenal is amazing in PVP, you want to use your burst combos with High Velocity Gas.

Always look for places where you can step in and out of LOS in case you get targetted or where you can knock people off a ledge or far away from you if they decent to come kill you.

Knock people down to half health while stacking Tracer to 5 (3 shots), Explosive Dart, Heatseeker, then Rail Shot. The Dart, Heatseaker, and Rail Shot will all hit at about the same time doing tremendous burst damage and if someone hasn't gotten an absorb or a heal and your gear is decent, they are likely dead.

If your heatseaker combo is down, proc a Barrage and then use Unload until you can do a burst combo to finish them off.

Also look for opportunities to AoE, a good Dart + Fusion Missile + Death

> From Above combo does wonders in Voidstar and Civil War. Try to use your

Thermal Sensor Override for one of the more expensive attacks like Death or Fusion Missile.

Keep Power Shot on your bars in case someone is actually decent enough to lockout your Tracer Missiles.

Save your Power Surge for an emergency heal and don't forget to use your Energy Shield and Kolto Overload if you are getting focused.

If someone is stupid enough to solo defend an objective, pop a Electro Dart on them, they will either break it with Determination or they will sit through it. Follow it up with a Concussion Missile and take your objective while they're CCed.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMIkbRrdRkfzZc.1

amen. your build is same basic one as mine... just kolto vent and custom enviro suit

personally i think custom suit tends to be more useful since its always active but the kolto would come in handy for saving your *** in a close battle.

either way i agree pretty much all your suggestions are valid and pretty closse to what i try to do.

except i like my enemies dead before i try to cap a point :D

Just re-specced for heals on my BH, so I'm trying to figure out a good skill tree build.

Not quite 50 yet, but was playing around with the skill calculator at torhead and came up with the following set up.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRMRzcdkqZrMoZk.1

Any thoughts, is it viable?

Was thinking the extra 3% tech crit from Upgraded Arsenal might be beneficial.

Also how important is it for cure to also remedy mental effects...? Again, new to heals here so any advice will be helpful. I thought about trashing it for an extra 2% bonus to alacrity but...

Still wondering about the effectiveness of alacrity... how much time does it really shave off cast times, ie enough to be beneficial and something to max out? Or would it be better to stack crit so when my heals go off they're bigger...

Edited by Barleron
typo ;)

That build is pretty similar to mine, though I do have a question. Why improved vents? I rarely use vent heat. It seems like you'd get more benefit from heat damping and muzzle fluting than you would from improved vents. I never have problems overheating when healing, its only when I'm trying to dps and heal that I get myself into trouble. Supercharged gas, emergency scan, and critical efficiency are sufficient heat reducers for healing.

Just re-specced for heals on my BH, so I'm trying to figure out a good skill tree build.

Not quite 50 yet, but was playing around with the skill calculator at torhead and came up with the following set up.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRMRzcdkqZrMoZk.1

Any thoughts, is it viable?

Was thinking the extra 3% tech crit from Upgraded Arsenal might be beneficial.

Also how important is it for cure to also remedy mental effects...? Again, new to heals here so any advice will be helpful. I thought about trashing it for an extra 2% bonus to alacrity but...

Still wondering about the effectiveness of alacrity... how much time does it really shave off cast times, ie enough to be beneficial and something to max out? Or would it be better to stack crit so when my heals go off they're bigger...

personally i would think you would wanna take that point out of alacrity. and ut it back in iron sites for the aim.

Seeing as aim is the main skill for all bounty hunters, and its even a bigger percentage than the alacrity gain.

Most of the gear that drops with "medic" titles stacks power and alacrity as the "healer stats"

but most healers i've heard from say that crit and accuracy work just as well.

if not better.

because alacrity has such a tiny difference that the extra .2 seconds would mean like an extra 1000 hp on a critical.

this build in general is a prettygood "pure" healer build as you don't even bother with any of the heat reduction for offensive moves like tracer and such.

this is good if you plan to be the healer ALL the time, but would probably make it difficult to solo.

Personally i think vent heat is good to have around regardless. With it specc'd you drop the entire bar almost.

which is perfect for thos instances when you are behind and have to blast to catch up.

but you shouldn't really get in those situations.

but it could save from a wipe

For PVE matches I've settled on an arsenal build as the best bet.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300Mc0MZrIkroMdokfzZc.1

This build has proven itself to be quite great, The alacrity from Critical reaction is enough to speed up you channeled spells and with level 50 gear its pretty much always up.

Integrated Systems and Custom Enviro suit make keeping you alive so much easier for your healers. The remaining talents in Arsenal that have 0 points in them are all pvp focused which without dual talents you have to sacrifice that pvp utility to make your PVE more efficient.

Advanced Targeting is just a good thing to have less accuracy on your gear leads to more the damage increasing stats.

Other than the build the rotations are quite easy. Use the Tracer missile with an immediate rapid shots to keep you heat from getting to high. (If you aren't leveling you need to make sure that you don't use rapid shots when your vent heat is off cooldown) Try to get all 5 stacks of Heat Signature up before bringing in Rail Shot, Heatseeker Missile, and Unload and make sure you unload whenever barrage is in effect, all these spells are lower heat cost than tracer missile and will bring your damage much higher.

personally i would think you would wanna take that point out of alacrity. and ut it back in iron sites for the aim.

Seeing as aim is the main skill for all bounty hunters, and its even a bigger percentage than the alacrity gain.

Most of the gear that drops with "medic" titles stacks power and alacrity as the "healer stats"

but most healers i've heard from say that crit and accuracy work just as well.

if not better.

because alacrity has such a tiny difference that the extra .2 seconds would mean like an extra 1000 hp on a critical.

this build in general is a prettygood "pure" healer build as you don't even bother with any of the heat reduction for offensive moves like tracer and such.

this is good if you plan to be the healer ALL the time, but would probably make it difficult to solo.

Personally i think vent heat is good to have around regardless. With it specc'd you drop the entire bar almost.

which is perfect for thos instances when you are behind and have to blast to catch up.

but you shouldn't really get in those situations.

but it could save from a wipe

healers want alacrity, dont listen to this guy

For PVE matches I've settled on an arsenal build as the best bet.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300Mc0MZrIkroMdokfzZc.1

This build has proven itself to be quite great, The alacrity from Critical reaction is enough to speed up you channeled spells and with level 50 gear its pretty much always up.

Integrated Systems and Custom Enviro suit make keeping you alive so much easier for your healers. The remaining talents in Arsenal that have 0 points in them are all pvp focused which without dual talents you have to sacrifice that pvp utility to make your PVE more efficient.

Advanced Targeting is just a good thing to have less accuracy on your gear leads to more the damage increasing stats.

Other than the build the rotations are quite easy. Use the Tracer missile with an immediate rapid shots to keep you heat from getting to high. (If you aren't leveling you need to make sure that you don't use rapid shots when your vent heat is off cooldown) Try to get all 5 stacks of Heat Signature up before bringing in Rail Shot, Heatseeker Missile, and Unload and make sure you unload whenever barrage is in effect, all these spells are lower heat cost than tracer missile and will bring your damage much higher.

definitely a PVE based build. Certainly going for max output and lower utility.

not bad. Personally I'm not a huge raider myself but you did save yourself quite a few points by dropping the jetescape/pinningfire/afterburners.

From a PVE perspective i could see it being worth the alacrity bonus. but personally I play just as much pvp as pve so losing the cooldowns and extra bonuses from the ones i mentioned really wouldn't be worth it to me.

As far as rotation goes.

Personally mine tends to look like this

Continuous damage.

Tracer x2 > Heatseeker > rapid > tracer > electro > railshot > unload > rapid > REPEAT

I feel like the damage boost from the stacks on rail only amount to maybe 300 difference between 2 and 5 stacks. so its not worth the extra time to get those in. unless its a BOSS

Obviously you wanna get the debuff up to 4 asap. the x2 on tracer is much easier to deal with the heat than a x3 so i just rapid a little heat and then finish that debuff.

then the second half is pretty bursty so be careful on boss mobs because with a crappy tank you can pull aggro with rail electro and unload going off within 2 seconds.

personally i find its more useful for pvp too where most enemines dont last long enough to get the stacks worthwhile.

The second half also allows for some mobility when chasing opponents in pvp that are trying to flee!

as you can run with electro and rail shot. then unload slows them. and you can always add hsm to that half if you are trying to burst a fleeing opponent.

Edited by Noviru
editing out fighting

Good Evening Everyone!

This is a heads up that we recently had to remove several posts from this thread. A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:

• Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

• 1 month later...