Artifice - more craftable lightsabres please

Ruan

Alright, in regards to the developer post about item modding which I have to link on Darth hater because of the forum wipe, artificers need to be able to craft lightsabres as well.

The lightsabre is the most important and personal item in a force user's gear. When I find a hilt I really like there is always that nagging feeling in the back of my mind because it will never be as good as the ones I get as drops.

In light of this, please add lightsabre recipes for all lightsabre models the same way you have committed to doing for armour, so that I can craft and crit these items and make versions with augment slots.

Or let me add augment slots to existing ligthsabres, either way.

Edited by Ruan

In light of this, please add lightsabre recipes for all lightsabre models the same way you have committed to doing for armour, so that I can craft and crit these items and make versions with augment slots.

You're misinformed. There are moddable versions of all weapons and armor. They're not all acquirable via crafting.

Alright, in regards to the developer post about item modding which I have to link on Darth hater because of the forum wipe, artificers need to be able to craft lightsabres as well.

The lightsabre is the most important and personal item in a force user's gear. When I find a hilt I really like there is always that nagging feeling in the back of my mind because it will never be as good as the ones I get as drops.

Or let me add augment slots to existing ligthsabres, either way.

When I looked at all the artifice craft trainer rec's there were a good number of Sabers, but they are not till 400 skill

While I'm all for more lightsaber hilts (really wanting a couple of nice looking ones for my Marauder), I am more worried about the lack of Willpower shield generators from Artifice. We can make Aim and Str ones, also Aim, Str, and Willpower foci. However, I have not seen a single Willpower shield gen that we can craft. Would have been nice since my tanking Sin has artifice.

While I'm all for more lightsaber hilts (really wanting a couple of nice looking ones for my Marauder), I am more worried about the lack of Willpower shield generators from Artifice. We can make Aim and Str ones, also Aim, Str, and Willpower foci. However, I have not seen a single Willpower shield gen that we can craft. Would have been nice since my tanking Sin has artifice.

Really, I have many in my invetory from crafting. Sure they are only greens and blues, but Im sure some purples will show up one day.

You're misinformed. There are moddable versions of all weapons and armor. They're not all acquirable via crafting.

Then what is the point of crafting then, if you can't make those lightsaber styles? I think this got majorly overlooked. Especially for Sith Inquisitors who start off with a sex toy for their first lightsaber. A hand-me-down at that.

Really, I have many in my invetory from crafting. Sure they are only greens and blues, but Im sure some purples will show up one day.

Are you sure they are the Willpower shield generators? I'll look again when I can log in, it is very possible that I over looked them. Mixed feelings on hoping I did.. went to the trainer, set to where I can see all items about 3-4 times, and didn't see a single Willpower shield.

Oh, and RE the greens to get the blue schematics, and the blues to get purple schematics.

Don't you have a thread for that already, instead of trying to thread jack this one.

But I think willpower is a DPS stat, not a tanking stat.

Then what is the point of crafting then, if you can't make those lightsaber styles? I think this got majorly overlooked. Especially for Sith Inquisitors who start off with a sex toy for their first lightsaber. A hand-me-down at that.

O.o;; Wot, My sith started with no such thing

so far artifice has proven completely useless. can not craft anything even remotely useful for myself or anyone else.

crafting as a whole leave a LOT to be desired in this game but artifice is by far the weakest link.

As an Artificer Jedi Shadow i have to second this. Taking a crew skill then having to rely on random drops or the market for things it can make is quite silly.

so far artifice has proven completely useless. can not craft anything even remotely useful for myself or anyone else.

crafting as a whole leave a LOT to be desired in this game but artifice is by far the weakest link.

nonsense!! my artifice is 310 and i craft lots of great stuff for myself, hilts, mods, enchantments, shield generators, color crystals, and now mods and enchantments come with 3-4 stats! So u either very low on your artifice or u have no clue what ur talking about!

And it already made me about 30k I know its not much, but wait till i start making those lightsabers, insert mods in them that i'll make myself and i believe good profit will come to my pockets!

Edited by Kullka

Don't you have a thread for that already, instead of trying to thread jack this one.

But I think willpower is a DPS stat, not a tanking stat.

No, I don't. If someone else made one, wish I had seen it before posting in this one. I did try to make a thread after this one on the subject, thinking that would be best, however the forums wouldn't let me give it a title (will laugh if the thread was made and I find it after the search is back up).

Willpower is not a DPS stat alone, it is the main stat for Sith Inqs. A Sith Assassin is the Advanced Class of the Sith Inq, meaning it uses Willpower. They have a tree devoted to tanking, therefore, Willpower is a tanking stat and is needed on shield generators.

Ok, enough of my derailing this thread, Sorry guys.

Edit:

Think I found the thread you were talking about.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=57179

Be a good place for those of us derailing this with a want for the shield gens to go. Again, sorry for derailing (even if only a little) the thread.

Edited by Fhaze

• 4 weeks later...

ok now we're getting somewhere.. SO, is there a specific lvl of crafting tha tyou have to reach before you can start crafting stuff for yourself? cuase im also stuck like the other guy , all of my slots are just random crystals and i have like 40 of them. I have artifice, arch, and treausre hunting. wth do i do? so lost with crafting, havent crafted anything yet, and if i can at my currently level, then how?

my lvls are

artifice - 28

arch - 196

treasure - 52

nonsense!! my artifice is 310 and i craft lots of great stuff for myself, hilts, mods, enchantments, shield generators, color crystals, and now mods and enchantments come with 3-4 stats! So u either very low on your artifice or u have no clue what ur talking about!

And it already made me about 30k I know its not much, but wait till i start making those lightsabers, insert mods in them that i'll make myself and i believe good profit will come to my pockets!