Suggestion for Presence

Tybrogargan

Since tanks don't need any help with their solo ability, and Presence is useless in any situations where you don't have your companion out, all this would do is potentially reduce the number of gear sets a tank has to carry around. Which isn't really worth blowing talent points on.

Interesting idea.

I'd like to see ALL stats come into play. For example, as a PT I don't care about strength, so why is it even listed on my character sheet? Either take it off, or make it do something.

I think MMOs could learn from what Skyrim did with stats...

Interesting idea.

I'd like to see ALL stats come into play. For example, as a PT I don't care about strength, so why is it even listed on my character sheet? Either take it off, or make it do something.

I think MMOs could learn from what Skyrim did with stats...

Taking an Arrow to the Knee?

Since tanks don't need any help with their solo ability, and Presence is useless in any situations where you don't have your companion out, all this would do is potentially reduce the number of gear sets a tank has to carry around. Which isn't really worth blowing talent points on.

Then just give tanks a boost to threat based on presence with no talent required.

It should have been taken out of the crafting progression ladder and given to NPC vendors.

There is very little more frustrating than thinking you've learned a schematic only to discover it has +presence, which you will likely never make or sell, or to get a purple +28 augment that might otherwise be worth 100k or more only to discover that it's an absolutely worthless +presence augment.

Rar. Rage rage.

It's like a rather vicious joke BioWare decided to play on anyone who wants to craft.

As I see it, Presence is a stat that holds very little importance right now in this very new game. As they release new expansions I expect Bioware to increase the amount of Presence on low level items. Thus making your crew companions much stronger, and allowing you to level much faster, with out decreasing the amount experience that is needed to gain a level.

The only draw back to what I present is that companions will become "nukes" (Unless properly balanced) and you as a player will not learn how to cope well with pressure heavy situations that come from leveling, and teach you to use your class to an advanced level.

As it stands, presence is pretty rubbish. I was really excited when I first heard about it and that it was intended to be the stat a healer would go for to increase his companion abilities AND his own healing, and that would be a different stat from what the same class with a DPS spec should value.

It was such a sad day when someone told me that it was only going to be about companion effectiveness. given that presence doesn't seem to enhance a companion any more than the main stat enhances a player, it's pretty obvious that it is better to enhance your own abilities rather than those of your companion who is aprox 60% as effective as you.

When they ditched it as a healing stat, they should have taken it out of the game altogether.

It would be nice if it did something worthwhile, but I can't think of a single thing that would actually tempt me to use it that wouldn't also make me overpowered (as a sage healer).

As it stands, presence is pretty rubbish. I was really excited when I first heard about it and that it was intended to be the stat a healer would go for to increase his companion abilities AND his own healing, and that would be a different stat from what the same class with a DPS spec should value.

It was such a sad day when someone told me that it was only going to be about companion effectiveness. given that presence doesn't seem to enhance a companion any more than the main stat enhances a player, it's pretty obvious that it is better to enhance your own abilities rather than those of your companion who is aprox 60% as effective as you.

When they ditched it as a healing stat, they should have taken it out of the game altogether.

It would be nice if it did something worthwhile, but I can't think of a single thing that would actually tempt me to use it that wouldn't also make me overpowered (as a sage healer).

presence makes soloing the 4+ heroic dailies much easier. its also one of the better stats for leveling since it not only increases companion abilities, but companion health also. is it a great stat, no. it maybe could use some tweaks but as it currently is its working as intended, and with a full set i knock out all of the belsavis/illum dailies solo in about 75 min.