4 attacks in Precision/Gore

K_osss

I don't have the equation for the alacrity curve but simplistically with 50% alacrity one would be able to put 4 attacks inside the new 3 second gore/precision window.

50%x1.5 second GCD = 0.75 sec GCD x 4 = 3 secs

With 33% alacrity coming from Zen/Berserk and Ataru form that leaves 17% to come from other sources. I know there is the 10% raid buff source but I'm curious if the diminishing returns on the alacrity stat curve would allow for 17% to come from gear. Looking at askmrrobot for a sanity check I came up with 14.65% alacrity from gear. But that's at 55 rather than 60. Then again with the new tier of augments, which askmrrobot doesn't have, one could budget another 280 alacrity rating.

I'm curious how this would affect our dps, obviously very short term (~ 5 sec) it would be an increase to burst. a 50% Reduction of cooldowns would also shave quite a few seconds off of our cooldowns making it interesting in that respect as well.

Anybody looked at this? I'm just kind of brainstorming at this point.

How much does the PvE adrenal give?

Found the old alacrity curve for 55. Assuming the equation didn't change except for going to level 60 it would require an Alacrity Rating of 1851 to reach 17% alacrity from gear alone. Advanced Alacrity Augment 36 give 52 right? So that's 728 if you get all 14. Leaving 1123 required on actual gear pieces.

How much does the PvE adrenal give?

Found the old alacrity curve for 55. Assuming the equation didn't change except for going to level 60 it would require an Alacrity Rating of 1851 to reach 17% alacrity from gear alone. Advanced Alacrity Augment 36 give 52 right? So that's 728 if you get all 14. Leaving 1123 required on actual gear pieces.

Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 36 gives 102 apiece, so with 7, that's 714. Then if you craft Vehemence Ear and Implants, you could get another 306. 1020. I should be learning the purple adrenal soon, and I'll come back with the number, but I *think* it's going to be around 800.

Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 36 gives 102 apiece, so with 7, that's 714. Then if you craft Vehemence Ear and Implants, you could get another 306. 1020. I should be learning the purple adrenal soon, and I'll come back with the number, but I *think* it's going to be around 800.

That's getting really close then. From what I hear surge is more important for most classes but since precision/gore is a pretty unique mechanic I wondered if fitting another attack in it would be what tips the scale in Alacrity's favor for Combat/Carnage. Looks like outside of the adrenal in 186 gear you can't quite make it. I wonder if you can in the 198 gear? Need 100 alacrity more essentially.

Reguardless of DPS a 0.75 second GCD would be fun to play :). Has anyone checked how Zen/Berserk affect CD's on things such as TST and MS/Ravage? If you popped zen and then used MS/Ravage would it's CD be 18 seconds*(1-Alacrity) = 12 seconds? Sorry at work atm.

I don't think you would need to get to 50% alacrity for this to be true as the damage for abilities can be dealt at the start of the GCD. In others, you just need to get enough alacrity to allow you to use 4 attacks consistently. I have no idea what the right abilities may be, but it has to be better than relying on long CD buffs like Super Charged Celerity and your Adrenal.

Yeah that adrenal maybe the best for carnage/combat. Between it and a moderate amount of alacrity from gear you'd be able to fit in 4 attacks in the zen/berserk gore windows.

There are relics that boost alacrity too if i'm not mistaken. That would be another option that could be looked at.

I don't think you would need to get to 50% alacrity for this to be true as the damage for abilities can be dealt at the start of the GCD. In others, you just need to get enough alacrity to allow you to use 4 attacks consistently. I have no idea what the right abilities may be, but it has to be better than relying on long CD buffs like Super Charged Celerity and your Adrenal.

Yeah i'd wondered about actually activating Clashing Blast a tiny bit before precision to see if i could make it work that way. Or if the old clipping tricks work in 3.0.

Do you think that the gore/precision window mechanic will make Alacrity more beneficial for combat/carnage than it is for other classes?

At least for pvp, I've only found that I need 1 or two pieces with alacrity to get to about 5% (2% from gear, 3% from ataru). That seems to be enough to consistently get my Ravage + Clashing blast into my gore window. Honestly the ability should just have a tiny bit of padding to account for latency. Say .3 - .5 seconds.

Max alacrity = 50.45% alacrity, requires 100% of your enhancements to be alacrity, and requires 100% of your augments to be alacrity, and requires Zen/Berserk to be active while in Atayru form.

Also, you have the effect of alacrity on the GCD wrong. That much alacrity reduces the GCD to 0.997 seconds. So if you end with a Devastating Blast its barely possible to fit a fourth attack in, and I highly doubt you'll be able to consistently pull it off.

Outside of Berserk, the GCD will be 1.245 seconds.

What he said. 50% alacrity will give you a GCD of 1.5 sec / 150% = 1 sec, not 1.5 sec * 50% = 0.75 sec. In other words, 50% alacrity does not reduce your cast time (and thus GCD) by 50%, it increases your cast/attack speed by 50%, and that's a huge difference.

If 50% alacrity reduced your cast time by 50%, then 100% would reduce it by 100%, resulting in infinite damage (and over 100% alacrity would, I guess, make your attacks travel back in time :p).

Max alacrity = 50.45% alacrity, requires 100% of your enhancements to be alacrity, and requires 100% of your augments to be alacrity, and requires Zen/Berserk to be active while in Atayru form.

Also, you have the effect of alacrity on the GCD wrong. That much alacrity reduces the GCD to 0.997 seconds. So if you end with a Devastating Blast its barely possible to fit a fourth attack in, and I highly doubt you'll be able to consistently pull it off.

Outside of Berserk, the GCD will be 1.245 seconds.

Thanks for the replys! Did you get that 50.45% alacrity by gearing that in game of from an alacrity equation? Just curious. That works about to about 1929 alacrity?

Doesn't seem like it's a viable gearing alternative given the required amounts of alacrity and the total lack of accuracy for PvE or expertise for PvP. Probably possible to do it with the next tier of gear but again it would only be for an extreme scenario like someone trying to epeen by doing the most damage possible in 3 seconds rather than anything useful.

So, just for numbers, I hit over 50% alacrity yesterday during a Zen. I used both the Alacrity adrenal (purple grade), and the Alacrity Relic (crafted, purple grade), but other than that, only had 7 of the 172 Quick Savant Enhancements (rocking Accuracy ear/implants, power augments).

It was on a level 59 Sentinel, so that might have made the Alacrity rating work a bit better. Fun times, though. :p

So, just for numbers, I hit over 50% alacrity yesterday during a Zen. I used both the Alacrity adrenal (purple grade), and the Alacrity Relic (crafted, purple grade), but other than that, only had 7 of the 172 Quick Savant Enhancements (rocking Accuracy ear/implants, power augments).

It was on a level 59 Sentinel, so that might have made the Alacrity rating work a bit better. Fun times, though. :p

Alacrity adrenals...

Coming back to that, it looks like alacrity adrenals might actually be the adrenal of choice in 3.0. Maybe.

Its about an 8% DPS increase and drops the cooldown on offensives when used, as opposed to an attack adrenal which is a ~182 bonus damage boost, which may or may not (most likely not) be <8% DPS increase AND doesn't get the reduced cooldown on OCDs used in it.

Nice waterboy!

TAC, you think that's the case for all classes or just combat sentinel/carnage marauder due to ability to get an extra attack in the zen window? Seems like if alacrity adrenals are best for all classes they'd potentially be even better for combat/carnage.

TAC, you think that's the case for all classes or just combat sentinel/carnage marauder due to ability to get an extra attack in the zen window? Seems like if alacrity adrenals are best for all classes they'd potentially be even better for combat/carnage.

Was thinking more along the lines of classes with long duration cooldowns on certain non-charge-based offensive cooldowns where alacrity won't screw you over - e.g. Vanguards/Powertechs, Sages/Sorcs, Serenity/Hatred Shadows/Sins, Snipers