Emotes before UI?

mikules

I thought the UI was going to be taken care of for the players way before all of these other changes. How are vehicle emotes priority over the UI changes they promised?

Do you actually think that 3d animators and coders do the same job? really?

I've got the perfect solution. Bioware goes out and picks up some illegal mexican labourers off the street, gets them to code the ui. Problem is easily solved and bioware can then move the labourers onto bug fixes

Do you actually think that 3d animators and coders do the same job? really?

I've got the perfect solution. Bioware goes out and picks up some illegal mexican labourers off the street, gets them to code the ui. Problem is easily solved and bioware can then move the labourers onto bug fixes

Obviously they should be moved to the PvP Design team. They're needed way more there than in bug fixes.

Bioware goes out and picks up some illegal mexican labourers off the street, gets them to code the ui.

I thought that's what they did for the launch version to get us into the current mess in the first place?

On a more serious note, in a recent "Ask me anything" on Reddit on the topic of UI, Stephen Reid sounded as if we should not expect any changes in the short term, but rather mid or long term. Obviously that's just my interpretation and I'm always hoping for more info soon.

I thought the UI was going to be taken care of for the players way before all of these other changes. How are vehicle emotes priority over the UI changes they promised?

Different things take different amount of time to develop/implement, test, fix, pass QA, package, deploy.

fixed

If there was a test, fix, pass QA stage, the game wouldn't have been released.

your QA standards are not the same as industry QA standards...

if customers could determine the level of QA then no product would ever be released.

Anything that is going to need a rather large redesign that wasn't already being worked on prior to launch? Expect 6 months or more.

If I recall, it took Eve about a year before they had their first major "upgrade" of game systems, and even subsequently, these don't happen often.

i'll just leave this handy quote here from stephen reed

Unfortunately, not every part of a game's development is an equal sized task, and we must prioritize fixes as best we can.

To speak to your example, while you may have never seen someone ask for emoting from a mount, it may still have been asked for (either in threads you've not seen, or in bug reports, for example). It's also possible this was a fix that was being worked on before launch, and has only just now made it into the game, or that fixing this bug clears the way for other bugs to be fixed, or that adding it allows other features to be implemented. And sometimes, it's just something we wanted to fix.

While we cannot acknowledge every single post and every single request made on these Forums, we're reading and passing on the desires to the development team. Every major request that's been made by players since launch is being discussed and prioritized. That doesn't mean every feature requested will make it into the game - we'd end up developing a very schizophrenic game if we did that. However many requested features will ultimately end up in the game.

While I'd suggest everyone does check the Dev Tracker from time to time, you should also keep an eye on our new Community Blog, which has already hosted a post from James Ohlen about some future features, and will have more insights as we go forward into additions to the game.

The team is hard at work on improving and where required fixing the game. Not every fix is easy and not every feature can be added overnight, but we'll continue to work to make the game even better.