Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?

Kantaso

When you unlock the stronghold, can you park your ship there? Or not? I ask because in the blog one of the images of the stronghold shows what looks like a terrace where seems you could park your ship there. (Coruscant apartment small pic) Edited by Kantaso

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the livestreams they did: A "decoration" version of your ship will be one of the things you can earn and place on the largest "hooks" (of which I think each Stronghold only has one - usually a landing pad or something like that).

It is not functional, so you can't run up the ramp and enter your ship that way, but I think one of the options for your Stronghold's main entrance is to travel directly to your ship.

When you unlock the stronghold, can you park your ship there? Or not? I ask because in the blog one of the images of the stronghold shows what looks like a terrace where seems you could park your ship there. (Coruscant apartment small pic)

Of course not. that would have made sense. And making sense is something that is alien in this game.

No, that would have been the logical thing to expect but instead you get to buy a decorative imitation that you can park there. Fluff...pixels...nothing more, just like the interior of your ship.

Coz, you know, that would have also caused us to expect them to make cut-scenes of us landing and taking off, thus also requiring to add logic for us to be able to skip going to the spaceport/orbital station to enter a hangar/shuttle. And making cut scenes is costly both time-wise and effort-wise. Not to mention the REAL money it costs to program them

On top of that, it is also totally unbelievable to have a space ship there... since that is parked in the hangar up in the orbital station/spaceport so how could it possibly be parked outside on the pad of your stronghold...

Edited by LeJarC

Of course not. that would have made sense. And making sense is something that is alien in this game.
Bitter much?

As for the OP, yeah, you can't really "park your ship" there, because everything is just a decoration item.

The best you could do is decorate your stronghold with something that has the same appearance as your ship.

No, that would have been the logical thing to expect but instead you get to buy a decorative imitation that you can park there. Fluff...pixels...nothing more, just like the interior of your ship.

Coz, you know, that would have also caused us to expect them to make cut-scenes of us landing and taking off, thus also requiring to add logic for us to be able to skip going to the spaceport/orbital station to enter a hangar/shuttle. And making cut scenes is costly both time-wise and effort-wise. Not to mention the REAL money it costs to program them

On top of that, it is also totally unbelievable to have a space ship there... since that is parked in the hangar up in the orbital station/spaceport so how could it possibly be parked outside on the pad of your stronghold...

What makes you think there wouldn't be cut scenes? Just because you won't run up/down the ramp of your ship doesn't mean that they can't put in a cut scene. BUT... probably not, if your stronghold is not a direct destination from your ship. Maybe they would have one for taking off, though.

Basically, you're just whining about things that you don't even know yet. Why don't you wait until release to figure out what they did/didn't do to suit your fancy?

Bitter much?

As for the OP, yeah, you can't really "park your ship" there, because everything is just a decoration item.

The best you could do is decorate your stronghold with something that has the same appearance as your ship.

Yea, this is one rason I don't care about GSH. Nothing works, it is an empty shell.

Want to impress me, make one wall a TV wall and let us view Huttball games being played in real time, or replays of our older games that we have played.

Every post you make seriously makes it sound like you truly hate this game and company so why are you still here paying them money?

Yea, this is one rason I don't care about GSH. Nothing works, it is an empty shell.

Want to impress me, make one wall a TV wall and let us view Huttball games being played in real time, or replays of our older games that we have played.

You want to play a video game where you do nothing but control a character that sits on a couch and watches TV? I bet you can't wait for the next Sims- I mean SWTOR expansion pack where you can, wait for it....cook food and go to the bathroom, in real time. Sounds exciting.

Every post you make seriously makes it sound like you truly hate this game and company so why are you still here paying them money?
Because if he doesn't pay them money, he can't tell us all how much he hates everything about the game and the company that makes it.

You want to play a video game where you do nothing but control a character that sits on a couch and watches TV? I bet you can't wait for the next Sims- I mean SWTOR expansion pack where you can, wait for it....cook food and go to the bathroom, in real time. Sounds exciting.

What is a bathroom? I don't think such things exist in the SW universe!! :p

What makes you think there wouldn't be cut scenes? Just because you won't run up/down the ramp of your ship doesn't mean that they can't put in a cut scene. BUT... probably not, if your stronghold is not a direct destination from your ship. Maybe they would have one for taking off, though.

Basically, you're just whining about things that you don't even know yet. Why don't you wait until release to figure out what they did/didn't do to suit your fancy?

You must have been distracted while watching the stream. It was pretty much said literally by Eric during the stream that this was the reason you wouldn't be able to.

As much as I would like to see only threads here how we all love the game and everything that gets added to the game is just what everyone wanted. Reality is different. Deal with it.

Edited by LeJarC

• Dev Post
Per the livestreams they did: A "decoration" version of your ship will be one of the things you can earn and place on the largest "hooks" (of which I think each Stronghold only has one - usually a landing pad or something like that).

It is not functional, so you can't run up the ramp and enter your ship that way, but I think one of the options for your Stronghold's main entrance is to travel directly to your ship.

I want to highlight this post as everything DarthDymond said is correct. One quick clarification is that the option to travel directly to your ship is a subscriber only perk. Thanks!

-eric

I want to highlight this post as everything DarthDymond said is correct. One quick clarification is that the option to travel directly to your ship is a subscriber only perk. Thanks!

-eric

WAIT what about the bathrooms...........Do they truly exist in SW or are we all just REALLY good at holding it in? :D:p

WAIT what about the bathrooms...........Do they truly exist in SW or are we all just REALLY good at holding it in? :D:p

I want holographic TVs on my bathroomssss. (when you have 3 female companions you will understand the need for more than one bathroom on your ship)

Edited by Kantaso

I want holographic TVs on my bathroomssss. (when you have 3 female companions you will understand the need for more than one bathroom on your ship)
I'm unclear on the TV angle... is that so you can spy on your female companions?

Creep factor = strong.

-eric

Oh, I think... I am going to faint.... a dev post on one of my topics.......:eek: :eek: :eek::D

I'm unclear on the TV angle... is that so you can spy on your female companions?

Creep factor = strong.

No, is to be able to watch the Huttball tournament, that is what men care about tvs in the bathroom.