Darkness 2.0 PvP Build.

Lolindirfab

Guys, how are you? Sorry to bother you again, but I really really can't find a Build to Darkness 2.0 PvP.

I'm currently using my pve build. Buy something tells me that it isn't right. So I really need a PvP Build.

Can you guys please help me?

(My gear is Partisian tank)

Thanks a lot.

For Darkness pretty much only 36/5/5 is viable. Harnessed Darkness is no longer sufficient to outduel ranged classes from range by itself (and against Snipers, at all) so you must have Conspirator's Cloak unless you want to auto lose to a Sniper every time now. Yes you're playing more like a tank but if you lose to a Sniper 1on1 every single time you're not going to be a very useful tank.

For Darkness pretty much only 36/5/5 is viable. Harnessed Darkness is no longer sufficient to outduel ranged classes from range by itself (and against Snipers, at all) so you must have Conspirator's Cloak unless you want to auto lose to a Sniper every time now. Yes you're playing more like a tank but if you lose to a Sniper 1on1 every single time you're not going to be a very useful tank.

Sorry about my ignorance, but, can you please post me the build?

Sorry about my ignorance, but, can you please post me the build?

There are very few ways to meaningful put 36 points in darkness tree. The 5/5 in the other two trees are more flexible and it's more dependent on what kind of style you like to play. When discussing builds I usually think of what key abilities the build is around, not the exact distribution of the points themselves (that part depends on what you value). For Darkness, Conspirator's Cloak is pretty much the defining talent now for PvP due to lowered value in Harnessed Darkness, and if you have Conspirator's Cloak you're too close to Wither to not get it, leaving 36/5/5 as the only viable result.

Now I know people are going to say Conspirator's Cloak is not very strong. That's true, but in 2.0 Darkness is no longer a top DPS class to begin with (which makes sense, it's a tank tree after all). Conspirator's Cloak has great synergy, as once it procs there's a ~65% chance you'll also have a stack of energize (Energize can proc on hit that granted Conspirator's Cloak or the Maul itself), so your burst is often going to look like Maul -> Shock -> 3 stack FL and that's about 10000 tooltip damage there. This is enough burst to at least force your opponent to withdraw, and if he doesn't retreat this is often enough to bring them down to Assassinate range. This allows you to at least neutralize problematic enemies for a while.

I'm having no issues with snipers. I sometimes have issues with deception, smash and sorc madness (all as 1 vs 1s), but it depends on the skill of the player and the environment, as it is possible for me to kill them anyway.

This is my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsroddfdGdoZcMZf.3

The one point in shroud of darkness can be moved around. I solo guard a lot, so having consipirator's cloak is like a giant beacon, so I don't take it. Having avoidance is very useful. Overall, I am very pleased with this spec. I also stack power, so my damage ends up being approximately 12k force lightnings, 3k withers, 6.5k shocks, among other things.

I'm having no issues with snipers. I sometimes have issues with deception, smash and sorc madness (all as 1 vs 1s), but it depends on the skill of the player and the environment, as it is possible for me to kill them anyway.

This is my build:

The one point in shroud of darkness can be moved around. I solo guard a lot, so having consipirator's cloak is like a giant beacon, so I don't take it. Having avoidance is very useful. Overall, I am very pleased with this spec. I also stack power, so my damage ends up being approximately 12k force lightnings, 3k withers, 6.5k shocks, among other things.

I think you mean Assassin's Shelter. CC is your anytimeuse Maul, AS is the big huge beacon.

This is my build:

You mean Assassin's shelter, right? The size of the beacon is constant to an enemy player (it's a small purple dot) regardless of whether you've the talent or not. It only appears very big to your guys, so unless you're not using Phase Walk while defending you should still pick up Assassin's shelter. Generally speaking, any credible attackers is not going to think a node is completely unguarded, so having a phase walk beacon set up ahead of time doesn't really reveal much. There are also maps like Hypergates where a beacon can be set up quite far away.

For the fight against Snipers, it's not so much as Snipers are impossible to beat, but that they're rather difficult to attack in a fixed pattern. In 2.0 trying to range them down is definitely out. So you can still beat them if you melee, sure, but if you always melee them, then you'd just get hit by cover pulse immediately which sets you back a lot as even if you break it with Force Speed you could just get leg shot again and that'd suck. Conspirator's Cloak, although it is only worth about 75% of a thrash in DPS (Maul does about 150% damage of a Thrash at 200% the cost), allows you to only occasionally melee and still having a lot of potential burst in a Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 combo. Sometimes you'd even be able to somethign like Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 -> Assassinate -> Maul again if you're lucky. This allows you to dance around them and possibly draw out their cover pulse.

The objective while fighting a Sniper is usually to get him to leave his cover and let the other DPS finish him off while yo go back to protecting your healer or harass theirs, and Conspirator's Cloak is the second best ability an Assassin have to accomplish that (Duplicity is always better, but is obviously very far from the Darkness tree). In fact, I'd say Maul is one of the most powerful intimidation attacks in the game. Whether it's Duplicity or Conspirator's Cloak, you can tell people definitely start retreating after eating a Maul in the face, and often that's all you need them to do.

Opps that's what I mean.

I'd use assassin's shelter perhaps for rateds. Hmmm maybe it's just open world or some such, but I thought I was able to discern the different phasewalks (on the enemy side).

For rateds I'd then go 37 5 4, taking the points out of shroud of darkness and 1 from exploitive strikes.

You mean Assassin's shelter, right? The size of the beacon is constant to an enemy player (it's a small purple dot) regardless of whether you've the talent or not. It only appears very big to your guys, so unless you're not using Phase Walk while defending you should still pick up Assassin's shelter. Generally speaking, any credible attackers is not going to think a node is completely unguarded, so having a phase walk beacon set up ahead of time doesn't really reveal much. There are also maps like Hypergates where a beacon can be set up quite far away.

For the fight against Snipers, it's not so much as Snipers are impossible to beat, but that they're rather difficult to attack in a fixed pattern. In 2.0 trying to range them down is definitely out. So you can still beat them if you melee, sure, but if you always melee them, then you'd just get hit by cover pulse immediately which sets you back a lot as even if you break it with Force Speed you could just get leg shot again and that'd suck. Conspirator's Cloak, although it is only worth about 75% of a thrash in DPS (Maul does about 150% damage of a Thrash at 200% the cost), allows you to only occasionally melee and still having a lot of potential burst in a Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 combo. Sometimes you'd even be able to somethign like Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 -> Assassinate -> Maul again if you're lucky. This allows you to dance around them and possibly draw out their cover pulse.

The objective while fighting a Sniper is usually to get him to leave his cover and let the other DPS finish him off while yo go back to protecting your healer or harass theirs, and Conspirator's Cloak is the second best ability an Assassin have to accomplish that (Duplicity is always better, but is obviously very far from the Darkness tree). In fact, I'd say Maul is one of the most powerful intimidation attacks in the game. Whether it's Duplicity or Conspirator's Cloak, you can tell people definitely start retreating after eating a Maul in the face, and often that's all you need them to do.

Either this is wrong, or I experienced a bug. Because I could see this HUGE circle pool thing of a shadow that had the healing phase walk puddle. It was really obvious lol

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsModdfdMZfrzRkr.3

This is the build I currently use (27/19/0). I'm not full tank tree (only go up to harnessed darkness), but I don't have any issues with surviveablity. I am still playing with builds tho, but this is one I have found a lot of success with.

If I ever got into a ranked team I would undoubtedly adjust to a build that would be better suited to ranked, but since I don't do ranked at this time, this works pretty good in pugs.

Either this is wrong, or I experienced a bug. Because I could see this HUGE circle pool thing of a shadow that had the healing phase walk puddle. It was really obvious lol

Yeah I could as well. Without the talent it is a tiny little dot.

This is the build I currently use (27/19/0). I'm not full tank tree (only go up to harnessed darkness), but I don't have any issues with surviveablity. I am still playing with builds tho, but this is one I have found a lot of success with.

If I ever got into a ranked team I would undoubtedly adjust to a build that would be better suited to ranked, but since I don't do ranked at this time, this works pretty good in pugs.

Do you run in dark ward or surging charge?

Dark Charge. I only took Surging Charge and Induction to be able to get Fade.

I actually noticed a mistake in the build. I have corrected it here (29/17/0)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIModdfdMZfrzRkM.3

I'd take 2 our of endurance and drop them into duplicity. Otherwise looks fine. Not sure I can live without DF so I'll prob stick with darkness/madness hybrid, but looks like strong survivability and single-target dps in that spec.

I've never seen the big circle on the enemy side, though it's possible it just happens nobody ever has this talent. Even if it's true, you can always see the small version of the beacon and it's not exactly hard to spot, so I don't see how it gives away more than the usual information if your enemy knows what to look for.

I'd take 2 our of endurance and drop them into duplicity. Otherwise looks fine. Not sure I can live without DF so I'll prob stick with darkness/madness hybrid, but looks like strong survivability and single-target dps in that spec.

What would you say to a spec that uses Assassin's Mark? I'm a part time off-tank for my guild's operations, but I don't get used very often, and only ever as an off-tank. Is there a spec you'd recommend that would do well in both worlds? (I hate respecing)

I'm currently trying out: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200RcroddfdGdRZcMcZb.3

I tend to find a healer, but when none will marry with me, or they're taken, I enjoy being really annoying and bouncing from one low HP target to another. I'm finding my Mauls are doing a large amount of damage that way, but I'm unsure as to whether the points would be better spent elsewhere.

The thing is, I don't tend to use Thrash all that often - unless I'm protecting a healer - as my targets are usually low on HP, and so Assassinate and Maul seem to be better choices.

Using this Darkness/Madness thrash hybrid, pretty close to what I was using pre 2.0. Lots of survivability and utility with pretty good DPS... DF and spike out of stealth are just too hard to give up. The Darkness/Deception build does look fun single target though, and getting fade does give you a little more CC utility for stealth > spike.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIrkddfzMdZZfrzob.3

What would you say to a spec that uses Assassin's Mark? I'm a part time off-tank for my guild's operations, but I don't get used very often, and only ever as an off-tank. Is there a spec you'd recommend that would do well in both worlds? (I hate respecing)

I'm currently trying out: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200RcroddfdGdRZcMcZb.3

I tend to find a healer, but when none will marry with me, or they're taken, I enjoy being really annoying and bouncing from one low HP target to another. I'm finding my Mauls are doing a large amount of damage that way, but I'm unsure as to whether the points would be better spent elsewhere.

The thing is, I don't tend to use Thrash all that often - unless I'm protecting a healer - as my targets are usually low on HP, and so Assassinate and Maul seem to be better choices.

Nothing wrong with that spec - standard full darkness and prob the spec of choice for rated wzs atm. You *could* move assassin's mark for more utility (obfuscation) or survivability (Shroud of Darkness). Otherwise I'd say you're good to go.

Using this Darkness/Madness thrash hybrid, pretty close to what I was using pre 2.0. Lots of survivability and utility with pretty good DPS... DF and spike out of stealth are just too hard to give up. The Darkness/Deception build does look fun single target though, and getting fade does give you a little more CC utility for stealth > spike.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIrkddfzMdZZfrzob.3

IMO you've given up too much to get DF. You're missing Chair Shock and Wither for a very expensive (50 force) DF. Honestly just go full darkness if you're going to get out of combat spike and conspirator's cloak.

It seems to work pretty well for me, i've tried both and they're really similar in survivability and dps... the extra DPS from DF and thrash crits from claws of decay make up for not getting chain shocks. Also the utility gained from 30 yard DF and the 10 sec off electrocute is nice. I prefer DF over whither for the range, you also get a little more burst between DF and the thrash crits

I really only run anything Darkness-related for Huttball, so I use a bit of a specialized spec.

Frankly, I feel as though both Juggy and PT make better pure tanks given current game balance, and as a matter of preference I'd rather node guard as Wakajinn. I just don't see that much need for tankassins in PVP in general.

That said, I absolutely adore this spec for Huttball. Runs Dark Charge and a shield, naturally. The damage is terrible, and it's got none of the healing of full-tree or DF hybrid builds.

However, it's an absolutely filthy ball-running spec and has an absurd amount of control in general. It's not really designed to duke it out with anyone toe-to-toe, but it is very good at surviving and directly or indirectly advancing the ball.

I don't think I've ever seen more than one other Sin/Shadow on my server run such a spec, and I'm genuinely curious as to why. Sin is not ideally suited to holding mid, which means it should be focused on advancing the ball. I have never found another spec which is as well-suited to that task, regardless of what the scoreboard says at the end of the round.

Edited by Omophorus

I really only run anything Darkness-related for Huttball, so I use a bit of a specialized spec.

Frankly, I feel as though both Juggy and PT make better pure tanks given current game balance, and as a matter of preference I'd rather node guard as Wakajinn. I just don't see that much need for tankassins in PVP in general.

That said, I absolutely adore this spec for Huttball. Runs Dark Charge and a shield, naturally. The damage is terrible, and it's got none of the healing of full-tree or DF hybrid builds.

However, it's an absolutely filthy ball-running spec and has an absurd amount of control in general. It's not really designed to duke it out with anyone toe-to-toe, but it is very good at surviving and directly or indirectly advancing the ball.

I don't think I've ever seen more than one other Sin/Shadow on my server run such a spec, and I'm genuinely curious as to why. Sin is not ideally suited to holding mid, which means it should be focused on advancing the ball. I have never found another spec which is as well-suited to that task, regardless of what the scoreboard says at the end of the round.

That's actually THE spec run by some of my old guildies. It works and it works very well. Even one on one.

Just out of curiosity, what gear are you picking up with this spec?

Edited by JackBauerFTW