Dot specs on Commanders hm

Need some help on this fight as can't seem to find any answers to do proper dps as a dot spec player. The specs I play are watchman sent, gunslinger sab or gunslinger df.

Any tips things to do, to do proper dps on this fight as a dot spec player?

Thanks in advance.

Need some help on this fight as can't seem to find any answers to do proper dps as a dot spec player. The specs I play are watchman sent, gunslinger sab or gunslinger df.

Any tips things to do, to do proper dps on this fight as a dot spec player?

Thanks in advance.

Step 1: Roll a Vanguard

Step 2: Spec Plasmatech

Step 3: ????

Step 4: WIN!

In all seriousness, most adds die to quickly for DoT specs. Plasmatech is unique in this aspect cause its also amazing at AoE, so while it can't get damage off on its DoTs, it can still do ludicrous damage. That and Tactics relies on the RB bleed for its resource management.

Commanders aren't really a dps race, it's more about coordination. When to cc, when to burst, when to aoe etc.

As long as adds die fast enough for your group to not be overrun, it's fine. What matters is that the bosses get the damage. They jump down and then jump up again after you've either taken away ~33% of their life or a set time(tbh dunno really how long that is, I think something ~30secs) is over.

So, as long as adds are dieing fast enough and bosses are at ~67/33% when they go up, you're fine to play what you want ;)

What really sucks is the fact you can't dotspread most of the time cause stuff with dots dies too fast to spread. Or you kill it with vigilant thrust:(

Edited by Torvai

Commanders aren't really a dps race, it's more about coordination. When to cc, when to burst, when to aoe etc.

As long as adds die fast enough for your group to not be overrun, it's fine. What matters is that the bosses get the damage. They jump down and then jump up again after you've either taken away ~33% of their life or a set time(tbh dunno really how long that is, I think something ~30secs) is over.

So, as long as adds are dieing fast enough and bosses are at ~67/33% when they go up, you're fine to play what you want ;)

What really sucks is the fact you can't dotspread most of the time cause stuff with dots dies too fast to spread. Or you kill it with vigilant thrust:(

30 secs is confirmed because its the duration of a single plasmatize (after a little delay actually getting it on them, but then again I've also got a LOT of alacrity...)

• 2 weeks later...
Step 1: Roll a Vanguard

Step 2: Spec Plasmatech

Step 3: ????

Step 4: WIN!

In all seriousness, most adds die to quickly for DoT specs. Plasmatech is unique in this aspect cause its also amazing at AoE, so while it can't get damage off on its DoTs, it can still do ludicrous damage. That and Tactics relies on the RB bleed for its resource management.

So the other dot specs are useless in the fight :( Guess its time to roll a vanguard:(

^That.

Also I missed seeing you play sab. I never thought of sab as a Dot spec despite the fact it has 4 rotational Dots. It's more of an AoE spec, so it should be excellent for commanders. Just drop Sabotage, Shock Charge + Vital shot from your rotation unless it's on a boss, and abuse flyby, sweeping gunfire and incendiary grenade.

Watchman Sent is actually pretty ok for Commanders, you just need to adjust to situations properly: Don't dotspread on trash, just use Force Sweep on Cooldown and Spam Cylone Slash (spec into increased damage in utilities) on them and also use Double Saber Throw, even if it's unbuffed. You CAN Cauterize an add, if you're the first to attack it, and then change targets. Also use Dispatch a lot, when your teammates have already burned trash targets a lot. Never use Force Rend on trash.

On Commanders themselves, Watchman is actually great: Use Force Rend first and don't apply it for a second time. Save your Master Strike to be ready and Cauterize bosses twice. Apart from that: Priority list. Also, if there are a lot of trash mobs with the bosses: Use Force Sweep as a filler on the boss and position yourself to spread the dots on trash mobs. Also if you get the Double Saber Throw buff position yourself, so it hits boss and adds.

Here's a parse, if you want to check stuff out in detail: http://parsely.io/parser/view/62833

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Or respec...

Tried all of them, just can't play burst specs to any proper level hence the question about making dot specs work in the fight.

^That.

Also I missed seeing you play sab. I never thought of sab as a Dot spec despite the fact it has 4 rotational Dots. It's more of an AoE spec, so it should be excellent for commanders. Just drop Sabotage, Shock Charge + Vital shot from your rotation unless it's on a boss, and abuse flyby, sweeping gunfire and incendiary grenade.

I consider it to be an aoe dot spec. Thx for the tips thought.

Watchman Sent is actually pretty ok for Commanders, you just need to adjust to situations properly: Don't dotspread on trash, just use Force Sweep on Cooldown and Spam Cylone Slash (spec into increased damage in utilities) on them and also use Double Saber Throw, even if it's unbuffed. You CAN Cauterize an add, if you're the first to attack it, and then change targets. Also use Dispatch a lot, when your teammates have already burned trash targets a lot. Never use Force Rend on trash.

On Commanders themselves, Watchman is actually great: Use Force Rend first and don't apply it for a second time. Save your Master Strike to be ready and Cauterize bosses twice. Apart from that: Priority list. Also, if there are a lot of trash mobs with the bosses: Use Force Sweep as a filler on the boss and position yourself to spread the dots on trash mobs. Also if you get the Double Saber Throw buff position yourself, so it hits boss and adds.

Here's a parse, if you want to check stuff out in detail: http://parsely.io/parser/view/62833

Thx for the tips as always master :)

Thx for the tips as always master :)

I'm flattered you call me that - and you're welcome! :)

On a side note: There tends to be a lot of "pushing numbers for parser only" going on with Commanders, don't get fooled by that. What really counts in this fight is DPS on bosses (except for the last trash pack before all three bosses come down for the final burn, they do need to be cleared fast). You can check Starparse/Parsely for how much damage has been done to which target. And you'll see that most high parses get their numbers from trash, though it doesn't make any difference how fast they die, so that's just showing off. Some players even stay on trash to push their numbers instead of switching to the next boss the second he comes down. This will pad your numbers, but it's bad play. And, as always on single targets, you'll see that you're one of the best dps contributors on bosses as Watchman.

So don't join the padding game and forget about those high parses. Just burn the bosses as hard as you can, cause that's what counts on Commanders.

I pull between 3300 to 3500 dps always on this fight in IO just by continuing my rotation regardless of adds or boss. the plus side of this is i have heat for DFA and sweeping fire also the bosses melt when down and phases get pushed quick. Edited by Walpurulis

I'm flattered you call me that - and you're welcome! :)

On a side note: There tends to be a lot of "pushing numbers for parser only" going on with Commanders, don't get fooled by that. What really counts in this fight is DPS on bosses (except for the last trash pack before all three bosses come down for the final burn, they do need to be cleared fast). You can check Starparse/Parsely for how much damage has been done to which target. And you'll see that most high parses get their numbers from trash, though it doesn't make any difference how fast they die, so that's just showing off. Some players even stay on trash to push their numbers instead of switching to the next boss the second he comes down. This will pad your numbers, but it's bad play. And, as always on single targets, you'll see that you're one of the best dps contributors on bosses as Watchman.

So don't join the padding game and forget about those high parses. Just burn the bosses as hard as you can, cause that's what counts on Commanders.

Same in a number of fights - even ones where dps is important, you'll still find players ignoring mechanics or kill orders simply to dot spread and spam aoe everything they can for high numbers.

I have almost always seen them go up at 65 and 30 sometimes even as low as 62, and 27, dunno if we just do something different?