[Hardmode] Bloodhunt questions

Yeah, the adds only have 75k HP. Even at a lowball of 2.5k per dps they should only take ~20secs to kill leaving 20s to attack Furball each wave.

I'm on TRE otherwise I'd help.

Edited by Ubikface

Yeah, the adds only have 75k HP.

they had 72k originally, I think after the nerf it's even lower.

the best way to get rid of adds is for the group to try to stay stacked in the middle with the boss, then adds jump in the middle and you can aoe them and the boss.

but yeah, if you finish off one set of adds right before another it means your group's dps is low and since the boss has an enrage timer - it is an issue, and one that probably can't be solved inside the instance

Edited by power-alex

I had the same experience. The DPS check is high, so the folks can't bring the adds down before the enrage hits. It's one of those fights where the DPS has to be able to execute rotation without waiting on cool-downs, which is interestingly enough the correct way of DPS in this game. It is really weird how it works, and a player who only did levelling won't likely be able to have the required intensity of the rotation execution. Edited by DomiSotto

I had this pop when I queued with guildies for the day. It had been nerfed, but it was almost like it had been un-nerfed again.

Not all of the guildies pull as high APM as I do, but they know their rotations at least, and we pulled it several times. I was skank tanking in DPS gear--I got the aggro control down and used cooldowns to help tank but even with effectively 3 DPS (one of whom had just won his MH from Revan, so he'd cleared Underlurker) we hit the enrage timer--which felt shorter than when I'd had it pop in pugs post-nerf.

So, a guild DPS, a guild DPS who'd just won MH from Revan, and a guild "tank" wearing all DPS gear except the shield--effectively 3 dps, still did not meet the enrage check. I wonder if 3.3 broke more than the warzone queue.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I had this pop when I queued with guildies for the day. It had been nerfed, but it was almost like it had been un-nerfed again.

Not all of the guildies pull as high APM as I do, but they know their rotations at least, and we pulled it several times. I was skank tanking in DPS gear--I got the aggro control down and used cooldowns to help tank but even with effectively 3 DPS (one of whom had just won his MH from Revan, so he'd cleared Underlurker) we hit the enrage timer--which felt shorter than when I'd had it pop in pugs post-nerf.

So, a guild DPS, a guild DPS who'd just won MH from Revan, and a guild "tank" wearing all DPS gear except the shield--effectively 3 dps, still did not meet the enrage check. I wonder if 3.3 broke more than the warzone queue.

I don't know - I wouldn't bet against something being off, but it also seems that similar to HM Torq, if the tank isn't positioning the boss on top of adds throughout the fight to allow for aoe (with dps aoe'ing the adds + boss), it's extremely difficult to beat the enrage.

I ran the HM post 3.3 on my lightning sorc pulling 4K while burning the first couple of adds and cc'ing / stunning the next set to hard burn boss below 20%, and still had boss enrage at 10%, hit the tank for 55K (one shot), and end up wiping the group. The tank was not keeping the boss near mid and the adds were all over the place.

I also ran on my assassin tank with a random group that was moderately geared (mostly comm stuff), including two players who had never done the FP, and just kept the boss near mid, taunted and moved boss to keep adds / boss stacked together, and the boss died before enrage.

IMO this fight should not have a hard enrage mechanic (certainly not as tight as it is for GF content), but rather a soft enrage that progressively decreases the time between add spawns - such that adds would eventually would overwhelm a group.

At least with a soft enrage players would still have a chance to survive long enough to burn off the last few percentages of health rather than watching a big red furball one shot everyone, and better players would be more able to 'carry' lessor players.

Edit to add:

Just did this again with two melee, and wiped the first time with the boss / tank all over the room and adds engaged solo / single target away from boss (engaging them before they did their jump).

Second attempt I taunted boss when tank punted out to keep boss in middle, tank would leap back and take boss, everyone mostly stayed together around boss and let adds leap in (a few times the other dps ran out), killed him right at enrage with adds up (and a second wave spawning in).

Edited by DawnAskham

On the one hand this was my first time tanking him; usually I'm DPS but the guildie who was going to tank it ended up playing his healer instead. I think we were too busy trying to avoid the **** on the ground to notice the adds jumping to us. However, I've tanked most of the others when I just wanted the damn queue to pop, and the boss was still in mid most of the time...

On the other hand, your experience seems to corroborate mine. When I played BH post-nerf, pre 3.3; I don't remember the enrage being that tight; it was before the nerf, but that's what the nerf was for. We ended up getting him down to 12% before calling it. Hell, even when you said you had adds stacked on top of boss, you still only barely managed to get he last shot off before his enrage killed everyone.

We had one melee DPS and one ranged; I as tank had a 204 MH with all DPS gear except the shield. The melee DPS was slightly undergeared but my gear should have been able to carry that on account of 1) being DPS instead of tank gear, and 2) about half my gear is 198, and all of it is min-maxed (except the hilt is a guardian hilt as I wasn't fortunate enough to have the DPS hilt drop lol). Certainly it could have in any of the other HMs, including Rishi, which was never quite as bad.

I distinctly remember when the enrage wasn't that tight. I think 3.3 unintentionally reverted the nerf that had intended to make it GF-clearable.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I had no problem yesterday in groupfinder either (1 shot it). Our dps were two sentinels (1 combat and me in concentration) both in 186/192.

Both of us only got hit by the blue circle once and never by the electro net. I think that frees the healer to dps, which helps.

Bottom line most DPS are bad but don't know it, Blood Hunt just kinda confirms that yes, you are bad, and should learn how to play your role.

The DPS checks in flashpoints in this game are almost non-existent now other than Blood Hunt, back when the game came out enrages were actually a thing you saw when the DPS weren't doing their job, I think the only bosses now with enrages are first one of Blood Hunt and droid boss on Korriban.

Bottom line most DPS are bad but don't know it, Blood Hunt just kinda confirms that yes, you are bad, and should learn how to play your role.

The DPS checks in flashpoints in this game are almost non-existent now other than Blood Hunt, back when the game came out enrages were actually a thing you saw when the DPS weren't doing their job, I think the only bosses now with enrages are first one of Blood Hunt and droid boss on Korriban.

I lay the blame for the poor performance of players on Bioware as they have done everything they can to obfuscate and hide player performance within the game itself.

When the game shipped, it didn't even have a combat log. It was touch and go with the developers for a while if we would ever get an external log with just our own information. And here we are today, three expansions later, and the game still does not provide the ability for a player to even see their own performance in game.

Either performance needs to be available in-game to all or enrage timers need to go in group finder content - mechanics requiring minimum levels of performance have no place in random group content without the ability of players to see and measure performance in game.

Edited by DawnAskham

I lay the blame for the poor performance of players on Bioware as they have done everything they can to obfuscate and hide player performance within the game itself.

When the game shipped, it didn't even have a combat log. It was touch and go with the developers for a while if we would ever get an external log with just our own information. And here we are today, three expansions later, and the game still does not provide the ability for a player to even see their own performance in game.

Either performance needs to be available in-game to all or enrage timers need to go in group finder content - mechanics requiring minimum levels of performance have no place in random group content without the ability of players to see and measure performance in game.

TBH it'd be nice if after every boss fight in an ops/fp there was a stats table similar to the end of PvP table. Maybe have them all accessible at the very end of the ops/FP as well.

I think the only bosses now with enrages are first one of Blood Hunt and droid boss on Korriban.

Manaan last boss also has an enrage of 6 minutes :) and I've actually seen people fail there quite recently. BW please buff electric storm back! :)))

Depending how bad the group DPS is and how good they are at avoiding AOE, they can focus on the boss early.

Killed it lately after a first try where it enraged at 40 or 50%; on the next try we only killed the first or first two sets of adds, then focused on the boss. It helps if the healer pushes some DPS at the start (nothing to heal then) and when the tank aggroes the adds (some tanks apparently are only able to tunnel a boss, leading the dps to lower their damage avoiding the beams and taking extra damage)

Edited by Nkya

Done it several times, including last night. (also decided to do some calculations since the first 2nd DPS was bad. mind you im not the greatest sniper, its not my preferred DPS class but I do above average DPS)

on my sniper I was able to kill both adds before the next wave sometimes even having a little bit of time left to kill boss here and there. The other DPS (Which was melee) could stay on boss.

My DPS: 3100~ (also while moving and dodging, I parse for a couple of hundred higher)

Health % of boss before adds spawned (70% or roughly 700k)

Means DPS of tank / 2nd dps requirement of: 3900. A tank who knows his rotation can average 1500, 2nd DPS thus needs 2400 dps (calculated using 3 minutes of boss fight left since boss enrages around 3;3))

This assumes that the Healer is outputting no damage during any time of the fight (altough to be fair that might only reduce the DPS at most by 50 to 200) and that people are moving out of stupid to make it easier on the healer. (to be fair you gotta anyway)

The problem being with this boss fight however is that Pugs often are: undergeared, not stimmed, not augmented, poorly statted and don't always move out of stupid. (sometimes all of the above)

I think the enrage timer is fine, people that cant average 3000 DPS need to figure out their rotation problem or their gear problem. because 3000 DPS honestly should be obtainable by anyone that can follow the gearing and rotation recommendations from dulfy guides. (or people looking at the parsely leaderboard rotations.)

Edited by Faardor

Manaan last boss also has an enrage of 6 minutes :) and I've actually seen people fail there quite recently. BW please buff electric storm back! :)))

Electric storm?

Anyways, the 'enrage' on the last boss in Manaan is less about raw dps numbers and more about following the mechanic to put the boss and adds into the fire every time it spawns.

I got an in-progress group that had failed on this boss the other day on my Jugg, and quickly saw the problem.

Boss kicked tank right while fire was out, and the player targeted by boss took off running away from fire. I simply taunted the boss back to the fire.

Once the adds started spawning, they were heading for the healer (tank never seemed to try and pick up adds), and the healer would start running away from the group and fire.

I force leaped to the adds, smashed, and ran back to fire with them in tow - then watched for them to try and aggro them each time they spawned.

We finished with plenty of time.

Basically this fight is all about putting the boss and adds in the fire - do that and the boss dies fast and dps can ignore the adds.

Electric storm?

Think he meant force storm. And god no, keep it as is, an all class AOE ability (i.e force storm, death from above, supressive fire etc etc) shouldn't be rotation for any class on single target enemies.

This assumes that the Healer is outputting no damage during any time of the fight (altough to be fair that might only reduce the DPS at most by 50 to 200) and that people are moving out of stupid to make it easier on the healer. (to be fair you gotta anyway)

Mercenary healers (not sure about the others) can push over 800 dps during the fight, assuming people avoid the damage reasonably. If things are done well, there is little to heal.

Note the healer can safely go full DPS during the first 30s at least (until the first AOE) and with care until 45 (until the first adds) that's maybe 1/5 of the fight.