Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yuuzhan Vong Story arc

FlameYOL
02.27.2020 , 08:18 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Alpha_Phill View Post
I... I never considered that those might be the Yuuzhan Vong, holy ****.

You know, i was gonna go on a rant how, regardless of how much i like or dislike the Yuuzhan Vong arc, they simply wouldn't fit in SWTOR since they appear several thousand years in the future, but if what Canderous described could actually be them, then it could actually make sense.

Imagine, suddenly you get reports of several sightings similar to what Canderous described, you are sent to investigate, and it turns out to be a Yuuzhan Vong scout fleet. If something like this does get implemented, i would prefer it be on a smaller scale, not a galaxy-wide conflict. Restrict it to one or a couple outer rim systems, and your mission is to destroy the fleet before they leave the galaxy and call the cavalry, all the while trying to keep the war a secret from the rest of the galaxy to avoid all-out panic in an already war-torn and chaotic time.

They would make an excelent enemy as they would prove a challenge for both force users and "normal" people, so nobody would feel out of place.

The more i think about this the more i like the idea.
Yeah a skirmish with the scouts is all we can have at this point, though I personally find it unlikely they'll tackle the Yuuzhan Vong within the game.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Toraak
02.27.2020 , 10:50 AM | #32
ugh. Leave the Vong out of Swtor. That was a horrible series of Novels. I wish BW had never had that in Kotor either.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Aries_cz
02.27.2020 , 02:33 PM | #33
Yeah, no. Vong are some of the most meh ides and storylines of old post-ROTJ EU. Also, we do not really need yet another super powerful empire from beyond the stars, we just ended with one...
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

FlameYOL
03.01.2020 , 09:07 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
ugh. Leave the Vong out of Swtor. That was a horrible series of Novels. I wish BW had never had that in Kotor either.
That's just like... your opinion man. And its an easter-egg you're kind of overreacting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Yeah, no. Vong are some of the most meh ides and storylines of old post-ROTJ EU. Also, we do not really need yet another super powerful empire from beyond the stars, we just ended with one...
They're actually pretty great, it was something new.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything