New PTS Patch!

EricMusco

• Dev Post

We are bringing PTS offline to look at addressing a Mission cutscene that is playing which should not be. This bug is a pretty serious story spoiler so we don't want someone just testing the Daily Area to unintentionally spoil themselves.

We are seeing if we can address this issue and bring PTS back up today, I will let you know.

-eric

We are bringing PTS offline to look at addressing a Mission cutscene that is playing which should not be. This bug is a pretty serious story spoiler so we don't want someone just testing the Daily Area to unintentionally spoil themselves.

Seriously? Anyone playing on PTS should be aware that the patch contains bugs and that he may get spoiled. If it's such a big deal, warn players in the launcher and on social media to not click on that specific NPC; no need to shut off the PTS during EU primetime.

Instead, it looks like we can now either cancel our raid or play on the live servers instead. My raid group is only able to play one day per week on the PTS; please be more mindful to not schedule maintenance during EU or US primetime.

Edited by Jerba

Dude...the team works out of Austin. They work normal hours and have to fix things when they are actually at work. Unfortunately, that happens to be in "EU primetime". There is a lot more broken with this refresh than just the leaked spoiler and it needs to be addressed quickly. As a whole, this is a good thing. So, unless you're expecting magical fairies and garden gnomes to come in and work through the "EU not prime time" (also known as Oceanic and APAC prime times...this poor players:rolleyes:) then you will have to do what every other guild/ team does when PTS is not up...figure it out.

Expecting the entirety of the PTS to bend to your raid team's 1-day a week schedule is bit much I think.

Dude...the team works out of Austin. They work normal hours and have to fix things when they are actually at work. Unfortunately, that happens to be in "EU primetime". There is a lot more broken with this refresh than just the leaked spoiler and it needs to be addressed quickly. As a whole, this is a good thing. So, unless you're expecting magical fairies and garden gnomes to come in and work through the "EU not prime time" (also known as Oceanic and APAC prime times...this poor players:rolleyes:) then you will have to do what every other guild/ team does when PTS is not up...figure it out.

Expecting the entirety of the PTS to bend to your raid team's 1-day a week schedule is bit much I think.

I am aware that this is PTS and the maintenance times will not be as optimal as they are for the live servers. My main complaint is that just one cutscene is not reason enough to bring down the PTS. I haven't encountered any other major bugs that you mention, so can't comment on that, to me it seems that there is no reason to bring the PTS down.

Especially if there are more bugs than the cutscene and they can't fix it today, I'd rather they leave the PTS in a bugged state throughout the weekend than bring it down. It is PTS after all, bugs are to be expected.

Edited by Jerba

Some warning of shutting down the servers would be greatly appreciated! It happened while I was downloading the PTS. When I first tried to install it, I still had the Rishi PTS program in place, and this caused the computer to freeze. Getting rid of the old program fixed that (and it would be a good idea to inform people that this would be the case--many of us have little expertise). Then, just when I thought the new download was complete, it announced that there was a mistake in the program and it was going to fix. That fix froze my computer and damaged an important Windows 10 file, requiring a reinstallment of Windows 10.

Yes, big hassles! I understand the urgency and that you were probably not aware of what the consequences could be, especially to a computer troglodyte like me. But even I know something bad can happen when the server is shut down in the middle of a download! Warning is essential. :mad: