Its time to buff the sorc/sage trees i want my 5k hits

Jakees

not a single move over 5k full warhero min/max

ive been hit with 7k smashes 6k to 7k rail shots really ?

PRETTY SURE ILL GET THE IF THEY HIT THAT HARD PEOPLE WILL START UNSUBBING

we need a real lighting-tele middle tree like charging up disburance like mega man blasters at charge 3 auto crit thank you

charge on are knock back to throw them off the bridge in voidstar should get strong enough to be like force push come on i riped down a hundred ton door in story mode hmmmm?

force inblance should be spec to make the next ten dots crit or a boost like extra 10 -100 crit chance on dots and the proc to tk throw/force lighing should also proc lowest heal to insta cast or a stack to insta cast

AND I THOUGHT WE WERE GUARDED BY THE FORCE WHEN STUNED YOU TAKE NO DAMAGE FROM ALL SOURCES EXCEPT HUTT BALL FLAMES AND ACID BUT AFTER THE STUN FORCE REGEN IS CUT TO 1 FORCE

POINT REGEN A SECOND TO MAKE UP FOR BEING GUARDED for like 10 seconds

something needs to be done the lowest armor class in the game has the weakest burst

and the heavy armor has the most someone not doing thier job why do i even has a light sabre i never use it after my ac choice make it do some thing maybe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some trolls are so obvious it's not even funny.

Have you ever tried force potency (project + FIB) or if you insist on playing TK tree, turbulence + force potency (tk wave + project) + 1.5s tk throw?

your not getting the point buddy

and why would i waste my force potency on turbulence when weaken mind auto cricts it if im reading right

you are the troll its time for the sage to rise again and rule the galaxy once more

must be a smasher or pt move along

The odds of fixing sorcerers to a point in which their dps & burst dps is relevant without making the class entirely overpowered is improbable. Roll something else.
How so? They currently have one abiltity that can be considered OP, the bubble when placed on allies. Replacing the bubble stun with higher burst wouldnt make the class OP because they dont have any other game changing tools, give or take pull which only works in one warzone and assuming that the rest of the team actually picks up the ball. I've lost track of the amount of times I've been placed on a ledge and ready for a pull just to have some team mate dps'ing in mid instead of picking up the ball. The pull only works when team mates average an IQ over 70 (read: 1 out of 5 games) Edited by MidichIorian

The odds of fixing sorcerers to a point in which their dps & burst dps is relevant without making the class entirely overpowered is improbable. Roll something else.

I don't see why minor buffs are impossible - like making Sever Force/Mind Crush faster dots with more frontload damage (while keeping the CDs the same). This way we have more burst but deliver the same amount of damage over time.

Hybrid healing sorcs in half WH gear.

6k heal max in one hit.

3K damage in one hit.

Thats crit and max and doesn't happen often.

They just need a bit more, not an overhaul, but just a bit of a boost would bring them up to speed. I hate overall changes just tweaks is the way.

Hybrid healing sorcs in half WH gear.

6k heal max in one hit.

3K damage in one hit.

Thats crit and max and doesn't happen often.

They just need a bit more, not an overhaul, but just a bit of a boost would bring them up to speed. I hate overall changes just tweaks is the way.

Full min-max commando healer - I don't hit either of those numbers.

My deep class knowledge as of right now is.. limited. 18 days of playing the game does that with you.

Either way, aren't your heals more frequent, or affecting more people at once to compare?

It kind of has got to be.

My Sorc is 1/2 Black Hole gear and 1/2 War Hero gear and I can hit 5 K crits with my AOE attack in the madness tree, so your entire post here has just been debunked... learn to min/max better I guess.

Min/Maxing can never make a 66% added difference :p

My deep class knowledge as of right now is.. limited. 18 days of playing the game does that with you.

Either way, aren't your heals more frequent, or affecting more people at once to compare?

It kind of has got to be.

We are single target heals.

I have 4 heals:

Instant heal - 1800-3000 - 18 sec CD

1.5 sec cast heal - 1800-3000 - 4 sec CD (adds a very small HOT and armor increase) - takes 1/6 of ammo

1.8 sec cast heal - 2500-4500 - no CD - takes 1/4 of ammo

AOE heal for 4 - 800-1600 - 6 sec CD - 1/6 of ammo

Edited by Easpeak

Min/Maxing can never make a 66% added difference :p

I'm not sure what you are implying by that, but I can and do hit 5 K crits in PvP all the time with my Sorcs AOE attack, granted thats on a perfect crit... crits vary on potency depending on whether the attack itself hit for the max effect and whether your surge % is as high as possible, along with the opponents damage reduction.

One thing that I have learned in PvP as DPS specc is that less expertise = more damage, I havent ran the numbers to cite the exact cutoff, but somewhere around 1000 expertise you actually start losing DPS in a tradeoff for damage reduction. This means your overall stats have become low enough that the expertise buff to damage is in effect LOWER than what you would get DPS wise with lower expertise and high level PvE gear with higher stats. The tradeoff of that is you get more damage reduction meaning your survivability goes up, but your DPS output is lower (think of it like a tank specc)

If you dont believe me on this do the math yourself... ie if you drop 20 points of damage from 920 damage for a 2% boost on 900 damage with slightly more expertise, you only gain 18 points of damage back, meaning you went from 920 damage to 918... the more your stats decrease and the more your expertise increases above that point you are LOSING DPS for survivability.

Dealing big numbers don't really matter in the long run. Sages/Sorcerers have very good dot and procs which make sure they can deal continuous damage to many players at the same time while getting off constant aoe abilites which hit for 3-3.5k which is perfectly reasonable.

Sure we'll never get up to the million damage mark at the moment but its a worthy sacrifice considering we also have the bubbles and heals which can be dead useful in PvP considering its a team game not individual. The Sage/Sorc can be one of if not the best support classes able to deal high damage and offheal and place bubbles. Add the mezes, stun and the instant cc I don't really see why we should suddenly be able to deal 5k with our aoe. What do you want of to be, smashers? :p

I'm not sure what you are implying by that, but I can and do hit 5 K crits in PvP all the time with my Sorcs AOE attack, granted thats on a perfect crit... crits vary on potency depending on whether the attack itself hit for the max effect and whether your surge % is as high as possible, along with the opponents damage reduction.

One thing that I have learned in PvP as DPS specc is that less expertise = more damage, I havent ran the numbers to cite the exact cutoff, but somewhere around 1000 expertise you actually start losing DPS in a tradeoff for damage reduction. This means your overall stats have become low enough that the expertise buff to damage is in effect LOWER than what you would get DPS wise with lower expertise and high level PvE gear with higher stats. The tradeoff of that is you get more damage reduction meaning your survivability goes up, but your DPS output is lower (think of it like a tank specc)

If you dont believe me on this do the math yourself... ie if you drop 20 points of damage from 920 damage for a 2% boost on 900 damage with slightly more expertise, you only gain 18 points of damage back, meaning you went from 920 damage to 918... the more your stats decrease and the more your expertise increases above that point you are LOSING DPS for survivability.

What's your force damage bonus?

That 6k crit - there's no way unless he's very well geared - and even then, it's got to be on himself, with both the 30% unnatural heal buff from talents, as well as the 8% empty body talents.

I'm at 1315 expertise with 1935 will - fairly potent by most standards - and I don't get much over 5k on fellow war hero allies

Also, a hybrid healer that goes hybrid with madness CAN get the demolisher medal with death field (crit). However, it should be noted that this spec has limited surviviability against melee, and limited cc compared to corruption/lightning.

it's a tradeoff. I like it for unrated pugs, but it's got its flaws like other specs

Edited by islander

I hear what your saying about removing expertise for PVE geared stats but quite frnakly the upgrade is very small I'm sitting at 1300 expertise and 920.5 Bonus Damage with 76% surge modifier I don't crit for 5k even changing out 2-3 pieces of gear for BH gear which is only 3 stat difference such a small difference in my damage it wouldnt be noticeable. I seriously doubt your hitting anyone for 5k unless they have greens and blues on with 0 expertise.

Mine with the pvp damage boose can get to the 4300 and I'm biochem with Rakata Stim. We need a buff not a big one but we do need one. Lightning needs a serious buff Madness needs a small boost on Death Field and our dot damage.

I rarely see 5k rail shots. It means either the target has low expertise or the PT/VG sacrificed some stats for more power/surge. 6k-7k rail shots? BS!

But i'd like a buff to our death field. 500 more base damage would do for me.

Edited by Givemedanger

Sage / Sorc DPS need more love from the DEV.

They should have more burst because of their very low survability, especiallly the Balance / Madness tree. On the other hand, you look at the smasher doing almost 2 time our damage with lower cooldown on smash than Death field. Not to mention that they have more defensive skill, especially the Mara/sent smash.

I can deal with low survability Sage/Sorc, but they should rise the output damage to bring the balance.

my is 930 and max hit with df i ever did is a bit more then 4k. is yr server "paradise"? prob i need to transfer my char to yr server since u r runing there another swtor.

im on the shadow lands i hit 4500k with fib