Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Translocate should be replaced with...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Translocate should be replaced with...

RikuvonDrake
09.17.2020 , 03:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
**** no! Why the hell would you REMOVE abilities from other classes? Jesus this suggestion is even more mind boggling than the OP ability. Translocate is fine, it has its uses in PVE too for getting a teammate out of trouble.
comparing translocate to the other classes new abilities its quite garbage in both pve and pvp, removing it and replacing it with something with an actual purpose that improves the class would be a good idea

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

FlameYOL
Yesterday , 12:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
comparing translocate to the other classes new abilities its quite garbage in both pve and pvp, removing it and replacing it with something with an actual purpose that improves the class would be a good idea
I've used it myself to get team mates out of an AOE when they happened to stunned. If you want a new useful ability that's fine but removing abilities from others or making an OP ability of Powertech would be quite nonsensical.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

RikuvonDrake
Yesterday , 12:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
I've used it myself to get team mates out of an AOE when they happened to stunned. If you want a new useful ability that's fine but removing abilities from others or making an OP ability of Powertech would be quite nonsensical.
that's an irrelevant example as its due to the player himself making a mistake and being out of position, unless your argument was that translocates one useful feature is if a player is stunned more than 1,5 seconds and standing in an AoE that will kill the player if they stay in that spot for the duration of the stun (but they will live for 1,5s more)

quite frankly I don't think that your example helps your argument towards keeping translocate as it is in any way shape or form, as a concept the ability is totally useless and should be replaced with something, a passive, a proc or another type of defensive ability for teammates

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Jethsidi
Yesterday , 01:13 PM | #14
I agree with Riku.
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

Voroschuk
Today , 01:52 AM | #15
Don't forget to write your suggestions, and write what you find the spec is lacking, who knows maybe devs will read this one day lol). I have another one:

Tranquilizer Bolt: activation 1.5 sec., range 30m, CD 1 min

Loads your gun with a special neurotoxin bolt, which reduces the target's accuracy by 25%, reduces its speed by 50% and prevents it from use of any escape, charge or speed boost abilities for 15 sec.

since we have an AOE slow/accuracy debuff it will make sense to have a single target one as well, which will help in boss fights, but making it more like a mercs net will help in PVP as well.