I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

Drayzen

I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I cancel my account and protest their non-sense with my money.

This was supposed to be a launch feature, and since the game was rushed, players got the short end of the stick. It isn't hard to code in some damn items. I guarantee they are going to code in a few hundred new ones with the next update, so they can take the time to code in a few more.

Edited by Drayzen

+1

I wont demand that it happen right now, but very very soon please. While I am not a huge RPer I do a small bit of it during questing. I like playing the fence on my smuggler and BH. Both of these classes are suited to make 'credit' first decisions, light/dark side be damned. as a result of this I am currently sitting at -188 dark side and probably wont devaite too far one way or another.

Im sure this argument has been presented 100 times before, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents

Edited by Nerfmii

people will cry about anything

What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.

What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.

Aren't force aligned rewards strictly cosmetic and don't effect character gameplay?

Aren't force aligned rewards strictly cosmetic and don't effect character gameplay?

No. Relics provide stat bonuses and on use effects and there are - NO - Neutral relics. All of them REQUIRE an alignment.

You also can't get a majority of the Orange Items.

Edited by Drayzen

Here's an idea, quit being Neutral. People that can't make up their minds on being good or bad deserve nothing as they have done nothing for either. Sorry you can't use those awesome dark/light relics.

Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

Sorry, saw Full Metal Jacket this past weekend.

This is problem for us people who want to go more down the middle. I almost feel like I'm being forced to go a certain path. This can't be the way this game was ment to be designed, this hasn't been the case in other BioWare games. Edited by AdamHDMI

Bioware: Hello, gamer!

We have created a story driven MMO for you! How story driven? Well, we've forgone many standard features of regular MMOs (not to mention we have some bugs!!!) just so we could allocate as many resources as possible to your story experience. If you love story, this is the game for you!

Gamer: Sounds good, overly excited Bioware person. Thanks.

10 hours later....

Gamer: So I really like this story, Bioware. It's immerse and exciting. I'm playing an Empire Bounty Hunter who is driven by credits, but who also has a sense of honor. I find I'm pretty neutral when comes to your dark/light scale.

Bioware: Well that's just great, gamer! Glad you're enjoying the story and becoming immersed in it.

By the way, you will now have access to less gear because you didn't pick your answers correctly.

Here's an idea, quit being Neutral. People that can't make up their minds on being good or bad deserve nothing as they have done nothing for either. Sorry you can't use those awesome dark/light relics.

Your arguement is invalid. This is not a situation where I am simply just going to align myself and ruin my story, which Bioware so heavily covets. This is my story, and my story for this specific character is neutral. I want Bioware to fix their issues, and supply me with Neutral loot. It's only fair.

No. Relics provide stat bonuses and on use effects and there are - NO - Neutral relics. All of them REQUIRE an alignment.

You can actually get relics without an alignment restriction through heroic flashpoints and pvp.

Insofar as I know, you're mistaken. There are quite a few relics that are not alignment specific.

He actually is making up his mind - he's playing according to how he believes his character would act in a situation - not making mindless choices because he feels forced to go one side or the other because of gear restrictions.

Ah ic. A few questions to the OP.

1. If everyone gets the reward regardless of how they play, is it no longer a reward? Why not just get rid of it?

2. Being grey represents an inability to choose between good or evil, why should you get a reward for basically doing nothing?