Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've kept my promise

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
07.16.2017 , 02:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Doesn't this fall under the, "I can't help myssssssssssseeelf category?" I did say we would seriously look into it, and we actually think it'd be a fun change. Yet, allowing custom animations or VFX changes on characters is not as simple as it may sound. It's been added to our big list, but right now, it's not a high priority change. When that happens, will definitely let you know.

Keith---
^^ Keith sighting... on a Sunday Afternoon.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

fifteendollers
07.16.2017 , 03:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Doesn't this fall under the, "I can't help myssssssssssseeelf category?" I did say we would seriously look into it, and we actually think it'd be a fun change. Yet, allowing custom animations or VFX changes on characters is not as simple as it may sound. It's been added to our big list, but right now, it's not a high priority change. When that happens, will definitely let you know.

Keith---
Thanks Keith. This one post has made me feel a lot better. It means a lot to me.

KeithKanneg
07.16.2017 , 06:28 PM | #23 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
You could look into the "Kick the Hutball" animation change mechanic that already exists (when the "kick the hutball" buff is enabled, it plays the kick instead of the throw animation when you toss the hutball - you would just need to make it a toggle instead of a time-limited buff), it could perhaps be adapted for this with relative ease (assuming someone is a skilled enough coder).
Maybe this could even allow you to re-implement Lightsaber stances the way the original devs envisioned them (since there are no stances anymore, you could re-implement them as cosmetic stances) where the animations would change depending on the stance used.
Interesting...let me ask.

-Keith--
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Gaellon
07.16.2017 , 06:54 PM | #24
"Maybe this could even allow you to re-implement Lightsaber stances the way the original devs envisioned them (since there are no stances anymore, you could re-implement them as cosmetic stances) where the animations would change depending on the stance used."

Thought of this myself for some time...
It's like having my dark sided Jedi Guardian assume the stance of a Sith Warrior when he has his saber drawn.
And, just like a Juggernaut could perhaps even be performing the combat animations.

I think it could be possible, and would be a nice way to enable some sort of 'class change' for a character. Not by actually enabling a player to switch between base classes, let alone advanced classes, which I still think should be made possible. But it would at least be another QoL aspect for many of us?
"Always in motion the future is"

IntegrationArch
07.16.2017 , 06:56 PM | #25
Lololol and funny how a very minor animation not impacting gameplay gets a possible fix but game crashing, video not working, and outfit preview bug from 2014, etc impacting a majority of players (and resubbing) is not tripping any bw comments or concerns....... for a priority to at least promise a fix.

IntegrationArch
07.16.2017 , 07:04 PM | #26
Anyone know where the "BIG (bug fix) LIST" is?

IanArgent
07.16.2017 , 07:25 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegrationArch View Post
Lololol and funny how a very minor animation not impacting gameplay gets a possible fix but game crashing, video not working, and outfit preview bug from 2014, etc impacting a majority of players (and resubbing) is not tripping any bw comments or concerns....... for a priority to at least promise a fix.
The existence of a bug does not guarantee a patch is possible.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

DarthScruffy
07.16.2017 , 07:27 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by fifteendollers View Post
Have you kept yours?

You can answer me now or I can keep asking until the end of time.
Slade, Slade Wilson is that you? I think you are looking for Oliver Queen.

IntegrationArch
07.16.2017 , 07:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
The existence of a bug does not guarantee a patch is possible.
lol again, lets get a Known Bug list out there like we had a few builds back. A list of issues not related to the pc but the game code being researched and put on a list for a bug fix mitigation (even if eventually).

This brief known bug list is not cumulative and you have to search all over. Many bugs not listed like SH Bleeding, no outfit designer bug etc etc

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-T...86775#U4886775

If we had an all inclusive known bug list then we can see the 100 or so bugs, then we might be able to collectively help BW prioritize what are unsubbing level bugs vs cosmetic or trivial. We collectively don't want the trivial easy bug fix persuit to make BW think they are on top of the important bugs and then they staff down to that. They can say oh we fixed 1 bug this week and did 1 player requests to EA but in fact 100 plus old bugs are still out there. There are numerous and long time bugs getting zero attention, not even accepting it's a bug. So many of us are reinstalling drivers, checking ini files and searching forums because it impacts game play and crashes or prevents missions or group missions-- we are not getting the value out of the subscription.

KeithKanneg
07.16.2017 , 08:01 PM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegrationArch View Post
if you are referring to the Microsoft Windows 10 crashes, that was fixed by Microsoft and if you update to the latest windows patch (KB4025342-OS Build 15063.483), that should resolve the issues. With respect to Preview bugs, we know and have made a variety of changes to it, but it still needs a lot of work, and like the animation request, it's also not game breaking, so it hasn't made it to a priority list either.

On the animation question, he had asked if we would investigate it and I said we would, so I thought it was reasonable to respond to his inquiry.

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]