Which Republic classes are fun?

OrionDammit

I have a 50 Shadow that's my main but eventually (after I'm war hero geared) I'll want to make an alt. So I'm curious, what would be a good class that's just plain fun to play/level/pvp with? I'm not asking for superiority with one class vs another, I don't want to turn this into a balance fight. I just want to know what you enjoyed playing?

I'm leaning more towards a ranged fighter but I'll listen to all.

Trooper is fun to play all around, not the best ship or storyline but you feel like a real ******, especially if you go commando and tear things up with the autocannon.

My favorite storyline on the republic has to be the smuggler's, though - at least through chapter one (didnt get further than that during beta when I was playing a smuggler). The class has a ton of witty and funny remarks during conversations, the voice acting is done well, and you get to meet a lot of interesting people... which you subsequently take credits from =P

I have a 50 Shadow that's my main but eventually (after I'm war hero geared) I'll want to make an alt. So I'm curious, what would be a good class that's just plain fun to play/level/pvp with? I'm not asking for superiority with one class vs another, I don't want to turn this into a balance fight. I just want to know what you enjoyed playing?

I'm leaning more towards a ranged fighter but I'll listen to all.

Go trooper, good story, ship is better than you might think, awesome companions.