companion issues, possibly dumb.

Bosrrha

so i am having trouble summoning my companion, the button to summon him is not on the interface( even after moving the companion bar on the interface editor to the center of the screen), and when i bring up the companion screen it only gives me the option to dismiss him when i right click (even after i click dismiss, it only gives me dismiss option). what is going on? Can anyone help?

The companion interface sometimes vanishing after warzones or flashpoints is an old issue, but wasn't much of a problem until recently, as you could summon the companions from the companion screen. Now they are stuck in summoned state in the companion screen, and the only way to get them back is to call another companion and then call the first one again (requires right-click as the first companion still has the "sell junk" button.)

Until you have a second companion (end of capital planet, when you get your ship) you need to relog to be able to summon them again. Haven't tried it, but resetting the UI by pressing Ctrl+U twice might help as well.

Edited by Mubrak

This is a problem that crops up from time to time. Many times the companion will return if you start and exit a cutscene (or allow the scene to play through). If you have any crew skills, sending the companion away (using the shortest mission time you have) should have them reappear upon their return. If you have more than one companion, summoning another companion, then summoning the one you want will get them back.