Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Akevv
11.28.2019 , 11:37 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iíd rather cold hard truth. Iíd respect them more and be more likely to stick around because there would be less resentment
I wish we could like posts.

Lhancelot
11.29.2019 , 07:28 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
If you were the developer tasked with sorting out the 6.0 crafting, would you want to post on these forums? Also the post a little bit above sums it up.

Slight improvement. 6.0.2
Slight improvement. 6.0.x
Slight improvement. 6.0.x

I have no idea why BioWare put themselves through this each and every time. All it does is breed resentment at the changes they make, when they could just listen to the feedback originally gleaned from the PTS and actually act on that feedback. Now they have to claw it back to where it becomes "acceptable change" and lose goodwill in the process.

This is why I don't do the PTS.
I always did PTS in the past, but I decided to not partake this time just because my time is too valuable right now and I KNEW it would be the same song and dance.

BW pretend to have open lines for feedback, however they have hidden agendas regarding what they actually will do and not do. They donít express this though openly to their player base.

For instance, hundreds of posts were created about the awfulness of 6.0 crafting however NONE of them got any acknowledgement by community management or anyone for that matter. Instead, feedback was ďacceptedĒ for other features like gearing tacticals, gear sets, all the things THEY cared about. Crafting was deliberately glossed over all the way until it got gutted and updated with 6.0, leaving it in an unsurprising broken mess. Even then NO acknowledgment until WEEKS after it had been added to the game, despite it being completely broken.

The worst feature of this game is their lack of transparency and inconsistency when it comes to communication. But we know this, anyone thatís been here longer than a year learns this about SWTOR and the weakest link in their admin, that being their community management sector. Whether itís apathy or just plain incompetency, fact of the matter is this lack of communication has bred tons of resentment from players sick of being ignored and or even lied to.

Why does this matter? Well, people donít forget. Any future games by BW will carry this stigma with them, and if one main thought of BW is they have awful communication, lie, or canít be transparent many people will skip the game and choose another that doesnít carry this kind of negativity.

SWTOR is maintaining out of lack of options on the MMO market, not because itís well ran and a stellar MMO. If it was not Star Wars, many would never put up with the shenanigans and mismanagement of this game.

Itís like during prohibition, people that wanted a drink had to lower their expectations and accept inferior quality drinks because there was nothing else available, and thatís how this game is right now.

Itís just by pure luck and timing that thereís no other Star Wars MMO, in fact Iíd go farther and say thereís no decent MMO on the market right now, so even for non-Star Wars fanatics this game has gained patrons just looking for a social MMO-styled game.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

Carba
12.01.2019 , 08:30 PM | #103
There is little wrong with crafting in 6.0. I assume there are folks that want to spend 18 hours a day running flashpoints to get to 306 quickest and then also run a crafting toon that runs a few missions and gets all the schems and embers. That makes as much sense as crafters who craft 18 hours a day asking that flashpoints allow them to zoon to 306 in 5 runs. If there is any problem it is that the time spent to achieve a goal in crafting vastly exceed achieving a similar goal by running flashpoints. For example, achieving 306 gear by flashpoint grind takes a few days. Trying to craft 306 gear takes months.

Void_Singer
12.02.2019 , 01:19 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Carba View Post
There is little wrong with crafting in 6.0. I assume there are folks that want to spend 18 hours a day running flashpoints to get to 306 quickest and then also run a crafting toon that runs a few missions and gets all the schems and embers. That makes as much sense as crafters who craft 18 hours a day asking that flashpoints allow them to zoon to 306 in 5 runs. If there is any problem it is that the time spent to achieve a goal in crafting vastly exceed achieving a similar goal by running flashpoints. For example, achieving 306 gear by flashpoint grind takes a few days. Trying to craft 306 gear takes months.
No that is not the problem at all....

I used to craft 1-3x batches per day across 6 characters prior to Onslaught... I know very well what cost, efficiencies, and volume of output look like for averages. Onslaught isn't even the barest fraction of that.

while the worst part of the changes are tied to Materials frequency and availability (caused by the tiered mess they slapped on), those are not even the only problems. they've repeated the pre-commnand mistake of overvaluing individual item modifications, and static gear pieces (making them essentially garbage clutter), and undervaluing augments, and reusables (which NEVER should have come back as they are), and never mind the stupid crafting tax, expanded failure rates, and obscenely low RNG reverse engineering rates.

The "icing on the cake" for me was that they want to promote harvesting as a viable replacement for running missions, as if players can't do simple addition. even for me running a pure harvest toon, I can clear out an area, take a break and come back and do it again as they respawn.... during off hours. During active hours? hah, forget it, whoever got there first can camp them and gather 95% of it before anyone else can touch it. and increasing the yields or spawn frequency doesn't help, it just encourages the gold farmers, which I'm sure we can all agree is NOT a good thing.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Manicblades
12.02.2019 , 10:17 PM | #105
My two cents,
I think you need to fall back as it use to be, when green for green for the green mats for the low end crafting. When you get to prototype, then you add in the blue item as well as the green mats. For artifact grade, you add in the purple mats. Keep in mind that we only get maybe 5 a week per legacy.
For other's it's hard enough to get our personnel conquest and just get 2 for that week. So I think it should cost 2 purple mats for artifact grade crafted items. Then the legendary you add in the ember just one, So what it cost is so many green mats, blue mats, purple mats, and an ember. Maybe a quest only item.

Crafting green items shouldn't cost any blue mats at all.
So item rating 268-274 only green mats.
Item rating 276-284 green and blue mats.
Item rating 286-298 green blue and purple mats.
Item rating 300-306 green blue purple and yellow.

Augments: Not too sure about them didn't get to test it as devs not having the test server up for testing.

Looking at getting credits back? Well for crafting and selling when a lot of people are just getting their gear from quests flash points operations etc... The crafted gear should be as slight bit better so people would buy crafted items versus quest items. Then PvP quest item should be the best. Should have it where we can get the schematics to craft PvP gear from the PvP vender. I'm not sure what you all trying to push here for coins or credits up to Devs to decide and how to make things fair.

This is also how some kids learn about cost and income. Earn your funding and also support the economy and community. Through teamwork as a guild group Ops group or even faction. It always take two to tango or to play football or any sport you have to have an opposing team. Here it is teams/faction Wit the Star Wars saga. We all know the game environment effects the players in the environment. Same goes in real life. Instead, it effects our personnel life condition and then it effects our environment and those around us.
Again, my two cents.
With Great power comes great responsibility.
Some things is not as it seams. Error on the side of safety.
Treat others like you would want to be treated. The eye's behind the eye's is always watching.

DavidAtkinson
12.02.2019 , 10:39 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Manicblades View Post
My two cents,

Augments: Not too sure about them didn't get to test it as devs not having the test server up for testing.

Looking at getting credits back? Well for crafting and selling when a lot of people are just getting their gear from quests flash points operations etc... The crafted gear should be as slight bit better so people would buy crafted items versus quest items. Then PvP quest item should be the best. Should have it where we can get the schematics to craft PvP gear from the PvP vender. I'm not sure what you all trying to push here for coins or credits up to Devs to decide and how to make things fair.

Again, my two cents.
They don't need to make any changes in this regard at all . Gearing from FP and other game activities is perfect as it is.
Why would they change it so that I would need to buy your overpriced junk from GTN ? NO thank you... We have enough inflation as it is and absurd GTN prices.
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

DarthSpuds
12.03.2019 , 04:08 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
SWTOR is maintaining out of lack of options on the MMO market, not because itís well ran and a stellar MMO. If it was not Star Wars, many would never put up with the shenanigans and mismanagement of this game. .
^ This.
If this game didn't carry the Star Wars badge the entire game management and development team would be looking for new jobs.

The game has always relied on the "But it's Star Wars" effect to gloss over some of the glaring faults. Problem is that effect has now become the default stance of the game developers.

Unfortunately it's now a case "we can put out any old $h!* and it won't matter because it's Star Wars, and they'll eat it up anyway". The evidence for this is the decidedly Not-Star-Wars story arc of KotFE/ET, and the appalling lack of quality to just about everything since then.
The cherry on the cake of the evidence is the 6.0 Crafting system - arguably the worst sub-system of any major MMORPG ever.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Exly
12.03.2019 , 07:29 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Carba View Post
Crafting is an inconvenience that I put up with in order to get stuff that we want to gear my characters. I do not craft to have fun, and don't want to spend 18 hours a day doing it. That's why I think crafting is broken.

Manicblades
12.03.2019 , 08:24 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
They don't need to make any changes in this regard at all . Gearing from FP and other game activities is perfect as it is.
Why would they change it so that I would need to buy your overpriced junk from GTN ? NO thank you... We have enough inflation as it is and absurd GTN prices.
Crafting costs; for the vender items cost credits along with the mats in game. Inflation of outrages prices for the end game quality items on GTN. How we deal with this issue in real life? Say contract with say workers at a port. Paying them so much and the contract is bought. The next year do to the cost of living and those tiring to better their quality of life want more money/credits. This would effect many people in the environment and the community as well as other companies in the same environment. So they just add in the price of the community inflation rate or just a little bit less then that rate. Some say you have to give to receive. Others say you have to make sacrifices to get what you want. OR, others say you have to go earn it. Drives in life or in-game. Learning lessons in a better way. Humility, is a good teacher. It isn't always the best way for people to learn. People learn in many different ways.

How would a person in charge set prices that is fair? Cost of materials, pay for employee's and a little profit. Simple but oooh how is goes into depths of each. The Devs looking at the data to see how things are going from their end and our end is posting our comments about it..

Looking at why they change from old system that was working fine. Hey everyone the crafting is working fine so lets fix it!!! change it so it's broken!!! So now it's broken!! Team good looking out !!! Sarcastic!!

Some say, let it be. It will work itself out. People are judged by what they do, not what they don't do. Bring balance to the Force.
With Great power comes great responsibility.
Some things is not as it seams. Error on the side of safety.
Treat others like you would want to be treated. The eye's behind the eye's is always watching.

Death-Hammer
12.03.2019 , 08:51 AM | #110
Have they said when they going to post more details about the crafting and other changes coming in 6.02?
My Referral Link you ask, Here you go

http://www.swtor.com/r/BhXlYb