So still no NPC stealth detection fix?

NPCs/Mobs with stealth detection are actually detecting and aggroing on stealthed players at greater range than players not in stealth. Makes several flashpoints nearly impossible to run with a Shadow/Assassin/Scoundrel/Operative who is rightly trying to maximize their effectiveness by stealthing up to enemies. They can just enter stealth while the entire group is outside of aggro range, and the detectors will "see" them and aggro anyway.

Quite annoying, and should have been a simple fix...

Edited by TrickElders

In which FP is this happening? Never seen it as a tank.

When your group gets to a boss or miniboss, watch the boss' animations. They will do a "Whats that in the distance?" look, and you will see a giant targeting circle appear over the stealth class. They then have about 2 seconds to back off or the group will aggro.

I'm a Scoundrel and can confirm this issue. I don't really get how a mob can see me in stealth 30+ meters away while the rest of my group is standing 20 meters from a mob.

Yeah I get the fact it's meant to stop stealth classes from sneaking past everything in a FP, but at least reduce the range of the stealth detection to that of a normal body pull.

I'm not able to use my opener on bosses and as a Scoundrel, I have to run for 20 meters after the tank has pulled before I can start dpsing as I don't have a gap-closer. Quite annoying. :confused:

In which FP is this happening? Never seen it as a tank.

Pretty much all bosses in FP's, some Gold Droids and various (very small number) elites have a "stealth detection". They put a red-symbol on top of the stealthed person, then take them out of stealth and immediately put the whole group in combat.

If you've ever had a situation where you thought someone had ninja-pulled, they probably did literally "ninja-pull". :p

Edited by mikepapz

It wasn't until I pulled a boss in Hammer Station while standing with everyone else that I even realized this was happening, and that's why we kept getting added champion mobs. Droids seem particularly annoying with this. Edited by Soshla

NPCs/Mobs with stealth detection are actually detecting and aggroing on stealthed players at greater range than players not in stealth. Makes several flashpoints nearly impossible to run with a Shadow/Assassin/Scoundrel/Operative who is rightly trying to maximize their effectiveness by stealthing up to enemies. They can just enter stealth while the entire group is outside of aggro range, and the detectors will "see" them and aggro anyway.

Quite annoying, and should have been a simple fix...

i thought it was just me seeing this, but yah i find that i have to stand well behind the group just to not be seen, really frustrating and annoying to be the guy who's standing alongside the rest of the group and drawing aggro from bosses, so now i just stand very far back to prevent myself from being the reason for a wipe

Yeah, it became a real issue for me on my Scoundrel starting with Taral V. But it caused me to remember some strange times when bosses in Hammer Station and Manda Raiders aggroed for no good reason. Then I realized I had hit stealth as we prepped to kill the boss, and immediately I got aggro.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah try doing one of the Ilum quest series with scoundrel....

Just annoyingly frustrating....

Strong npcs with stealth detection or i should say some drunk scriptwriter boosted npcs.

It's damn big difference between 40 meters and normal 20 meters agrro range....

I would also like a solution to this problem.

I have no problem that bosses can see stealthed people at exactly the same range as unstealthed but not FURTHER away. :( *pouts*

I am an assassin and when i exit stealth I have a bonus to my force regeneration for 6 seconds (or something) which really makes me want to attack from stealth.

I ran into this last night. My brother was playing a Deception Assassin and kept aggroing mobs too early. I remembered reading about that issue here on the forums and he stopped using his stealth. Of course, that meant he was far less effective and he's decided to respec as a Tankassin for a while.

A good example of this is the second last boss for boarding party Imp side. the corridor leading up to the boss is an L shape that opens up in the room the 3 jedi are in. The Jedi are in the middle of the room so they are quite far away.

If I stand outside of the room in the hallway in stealth I can pull the boss who then resets when he hits the hall way(sometimes).

I have to be out of line of sight.

• 1 month later...
I think it's pretty lame, trying to be a scoundrel, if I accidentally get too close, I can ruin our pull, but it also means that getting off shoot first is more difficult, which makes me worse, plus, when trying to do solo quests and an enemy has it, using the excuse of stopping me sneaking past is totally not true, it's more to make me have to engage enemies without using CC or an opener and therefore I get screwed over royally when there's two more powerful enemies.

Yeah try doing one of the Ilum quest series with scoundrel....

Just annoyingly frustrating....

THIS.

I did this chain few days ago, and I was even trying to find out on a class forum - is it just me or were those missions REALLY designed to be done non-stealth only.

As a sawbones I never stealthed in FP much (unless tranq was needed), but I had most of solo content (and some solo 2+) stealthy-style, without having much problems. And Illum's sith lady& prison just got me insane. I wiped about 10 times trying to figure out what was I doing wrong and how to CC and\or sneak\avoid detectors. Then I had to go bruteforce and just clear them all out pack by pack. It's healable, and it's possible, but I felt myself like a non-stealthy bloodthirsty trooper. Being able to stealth-solo lv50 2+ on Corellia and wiping on a regular chain mission, really?..

The bug definitely persists. I noticed it on my Jedi Shadow during the Esseles. Though it wasn't critical in that situation, as we easily cleared the mobs, the boss targeted me as soon as I went into stealth. :(

• 9 months later...