Thinking of dropping cybertech

Tortall

I'm at about 100 cybertech. so far i've grinded out a bunch of armor mods and weapon mods that i cannot use. I still havent seen a piece of armor with mod slots, and when i get a weapon with mod slots, it already has mods on par or better what i can make with cybertech.

I can make reusable grenades but only at lvl 50, i can make earrings but on par/better ones come as quest rewards. i can't see much benefit. might jump to bio like everyone else :/ reusable medpacks at lower levels and implants

Cybertech gets better later in the game. If you are buying commendation gear and/or doing group quests and flashpoints, you will slowly acquire moddable gear for most of your slots. Once you do, cybertech starts to feel more rewarding. At least in the leveling up phase.

That said, blue mods aren't that hard to come by later in the game so if you aren't dedicated to REing (or possibly just generally overleveled for your current planet) the benefit isn't that huge. Also, at endgame all the professions apart from BioChem become rather obsolete.

Cybertech is by far the best twinking profession, though. So if you are planning on rolling a bunch of alts, it has added value.

Edited by Tumedus

To me it is a lil annoying that it appears to be the only prof that need 3 others to be completely self sufficient within itself. You need slicing to learn some of the recipes, you need scavenging to gather the primary materials and under world trading to get the mats for blue and higher gear. The droid armor seems not useful if you do not have a droid on your roster. Making ship parts to me is kinda nice since I like space. Being able to customize some of my gear is kinda nice. It helps me to get a custom look and lets me reconstitute some gear between sith war / BH and sith war / imp agent. I think about going armormeck for its simplicity in profs and its stuff just works as is for the most part.

To me it is a lil annoying that it appears to be the only prof that need 3 others to be completely self sufficient within itself. You need slicing to learn some of the recipes, you need scavenging to gather the primary materials and under world trading to get the mats for blue and higher gear. The droid armor seems not useful if you do not have a droid on your roster. Making ship parts to me is kinda nice since I like space. Being able to customize some of my gear is kinda nice. It helps me to get a custom look and lets me reconstitute some gear between sith war / BH and sith war / imp agent. I think about going armormeck for its simplicity in profs and its stuff just works as is for the most part.

Schematics for other professions can come from Investigating, and those professions can't have that skill to be self reliant. So it is not the only profession like this, it is meant to stimulate the economy.

I'm at about 100 cybertech. so far i've grinded out a bunch of armor mods and weapon mods that i cannot use. I still havent seen a piece of armor with mod slots, and when i get a weapon with mod slots, it already has mods on par or better what i can make with cybertech.

I can make reusable grenades but only at lvl 50, i can make earrings but on par/better ones come as quest rewards. i can't see much benefit. might jump to bio like everyone else :/ reusable medpacks at lower levels and implants

If you're reverse engineering the mods, and getting the improved quality ones, (blues/purples) they should be much better then your quest rewards. Reverse engineering is the key to this crafting system.

Schematics for other professions can come from Investigating, and those professions can't have that skill to be self reliant. So it is not the only profession like this, it is meant to stimulate the economy.

I actually remember that now that you mention it. All the diagrams connecting the profs linking 3 others to it unlike some of the others and a lot talk about cybertech and not reading anything similar on others may have been misleading for me or tunnel vision that overwrote everything else since I was interested in cybertech.