Pickpocket?

themagicbullet

Unfortunately not. This isn't an full-fledged RPG at all, I'm afraid.

and how many people would still play if, on a pvp server for instance, a fully geared 55 kept taking low levels credits? Not unfortunate at all, unless you want to get robbed of your earned credits

Here is how it should work: certain classes(lets say Smuggler and Agent) have this "pickpocket" ability which they can use on any playable character. If the ability fires successfully, they get a random piece of loot that is auto-generated by the game. To be clear, this is NOT taken from the other player's inventory, it is just a random loot roll.

HOWEVER(and here is the fun part), if the ability fails, then the smuggler or agent gets their PvP flag turned on for the person they were targeting, and the person they were targeting gets first attack if they choose to attack. If they do not want to attack, then they can just ignore it and go about their business.

Here is how it should work: certain classes(lets say Smuggler and Agent) have this "pickpocket" ability which they can use on any playable character. If the ability fires successfully, they get a random piece of loot that is auto-generated by the game. To be clear, this is NOT taken from the other player's inventory, it is just a random loot roll.

HOWEVER(and here is the fun part), if the ability fails, then the smuggler or agent gets their PvP flag turned on for the person they were targeting, and the person they were targeting gets first attack if they choose to attack. If they do not want to attack, then they can just ignore it and go about their business.

It would have to be all classes though, I mean if its only certain classes the rest will get angry about it and people will just say dumb crap like "screw you biofail" for implementing it.

hmm, i wasn't aware that rpg stood for "role playing game where you can pickpocket other people". I assume that the last part was left out of the acronym in an effort to save space?
An RPPPG? Edited by Rankyn

Unfortunately not. This isn't an full-fledged RPG at all, I'm afraid.

But this would happen to be a full fledged MMORPG and not have the ability just like every other MMORPG that I have played. You seem to have forgotten the first half of that acronym.

Different suggestion to make it more of a risk vs. reward thing (you do not have any risk by turning PvP flag on):

Keep it as you suggested for the success.

For failure however, automatically police drones arrive to arrest you. The police drones are 10x lvl 55 champion guards who shoot first and forget to ask questions later. You take normal damage, if you die in the fight. The drones also apply a dot first, that also slows you, are immune to stun effects and can see through stealth lvl 20.

Sounds fair? :)

that was how it works in eq1 except for the pvp part as pvp was limited to only pvp servers. however when the rogue failed ( got caught) the npc would attack you. since the rogue was one of the many terrible soloing classes getting caught by a npc ment death usually. there was running away but in eq1 mobs didn't leash back but rather followed you until you either died or zoned. for the few plat you would sometimes get it wasn't worth it. npcs gave a lot more coins as pcs would only give silver or gold pieces. once you failed on a pc you couldn't do any more for sometime I think. over all it wasn't done much except for giggles.

for those of you that want this for roll playing you can just make a emote yourself. I did such during raid afks in eq2 and on few occasions in this game.

here are examples of some of my favorites

/e pick pockets bobthehealer for (large number of spaces) a lint covered gummy bear

/e offers bobthehealer a lint covered gummy bear

and another one

/e pickpockets bobthehealer for ( large number of spaces) a wrinkled up piece of paper with a girls name and phone number

/e places the paper in his pocket and looks for a phone.

your imagination is your only limitation. I wouldn't recommend using credits or a link to anything in your inventory ( works well in this game to make it look even more real) to a total stranger unless you want a barrage of tells calling you a thief and to give it back. ( yes it has happened )

too bad we cant make a macro for such in this game too :(