SWTOR to be released on the 15th in Europe

KNGR

So if SWTOR is officially released on the 15th in Europe, (My amazon order says its being delivered on the 15th) and we have our FULL game Registration Code by then (the 15th). Does that mean we can play from the 15th? If so, what is the point of early access through pre-order for Europeans? It does not make any sense at all.

No, still official release of 20th.

thats not true:

this is taken from the official press-release:

GUILDFORD, UK – December 7, 2011– After successfully concluding one of the largest-ever Beta tests for an MMO, BioWare™, a Label of Electronic Arts, is now making final preparations for one of the biggest entertainment launches of the year as Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ reaches stores on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 15th in Europe.

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/4lhix

I posted that same question before the server wipe, never got an answer though !

:confused:

You only get it on the 15th if it's a pre-order. Europe can still only access via Early Entry until the 20th. You won't be able to just pick the game up on the 16th and logon.

Edited by British

sigh. some people.

YES, you can walk up to a gamestore the 15th and buy your copy of SWTOR in Europe.

NO, you can not play the game untill the 20th.

The original post ment that the game hits the shelves in the stores on the 15th. it didn't mean you can play the 15th. (though i hope i can a bit sooner whoehahaha:P)

You only get it on the 15th if it's a pre-order. Europe can still only access via Early Entry until the 20th. You won't be able to just pick the game up on the 16th and logon.

Wrong, according to the Launch event page in London, it says this;

At midnight on the 14th of December 2011 your personal saga will begin as Star Wars: The Old Republic hits retails shelves.

which implies that actually Europeans will be able to play the game from 15th December 2011, "your personal saga will *begin*".

http://yoursagabegins.swtor.com/en/

Well,

I just picked up my Box at my local Gamestop (Germany), but I pre-ordered.

Only way someone could play before the 20th was if registering a pre-order code after EGA started will still give EGA.

I pre-ordered August 15th, so I guess I'll be in on friday. Having the box earlier at least gives me something to do before then. Sadly no manual...

My basic copy was dispatched from shopto.net at 9:20am GMT today I just have to wait for my nice posty to come bearing gifts :)).

I don't know about my pre-ordered CE edition from GAME as yet but as I have tickets for tomorrows launch party in London, I am hoping I can collect my CE edition from my local store before I attend so I can get it signed.

The info on this link ( http://yoursagabegins.swtor.com/en/) is definitely clear to understand it so, that in Europe we can start playing on the 15th!

If not true, very misleading!

Where does it say you can start playing on the 15th?

One might even go so far that your Saga began when you watched your first Star Wars movie. Nowhere does it say that the "Saga" is the game.