Purple Twi'lek character skin: now that it's canon in The Mandalorian S2Ep1 (start)

BlackSilverDawn

Please create the long awaited for Purple Twi'lek skin for our Twi'lek characters (finally, a purple species!). It's now Canon now that a purple Twi'lek male was in The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 1 around the beginning (after landing). (Actually, we saw 2 other purple Twi'leks in Season 1 (lighter tone; so, please make a light tone & a darker tone of purple: 2 Purple skins for our toons.) Godspeed! Edited by BlackSilverDawn

It's Disney Canon. SWTOR is the good old Expanded Universe that the mouse has declared is null and void, so what the Mandalorian does shouldn't affect it at all.

^What are you on? Keep telling yourself that, while BioWare has just put out ToR versions of The Mandalorian armors, weapons and related mounts (GJ BW:D). Kylo Ren ToR version lightsaber & dualsaber, Rey ToR version robes, too (still want Kylo's Ep7 robes in ToR).

Purple Twi'lek character skins should be in game and it has been pushed on forum for several years now. So, if you don't want a purple Twi'lek toon like Paxton Rall [who is already in game], don't cry because you don't want other players to have it.

Edited by BlackSilverDawn

It's Disney Canon. SWTOR is the good old Expanded Universe that the mouse has declared is null and void, so what the Mandalorian does shouldn't affect it at all.

^aside from the darker & lighter shades of Purple Twi'leks in The Mandalorian (as I said above),

Yathura Ban is a purple Twi'lek {from KoToR}, come on:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A2KLfSEEOsZf8awA0jNXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZANBMDYxNV8xBHNlYwNwaXZz?p=kotor+yathura+ban&fr2=piv-web&fr=mcafee

Purple Twi'lek is in both, so it should be in game:D

Would love to have a toon skin as detailed as Yathura's...

Ahh, that must be why they made Revan canon in the Rise of Skywalker.

They didn't make Revan canon, though. A visual encyclopedia mentions a legion named after a Revan, but that doesn't mean:

1. That Revan is a 'real' character in the history of Star Wars.

2. That Revan did what Legends says he did.

The notion that Revan, or the Old Republic, or anything is "canon" because of a single reference in a visual encyclopedia or one line of throw-away dialogue is a pretty big leap of logic.

Of course, I'm not sure the fascination with "canon" to begin with, since this whole universe is made up, and it literally makes no difference.

To the point of the post:

I don't think the question was ever whether or not purple twi'leks were "canon." I don't think the existence of a purple twi'lek in the Mandalorian does anything to persuade the team to make purple a customization option here, just as I'm not sure the supposed lack of existence beforehand did anything to dissuade the team.

Edited by jedimasterjac

They didn't make Revan canon, though. A visual encyclopedia mentions a legion named after a Revan, but that doesn't mean:

The notion that Revan, or the Old Republic, or anything is "canon" because of a single reference in a visual encyclopedia or one line of throw-away dialogue is a pretty big leap of logic.

Of course, I'm not sure the fascination with "canon" to begin with, since this whole universe is made up, and it literally makes no difference.

I don't think the question was ever whether or not purple twi'leks were "canon." I don't think the existence of a purple twi'lek in the Mandalorian does anything to persuade the team to make purple a customization option here, just as I'm not sure the supposed lack of existence beforehand did anything to dissuade the team.

^Yathura Ban: Purple Twi'lek from KoToR. ToR has Revan in this game as a prominent character in an Expansion storyline and in operations and flashpoints [and his armor sets and holo-Revan] and BioWare is about to put out Revan's Star Forge robes and lightsabers. Purple Twi'leks in The Mandalorian furthermore prove Purple Twi'leks belong in Star Wars and in ToR.

That, and all The Mandalorian and New Trilogy versions of armors, weapons, mounts, in ToR has made whatever you were trying for moot. Great call, BioWare, big time:sy_lightside:

My point was not "Purple twi'leks don't belong in TOR," though.

My point was that the question, "Do purple twi'leks exist in the Star Wars universe?" does not, when affirmative, inherently mean the developers ought to let players make purple twi'leks.

There's also a big difference, I think, from one of the most popular EU characters of all time being given a role as a primary antagonist (who also has one of the most popular costumes) and a relatively minor NPC being purple being emulated for all player characters.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Dave Filoni is on the record as saying that he thought about using Revan during Yoda's trip to Moraband and subsequent encounter with Darth Bane (Season 6 Ep 13 of Clone Wars). Now that

S2E5 of Mandalorian has made Tython canon

its certainly within the realm of possibility that we may see some form of Revan emerge. Hopefully Disney continues to roll with the "Filoni-verse." For the record, I'm not a "Revan fanboi" as such but I do really appreciate when I see Old Republic references (or any game reference, like AV-21 speeders in Solo) in the new material.

On a somewhat related note

While I don't view Ahsoka's advice to send Din Djarin and Grogu to Tython as a proverbial middle finger to JJ Abrams and Ach-To, I am glad to see the support of so-called Legends material. That meant more to me than any of the forced Easter eggs or references in the travesty that was Rise of Skywalker. That's because my 9 year old son became as excited as I was when Ahsoka said "Tython," recognizing that the world his Jedi Shadow trained on would be in the next episode of Mando. I honestly don't really care how or even if Disney decides to reconcile Tython and Ach-To, because Filoni has and is doing a better job with Star Wars than JJ Abrams ever did.

Please create the long awaited for Purple Twi'lek skin for our Twi'lek characters (finally, a purple species!). It's now Canon now that a purple Twi'lek male was in The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 1 around the beginning (after landing). (Actually, we saw 2 other purple Twi'leks in Season 1 (lighter tone; so, please make a light tone & a darker tone of purple: 2 Purple skins for our toons.) Godspeed!

First, your argument is based on a major (and very wrong) assumption that this game was released with the attempt to remain 1:1 with the canon found in the Star Wars franchise. It was not. There remains plenty of content in SWTOR that you will never find in SW canon.

Second, the commercial placement on the cartel market (or issued as log-in rewards) of certain items pertaining to promotions of newly released media (such as the Mandalorian series) is highly targeted, and no SWTOR player should ever expect Bioware to maintain anything approaching 1:1 with such.

You are not the first to campaign for more / different skins for a class. People have been tossing threads on the forums for more skin textures ever since playable Nautolans were released. Nothing new there. So if you get your skin color, congratulations, you made enough noise. If not, see the points above.

But to sit there and position your argument based on what may exist as external content does nothing.

As we've discovered this year with the campaign to nerf conquest points . . . noise wins.

You also forget the most important thing...at the moment they can't do it, it has been said over and over. It's not a cannon issue, it's a code issue. The code is so messed up, they don't want to chance touching it in case it causes major malfunctions.

Yes Pax is purple, but he's a different model, not the same as the NPC's or PC's, which is the main reason we can't put outfits on them.

Don't get me wrong, purple is great, I'd love that to be a choice,

To quote a great character

"Everybody's cute. But in purple, I am stunning!"

The visual guide to RoS explains that the names of those legions are dark lords of the sith. It may not mean that it's exactly the same story as is here but at the same time, it would make no sense to pick that name since Lucasarts still has a say in stories in SWTOR. So either way, it's a reference to this character, no matter how loose.

Dave Filoni is on the record as saying that he thought about using Revan during Yoda's trip to Moraband and subsequent encounter with Darth Bane (Season 6 Ep 13 of Clone Wars). Now that

S2E5 of Mandalorian has made Tython canon

its certainly within the realm of possibility that we may see some form of Revan emerge. Hopefully Disney continues to roll with the "Filoni-verse." For the record, I'm not a "Revan fanboi" as such but I do really appreciate when I see Old Republic references (or any game reference, like AV-21 speeders in Solo) in the new material.

Yes, he wanted to include Revan. He chose not to -- which might tell you something! :)

As far as Tython, it already was canon. It's featured in the Aphra comics, which are canonical. (It's a really good issue, by the way!)

While I don't view Ahsoka's advice to send Din Djarin and Grogu to Tython as a proverbial middle finger to JJ Abrams and Ach-To, I am glad to see the support of so-called Legends material. That meant more to me than any of the forced Easter eggs or references in the travesty that was Rise of Skywalker. That's because my 9 year old son became as excited as I was when Ahsoka said "Tython," recognizing that the world his Jedi Shadow trained on would be in the next episode of Mando. I honestly don't really care how or even if Disney decides to reconcile Tython and Ach-To, because Filoni has and is doing a better job with Star Wars than JJ Abrams ever did.

I'm glad you enjoy it. I'll agree that RoS is more or less just, well, a mess, but personally the Mandalorian really frustrates me. I guess I just don't have the attachment to 'Legends' or whatever, but I just don't really care what the name of the planet is, or if the Mandalorian is going to X place or Y place that was in A game or B book. It's just... I dunno, not what I care about in a show or a movie, even if it's a world I love quite a lot.

Edited by jedimasterjac

but personally the Mandalorian really frustrates me.

That's really interesting. People tend to see the Mandalorian as the saviour of Star Wars and I would agree with that. I love it and it's 16+ which allows them to take things a little further. All the fans of the original trilogy or the prequels are now grown-ups and I'm glad they did this show. I also see them introducing all sorts of stuff in this series, giving way to spin-off series.

But I guess, there would be people like yourself that don't agree and that's fair enough of course.

I've tried to love it! Weird as it sounds (because I maybe complain about it a bit too much) I try to go into every episode pretty open-minded, and it just... does not click for me. There're maybe two episodes where I've really been like, "hell yeah!" but most them time I'm just... eh?

I try not to complain about it too much because, well, there's nothing I hate more than mentioning I like TFA and TLJ and then having people crap on it, so I try not to do the same. At the same time, I also really kind of want to talk about it? I wanna try to figure out what's not jiving for me.

Whatever, I'll stop rambling here, lol.

Edited by jedimasterjac

First, your argument is based on a major (and very wrong) assumption that this game was released with the attempt to remain 1:1 with the canon found in the Star Wars franchise. It was not. There remains plenty of content in SWTOR that you will never find in SW canon.

Second, the commercial placement on the cartel market (or issued as log-in rewards) of certain items pertaining to promotions of newly released media (such as the Mandalorian series) is highly targeted, and no SWTOR player should ever expect Bioware to maintain anything approaching 1:1 with such.

You are not the first to campaign for more / different skins for a class. People have been tossing threads on the forums for more skin textures ever since playable Nautolans were released. Nothing new there. So if you get your skin color, congratulations, you made enough noise. If not, see the points above.

But to sit there and position your argument based on what may exist as external content does nothing.

As we've discovered this year with the campaign to nerf conquest points . . . noise wins.

^No, don't put words in my mouth; [you're] the one assuming. You also conveniently missed that Paxton Rall is a Purple Twi'lek [[[already in game]]], along with everything else that makes having Purple Twi'lek skins in game perfectly valid. Don't act like ToR isn't adding its own versions of canon, etc stuff, as I said already [as it's doing right now in the CM and is about to do with more Revan stuff: Great Job, BioWare, absolutely:sy_star: So, let's make a purple Keshiri race then, since ToR is doing its own thing:D

I want purple Twi'lek. Can't they make it like the red Zarbrak as an unlock-through-cc option?

I want more Sith pureblood face options.

The things I want but cannot get... :(

PS: They mentioned the Chiss involvement in the war between the Sith Empire and the Republic in Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising, which is a subtle reference to swtor. Interesting how Disney is slipping bits of swtor into their new canon.

You also forget the most important thing...at the moment they can't do it, it has been said over and over. It's not a cannon issue, it's a code issue. The code is so messed up, they don't want to chance touching it in case it causes major malfunctions.

Charles Boyd said it during a stream. Specifically, some aspects of the character creation system were created by "an insane person" and that makes doing customization options for some of the species more difficult that others. They do hear our cries for more character customization options, but there is that technical barrier at this time. Basically, until they overhaul the character customization system we will not be getting a purple option for Twi'leks.

Here is a link to the stream (time coded to a few seconds before Charles' comment).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/306300086?t=00h10m20s

They are adding a Mandlorian flash point sometime this month because of the series. Otherwise it would just be the force plague ending we are getting. Which is all I care about it. If it were up to me my Bounty Hunter would get to kill the coward pretending to be Mandalore, she isn't fit to be in the position after refusing to fight the Champion of the Great Hunt in a fight to the death.

^If that's so, then they can just go around it and create another species template for Twi'lek that is just different shades of {Purple}, a Yathura Ban dark-side version would be amazing, and perhaps an Albino Twi'lek, like we see in the Kyle Katarn/ Dark Forces 2 game.

Yep, should just do what the Zabrak species did and have 2 different options on the species select screen (in that case one is red & the other species option is the brown/tan version):D