Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game story direction? (Theory)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game story direction? (Theory)

AdharaKyleth
10.20.2017 , 02:29 PM | #1
My theory that we a going to have a Forged Alliance style story with these three flashpoints, Crisis on Umbara, Traitor among the Chiss, and the last flashpoint which will foreshadow an expansion.

The last flashpoint will most likely reveal the antagonist (From the agent story?) and Theron will come back with a kill/save option. (Most likely, or he could leave)
Arcann Romance will maybe be introduced in the next expansion, or after the flashpoints. Companions might come back as Alliance alerts?
We'll see the next expansion around late winter/early spring?
Hopefully, all the companions will be introduced by the end of the next expansion, or at least all of the romancable ones, and we'll be able to get married to Theron or Lana.

Just my thoughts about the future story and where it's going. I really, really hope Theron is not treated like a cardboard cutout if the kill option is given.
Theronite
Adhara Kyleth Teraalin Nyx Scatha
http://www.swtor.com/r/fVFywm

Eshvara
10.20.2017 , 02:32 PM | #2
Sounds reasonable enough, though I don't think there will be any kill option for Theron.👀
I wish it wasn't a full year(technically more) until the next expansion though.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Thunderisaclone
10.20.2017 , 02:41 PM | #3
Maybe AdharaKyleth, seems a reasonable assumption, time will tell. Personally I don't think about it much if at all. I think once you start speculating on story you set yourself up for disappointment if it go's in a different direction. Also tend to find that so many once they start down that path feel they have a right to say how the story go's. Seen that so many times here on this site. In-fact there was one on the first page today.

SolarSaenz
10.20.2017 , 02:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AdharaKyleth View Post
My theory that we a going to have a Forged Alliance style story with these three flashpoints, Crisis on Umbara, Traitor among the Chiss, and the last flashpoint which will foreshadow an expansion.
Not a bad theory. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

The last flashpoint will most likely reveal the antagonist (From the agent story?) and Theron will come back with a kill/save option. (Most likely, or he could leave)
If they go that route with Theron (save/kill), I hope it's not because they're writing him out of the story. Basically, any companion we have the kill/save (or exile) option since 4.0, doesn't have a significant role after that option comes.

Arcann Romance will maybe be introduced in the next expansion, or after the flashpoints. Companions might come back as Alliance alerts?
If LIs come back as alliance alerts with KOTOR style dialogue, I think a number of people will be disappointed.
Other "less interesting" companions (Ex: Tharan Cedrax, Zenith) I personally wouldn't mind them coming back as alliance alerts with KOTOR style dialogue, but me personally, I wouldn't complain too much if Tharan Cedrax and Zenith don't return. I do understand there are some Zenith lovers out there though.

We'll see the next expansion around late winter/early spring?
Hopefully, all the companions will be introduced by the end of the next expansion, or at least all of the romancable ones, and we'll be able to get married to Theron or Lana.
If an expansion is coming, I would think that the earliest to expect it would be the spring of next year. Late Winter (late February to mid March since Winter officially ends March 20) might be a little too early. But, you never know. Anything is possible.
Just my thoughts about the future story and where it's going. I really, really hope Theron is not treated like a cardboard cutout if the kill option is given.
Me too!

DanNV
10.20.2017 , 02:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SolarSaenz View Post
If an expansion is coming, I would think that the earliest to expect it would be the spring of next year. Late Winter (late February to mid March since Winter officially ends March 20) might be a little too early. But, you never know. Anything is possible.
Personally, I expect no new expansion before the end of 2018, although Fall might be possible. Assuming of course, there is another expansion.

I believe the current Operation they can't get finished was supposed to be part of 6.0 and was planned for this winter, but in order to keep the few remaining endgame players from leaving, they had to push it out early, Hence the 248 gear that came with the first boss, that there was absolutely no need for. But, they had t have it or they'd have to retune their design for the first boss and that would have taken even more time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

Dayshadow
10.20.2017 , 04:05 PM | #6
This whole Zakuul storyline will all be acknowledged as an Elseworld tale and then we'll get back to the real stories.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series