Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A positive post


SolarSaenz's Avatar


SolarSaenz
10.20.2017 , 02:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

But while you may not want to hear it -- it doesn't change the fact (yes, fact) that it is a structural change.

Put differently, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. The change is fundamental. My guess is they will screw up the conversion rate to start, but the change post-Nov. 28th is structural; ergo, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. Your argument would be more persuasive if you actually gave a specific criticism about the new system.

Oh, and to the OP -- welcome back!

Dasty
RNG is and always has been the criticism.
What BW is doing in 5.6 is throwing a bone or the illusion of a bone to ust. Keeping the RNG in gearing is the same thing that they are doing over and over again.
You will never convince me that RNG as a method of gearing, the way that GC implements it, is a good way of gearing. You don't need to search that long and hard in the forums to understand why I think (and others) think it is bad.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.20.2017 , 02:03 PM | #12
The fate of positive threads.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.20.2017 , 02:24 PM | #13
We'll never see the OP again now. Death squad got 'em.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
10.20.2017 , 02:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
We'll never see the OP again now. Death squad got 'em.
Told ya.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You are not some champion of logic, teaching the uninformed about the finer points of the fallacy of argumentation. Nor are you a Community Manager working for Bioware, though at least your prolific posting would be an improvement.

SolarSaenz's Avatar


SolarSaenz
10.20.2017 , 02:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
We'll never see the OP again now. Death squad got 'em.
Sorry. I just can't help myself. Whenever I see a post putting gearing via RNG in a positive light, I pull my hair out and have to get on my soapbox.

PandaKeeper's Avatar


PandaKeeper
10.20.2017 , 03:59 PM | #16
I'm not too worried about the negative nancy types. Those who enjoy something dont owe anyone an explaination because other people disagree. Pretty sad that on a post where someone was genuinely trying to express appreciation, there was still gonna be a guy / gal that comes in with a tirade.

Ah well though, i'm off doing my thing and enjoying the game. Now to figure this decorating thing out...

SolarSaenz's Avatar


SolarSaenz
10.20.2017 , 08:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by PandaKeeper View Post
I'm not too worried about the negative nancy types. Those who enjoy something dont owe anyone an explaination because other people disagree. Pretty sad that on a post where someone was genuinely trying to express appreciation, there was still gonna be a guy / gal that comes in with a tirade.

Ah well though, i'm off doing my thing and enjoying the game. Now to figure this decorating thing out...
I'm sorry I got on my soapbox.
While I hold strong to my views on CXP/GC/RNG, I do genuinely like this game. Otherwise, why would I stay a subscriber?
Yes, this game can improve, and I and I believe others, offer criticism because we like the game so much that we want to see it succeed. I think some bad decisions have been made for this game, but that doesn't mean the game is ruined. I think with the right creative talent and leadership, the game can once again produce good content.

I may not agree with every single thing Keith has done while lead producer, but overall, I think he is good for this game. And, I believe that he genuinely wants to improve the game and that his heart is in the right place.