Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do the devs even play pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Do the devs even play pvp?

Raansu
10.21.2019 , 10:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
If you’ve read the patch notes today, you’ll probably notice that all the best gear you’ll probably want for pvp requires doing operations.
Ya screw that. I'm just going to do the story and bounce.

Seterade
10.21.2019 , 10:30 PM | #42
Quote:
What are you talking about. Solo Ranked on the PTS was swarming with Deception sins, and they were topping DPS in many games, with unbelievably high burst and double vanish. In regular WZs, the story was very similar. How did you ever get this idea? They were literally one of the strongest specs. So much so, I expect one of their set bonuses to be nerfed before 6.0 hits live, which will make them less broken, but still incredibly strong.
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
This. Sins are going to fine. Snipers were fine before and now they’re OP.
HAHAHAHA I just read this and had a good chuckle. Any half decent sniper, merc, con op, leth op, or sorc can 1v1 a dec sin and destroy him. There will always be skill imbalances but sins are like bottom of the meta, barely ahead of jugg and pt dps. should be interesting to see how 6.0 changes that. krea says they can 1v1 hlrs.

Banderal
10.22.2019 , 04:10 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
krea says they can 1v1 hlrs.
I don't know about sins being viable. I've read lots of different opinions about that. But about 1v1 healers... I don't think that's necessarily because decipti-sins are suddenly god mode. From my understanding, it's because healers got a big nerf. I think people are saying that you can insert "'any class' can now 1v1 healers"? I don't know if that's true (next few days will tell I guess), but any time I've read about healers being potentially in trouble now, it's always in context of healer nerfs. Not in context of some dps improvements.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

JediMasterAlex
10.22.2019 , 10:10 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
HAHAHAHA I just read this and had a good chuckle. Any half decent sniper, merc, con op, leth op, or sorc can 1v1 a dec sin and destroy him. There will always be skill imbalances but sins are like bottom of the meta, barely ahead of jugg and pt dps. should be interesting to see how 6.0 changes that. krea says they can 1v1 hlrs.
This is a gross exaggeration. Sins have not been that bad in 5.0. They are well above jugg and pt dps. Also, madness sorcs cannot 1v1 a deception sin of equal skill. For lightning it's doable but by no means guaranteed. Especially because if the sin stalls until acid, they should ultimately win.

black_pyros
10.22.2019 , 10:14 AM | #45
They do play PvP, the head producer himself stated 2 years ago, that he has 10k hours of gameplay in this game with PvP being one of his favorite activities.
https://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170413
Click for FREE 7 Days of Subscription

http://www.swtor.com/r/mdqsLM