Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Optimal Stats 5.9

phalczen
12.18.2018 , 07:33 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by mrphstar View Post
if you dont believe it, thats fine.
sigh …. I wrote that I completely believe it, and I understand Smarties theorycrafting.
regarding bluecults claim: there might be a typo. i think what he wanted to say is, he got 4% more dps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I think he mixed some words around -- maybe english not his main language. I interpreted this to mean that he parsed 4% higher with crit stat under 1800, and 4% less if over 1800.
As mrphstar and Rion stated, maybe this was a mistake. However, any scientific claim needs its data to be peer reviewed for it to be legitimate. In our case, this would includes blueCult posting:
1) Mastery, Power, Tech Power, critical chance percentage, alacrity percentage, accuracy percentage for each configuration tested
2) the number of trial parses conducted at each configuration
3) The dps done, abilities per minute, critical hit frequency, etc … expressed both as a mean across the parses WITHIN EACH configuration, and a lowest-highest range within each configuration.
4) Ideally, links to some, or all, of the parses, but I'd settle for the first three.
why would anyone look at the amount of crits first instead of the overall damage.
In fact, demonstrating that your observed frequency of critical hits is close to critical chance percentages in your character sheet helps to validate your data. If your observed frequency is much higher than the predicted, then your results are more than likely the result of random chance, or a methodology error, and not a true benefit of the stat balance you've chosen.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

dipstik
12.19.2018 , 03:59 PM | #72
i still dont see where these numbers are coming from...

are you using math or just educated guesses for balance between crit/alacrity/mastery/power ? for instance, can you tell be how much dps 10 points of crit contributes in fully optimized 258 gear for a lethality operative and how much 10 points of mastery offers. how close are we to reaching parity between crit and power or mastery. are you suggesting alacrity based on which gcd amaount is closer to the optimal build assuming alacrity is not quantized?

what bugs me the most is saying you are continuing what bant did in your own way without providing any real theorycrafting and there not being any real good experimental disign for the alacrity hypotheses....

but it is better than nothing... so thanks.

in regards to more crit hits with less crit rating...
mastery gives 0.2 damage per point and 0.2*(1-(1-(0.01/0.2))^((mastery/level)/5.5)) crit
crit: 0.3*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((crit_rating/level)/0.8))
surge from crit: 0.3 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( (crit/ level) / 0.8 ) )

calc it out

phalczen
12.19.2018 , 09:09 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
are you suggesting alacrity based on which gcd amaount is closer to the optimal build assuming alacrity is not quantized?
I'm guessing that's what Maxitrac is trying to say without the statistical and modeling terminology. They're posting the total that would be as close to 1857 alacrity without going below it, based on the Alacrity Rating values from 258 gear and 240 augments. I get the gestalt that most people who post believe alacrity percentages beyond the 15.39% you need for a 1.3 second GCD are wasted. That essentially makes both Accuracy and Alacrity fixed at a certain gear tier and the only variation comes with whether you believe critical rating is always better or if there is a point at which you need to add some more mastery to bring the baseline up. Of course, the implicit assumption is that more GCDs is always more dps. While that is true over a long period of time, like a parse, if uptime windows are extremely short, then that assumption is wrong. The problem is, of course, that its pretty hard to carry around gear sets with just the right amount of alacrity for every single boss encounter.

There might be exceptions to that 1857 goal though, for example, I run 2036 alacrity on my sage healer because I can get to a 1.1 second GCD under mental alacrity/polarity shift with that much. There could be various ability cast times, channel times, or cooldown times that would benefit from a level of alacrity rating higher than 1857. I think you and I agree that's what Bant tried to do in his modeling, but its clear he didn't know about the GCD rounding back then. Regardless, there are some abilities (again using sage heals as an example) where there are alacrity ratings you can, in theory, achieve with available stat budgets on gear, but because they reduce the global cooldown AND each ability's cooldown, you don't end up getting an ability back in a shorter number of GCDs.
Spoiler

In any event, what Bant's work suggests is that a class will benefit from a specific alacrity because of certain cast times/cooldowns/channel times for their abilities. Alternatively, It's also reasonable to post a starting goal, like 1857, for people to strive simply on the basis of the GCD effects, and give them the freedom to test from there.
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
in regards to more crit hits with less crit rating...
mastery gives 0.2 damage per point and 0.2*(1-(1-(0.01/0.2))^((mastery/level)/5.5)) crit
crit: 0.3*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((crit_rating/level)/0.8))
surge from crit: 0.3 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( (crit/ level) / 0.8 ) )

calc it out
Right, but I need blueCult's mastery and critical rating numbers to do that. I can make some rough guesstimates though...
Spoiler

Note, a lower predicted critical chance percentage does not always mean the dps will be lower, as evidenced by Smartie's essay on the topic, which I've already stated I find to be a reasonable and compelling essay. But running sample numbers through the formulae does pretty much confirm to me that unless blueCult made a typo, there's no way their final critical chance percentage on the character sheet was 4% more with a crit rating < 1800 and the respective increase in mastery, and if they did not make a typo the 4% higher critical hit occurence has to be an anomaly, regardless of the # of parses.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

phalczen
12.20.2018 , 01:27 PM | #74
Well, it seems as if the bound-to-anatomic-gear-slot for item modifications in 252 and 258 gear is an intended change. That’s going to make optimization quite a bit harder.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...03#edit9681903

Lexhorn
03.08.2019 , 11:53 AM | #75
Sorry but I do no understand this :
Mercenary Healer

6 Alacrity Enhancements 5 Augments, 4 Critical Enhancements, 9 Augments + 2 Crystals

6 Alacrity enhancements + 4 critical enhancements needs 10 enhancements slots, but there is only 8 pieces of armors/ weapons where you can put enhancements ...

Sorry for the stupid question, I probably missed something, but I am back from a pause of more than 4 years

Toraak
03.08.2019 , 01:45 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexhorn View Post
Sorry but I do no understand this :
Mercenary Healer

6 Alacrity Enhancements 5 Augments, 4 Critical Enhancements, 9 Augments + 2 Crystals

6 Alacrity enhancements + 4 critical enhancements needs 10 enhancements slots, but there is only 8 pieces of armors/ weapons where you can put enhancements ...

Sorry for the stupid question, I probably missed something, but I am back from a pause of more than 4 years
When referring to Enhancements it includes Headpiece, Chestpiece, Gloves, Legs, Boots, MH, OH, Earpiece, Implant x2. That is 10 pieces of gear, not 8.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Kri-gal
03.15.2019 , 10:36 PM | #77
3% Alacrity Bonuses (e.g. Arsenal, Carnage)
1.5s - 0-383
1.4s - 384-1374
1.3s - 1375-3411
1.2s - 3412+ (possible, but probably inadvisable)

5% Alacrity Bonuses (e.g. Lightning)
1.5s - 0-191
1.4s - 192-1096
1.3s - 1097-2835
1.2s - 2836+ (possible, but probably inadvisable)

What would the numbers be if you have the 3% buff, plus the 5% guild perk buff?

Maxitrac
03.16.2019 , 12:16 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Kri-gal View Post
3% Alacrity Bonuses (e.g. Arsenal, Carnage)
1.5s - 0-383
1.4s - 384-1374
1.3s - 1375-3411
1.2s - 3412+ (possible, but probably inadvisable)

5% Alacrity Bonuses (e.g. Lightning)
1.5s - 0-191
1.4s - 192-1096
1.3s - 1097-2835
1.2s - 2836+ (possible, but probably inadvisable)

What would the numbers be if you have the 3% buff, plus the 5% guild perk buff?
I am not going to figure out optimal stats for a retarded perk that can't be used in nim content.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales