Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theorycrafting anti-stealth PT/Merc build

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Theorycrafting anti-stealth PT/Merc build

JediMasterAlex
12.20.2019 , 09:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I just wish they could offer more VIABLE options which would really open up the variables in game play if they could add a bit more evenness to the strength of all combat ability options whether that is making gear sets across the board better, utilities better, tacticals more useful across the board, and even class specs ought to be more even in their performance in comparison.
You make some fair points. Dps sorcs have only one viable set bonus, for example, and that's true for many classes. One exception is pvp sniper. All three of the sniper set bonuses can be viable in pvp depending on the situation and your playstyle.

Also, most specs have at least two viable tacticals, again depending on the situation and your playstyle.

So it's far from perfect, but we definitely have more choice now in terms of customization than we ever did before.

DroidDreamer
01.14.2020 , 06:54 PM | #12
Does the personal scan area from Stealth Protection provided by the Hunter Killer set bonus proc the speed bonus for allied players from the Adaptable Assailant Utility?
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Jinre_the_Jedi
01.14.2020 , 11:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
Stealth scan is most effective if used immediately after the vanish.
False my dude. This is only applicable to maybe marauders. When a Sin vanishes, they gain Force Shroud (if they have the right utilities) which resists stealth scan. Try it out if you don't believe me. You will never catch a sin immediately after they cloak with stealth scan and this is a common mistake many mercs make. The only thing that you can do to pull them out is use Sweeping Blasters (aoe white damage ability), as only white damage can pull them out.

Same goes for operatives, any operative who knows better will roll after they vanish and roll will resist stealth scan as well. The only thing that doesn't resist stealth scan on vanish is Marauder.

So OP, if you are specifically trying to catch marauders out of stealth, then go for it. Otherwise, it's useless vs Sins and Operatives, the main stealth classes.