The meaning behind Flairs

Brother_Wolf_NZ

Why must there be a meaning behind them apart from looking nice and pretty? They can simply accentuate your character and are a cartel market item to stand out. For example I use the Sign of the Captured Flair for a female pyrotech Nautolan who is made out to look like Medusa in Greek mythology who petrifies her enemies. Edited by Phazonfreak

The meaning is you just sank 1000cc into a bunch of pixels that don't equip, tank, dps, or heal.

this is as close as i can get to a like button.

edit: i dont bother with them at all. in fact, i dont bother with a lot of CM items any more.

Edited by Qouivandes

Some of them actually represent Star Wars lore. Like the Havoc Flair is for Havoc Squad, for example. Agony and Carnage Flairs are representative of some of the Machine Gods. Not sure about some of the others. Some are obviously just for fun, like the Snow and Jawa one.

@OP, the answer you are looking for (lore meaning) is that there isn't any.... it's just a fancy name for a decorative item

Except there IS meaning behind some of them...as I stated above. Yes, they are decorative items, but stating they have no meaning is completely false. There are definite lore-oriented Flairs, especially for the RP-minded out there. There are Havoc and Obsidian Squad Flairs, Flairs representing the Gods, etc. There are plenty of non-lore ones, like the snowflake and Jawa ones as well, but mixed in ARE some with meaning.

Sarcasm ahead.

Yes everything in life must have purpose, likewise in gaming. It must tank, heal or dps. There should be no art in video gaming! Zero artistic styles. Function is the only acceptable purpose!

It's just art. Like various armors. Some of us don't want to just run around in plain shirt and pants with plan sword. Thus, the flair is simply it's name. A flair on your character's portrait that can emphasis their particular personality or back story.

None of you paid cc for Revan Reborn armor? It can't tank or heal. Unstable saber? You just bought pvp boosts?

Flairs are just fun (for some)

They won't give you any advantage in the game.

Fun is important to most people.

And the OP didn't ask if it gave any advantage, so I'm not sure why people keep responding as though he/she did. They just asked if there was any meaning--which there is. There IS LORE behind some of them, even if they are just decorative items. Revan's armor is just a decorative, fluff item too, yes, as someone mentioned above. Doesn't mean there isn't LORE behind it. That armor's design has a rich history.

They are a vanity item, something to increase the differences between chars, and to make your char name look prettier, funnier, etc. Some are based on lore, some not. Also, they are there to get more CC's bought, more money for EA/BW.

Personally I like the wanderer one, as the suns move across it, setting and rising. :)

Sarcasm ahead. Yes everything in life must have purpose, likewise in gaming. It must tank, heal or dps. There should be no art in video gaming! Zero artistic styles. Function is the only acceptable purpose!

Some people really are geared this way, though. It seems purpose and practical application is a part of everything in their minds.

The guy is probably a very analytical, highly intelligent guy that works in a tech field! OP, is my shot in the dark right? :p

Some people really are geared this way, though. It seems purpose and practical application is a part of everything in their minds.

The guy is probably a very analytical, highly intelligent guy that works in a tech field! OP, is my shot in the dark right? :p

it could be that some of the names hint at an actual meaning, while others are what they say (squads, etc) and others are fun (jawa face)

Except there IS meaning behind some of them...as I stated above. Yes, they are decorative items, but stating they have no meaning is completely false. There are definite lore-oriented Flairs, especially for the RP-minded out there. There are Havoc and Obsidian Squad Flairs, Flairs representing the Gods, etc. There are plenty of non-lore ones, like the snowflake and Jawa ones as well, but mixed in ARE some with meaning.

OP was asking for deeper meaning than what was on the label... yes, a few of the labels make obvious references, but the is no deeper meaning to them... basically if the name reference isn't obvious, it's because it's meaningless

The meaning is you just sank 1000cc into a bunch of pixels that don't equip, tank, dps, or heal.

I didn't buy any of the Flairs I have, directly from the GTN. Some are just rewards you get for getting to a Command rank, one is from being Legendary, and two came from Cartel Packs, which, while costing 200 CC, that CC came from monthly sub reward. (And, of course, there are others that can come from other sources.)

Also, of course, there is no P2W tank, heal, or dps gear in the CM to spend your CC on.

Edited by JediQuaker

I didn't buy any of the Flairs I have, directly from the GTN. Some are just rewards you get for getting to a Command rank, one is from being Legendary, and two came from Cartel Packs, which, while costing 200 CC, that CC came from monthly sub reward. (And, of course, there are others that can come from other sources.)

Also, of course, there is no P2W tank, heal, or dps gear in the CM to spend your CC on.

I usually buy them from the GTN, my cc's are reserved for the unlock sales :)